Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on January 11, 2022, 05:08:00 PM
Do you mean there should be no outcry ? These people are beyond contempt, if they did in fact attend this get together. And beyond that it's beyond contempt for a PMs main assistant to call for such a get together , in particular because it would have been completely within range of the PMs knowledge.
This is not a case of hard luck, for the PM and his government it's a simple case of a severe lack of common decency , and respect for the people that trusted him to form a government.
If we as a nation are no longer prepared to call this type of unforgivable behaviour , what it is , and remove the offenders then any remaining integrity remaining in our politics has been removed , opening the door to any tyrant .tyranny, that a future individual or party can think up. It's been said here , we know what we get with Tories. But do you ? Did you know you were voting for a government , that partied whilst the nation suffered from ill health, bereavement, and now the sheer contempt of its rulers.
Yes it's a highly dangerous situation, all the more reason why they ,this government should never have gone there, only sheer  arrogance can explain their actions.
The country is in one hell of a mess, which will not be easy to fix, no matter who try's to fix it . But ignore this example of arrogant contempt and the future of our politics parliamentary or otherwise is bleak to say the least.
And once again I would say what are you going to call for? A fallen Government? An election? It is not in your or my gift to call it. No to some extent I have agreed it's a mess but would your friend Starmer be any more competent? Gosh poor chap he keeps getting Covid - he could be even less at his desk than BJ. No it's up to the parliamentary members to feel the mood of the public and bring their leaders into line. We as the electorate can only watch and patiently wait.
Rome was never built in a day and we need to wait for the machines to turn and a potential new leader to appear. The talk is Rishi so they are already looking and have been for a while. Personally I hope it isn't him but it remains that BJ must be given a chance to get it right. His failure will not be the failure of the Conservative party. Unlike the Corbyn effect on Labour.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 04:51:54 PM
My next question is this. Is anyone in the world really truly thinking rationally at present? There are so many problems looming - is a garden party that looked pretty socially distanced, a few polite drinks or even an online quiz, really such a big deal? There is so much bigger a picture.
I appreciate the general tone of your post, which is why I thanked it.

This wasn't in the period of social distancing. It was in the time when two women in Derbyshire were being fined for having a coffee together in the open air. When all schools were closed and children were murdered because their parents could not cope.
But you are very brave to try to say that it is no big deal. It really is a big deal. Hypocrisy and creating laws to control the plebs whilst having a 100 people party is despicable. They will have to take the consequences
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on January 11, 2022, 04:20:41 PM
Ok so all the cabinet and most of No 10 resign. Where does that leave us? I am so very sick of the hysteria of one thing after another on all sides with little evident logic or reason. So people are cross - it's fashionable so let's all jump on the bandwagon and chase the offenders off into the desert.

When the next election comes you can make your displeasure shown then but let's stop the knee jerk reactions to everything that the media etc spends so much time and effort stirring. Barry you stated somewhere that we are in a post truth place now. If you believe that truly then look at what is really happening. The dissention comes from only one place.

Do you mean there should be no outcry ? These people are beyond contempt, if they did in fact attend this get together. And beyond that it's beyond contempt for a PMs main assistant to call for such a get together , in particular because it would have been completely within range of the PMs knowledge.
This is not a case of hard luck, for the PM and his government it's a simple case of a severe lack of common decency , and respect for the people that trusted him to form a government.
If we as a nation are no longer prepared to call this type of unforgivable behaviour , what it is , and remove the offenders then any remaining integrity remaining in our politics has been removed , opening the door to any tyrant .tyranny, that a future individual or party can think up. It's been said here , we know what we get with Tories. But do you ? Did you know you were voting for a government , that partied whilst the nation suffered from ill health, bereavement, and now the sheer contempt of its rulers.
Yes it's a highly dangerous situation, all the more reason why they ,this government should never have gone there, only sheer  arrogance can explain their actions.
The country is in one hell of a mess, which will not be easy to fix, no matter who try's to fix it . But ignore this example of arrogant contempt and the future of our politics parliamentary or otherwise is bleak to say the least. Don't forget this sort of open contempt could be in the hands of any future executive, and would be if ignored now.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 11, 2022, 04:37:34 PM
If you are trying to equate the Tories with truth, and the opposition with lies, then the delusion has surely taken hold.

I am saying the end of the tether has been reached. I may be the only member of the electorate that has got that far, mind you.

And, no, I don't want Gove in charge. However, the Tories will pay!
I'm sorry, my reaction was borne out of sheer frustration. I agree that Government - and I believe on all sides - has got it all so wrong at present. The trouble is that if we react violently we will throw the baby out with the bath water. This is a moment for some deep thought. I am sure the current Cabinet and BJ are more than aware of the 'anger' out there but it is created in so many ways not least by the frustration encountered over the last 2 years. I have no doubt that on the evidence of other countries before us they were right to shut down just as everyone else had. We have to remember that they were running scared of just what Covid would do to those where their first responsibility is protection.
I have read that Cabinet/Whitehall were working 24/7 at the time (which I can easily believe and said so at the time) trying to get a handle on it. Those in Government etc are not experts in very much, certainly not scientists or medical researchers, and quite rightly they listened hard to those who had the expertise. My question all along has been just what would anyone else with a job in Downing St have done?
So, shattered, in a work bubble where they saw each other all the time they got together in the garden. So what? Really! They are human beings who simply didn't think what they were doing. Apologise and move on. Of course that won't satisfy those with a 'bring the Government down' agenda. 
My next question is this. Is anyone in the world really truly thinking rationally at present? There are so many problems looming - is a garden party that looked pretty socially distanced, a few polite drinks or even an online quiz, really such a big deal? There is so much bigger a picture.

Barry

If you are trying to equate the Tories with truth, and the opposition with lies, then the delusion has surely taken hold.

I am saying the end of the tether has been reached. I may be the only member of the electorate that has got that far, mind you.

And, no, I don't want Gove in charge. However, the Tories will pay!
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Ok so all the cabinet and most of No 10 resign. Where does that leave us? I am so very sick of the hysteria of one thing after another on all sides with little evident logic or reason. So people are cross - it's fashionable so let's all jump on the bandwagon and chase the offenders off into the desert. 

When the next election comes you can make your displeasure shown then but let's stop the knee jerk reactions to everything that the media etc spends so much time and effort stirring. Barry you stated somewhere that we are in a post truth place now. If you believe that truly then look at what is really happening. The dissention comes from only one place.

Barry

During "lockdown 1" I was working at a major hospital, as was my wife. I remember on Easter Sunday we were manning the main reception desk. I remember having to act as a go between for patients who were not allowed any visiting onto wards. No visiting at all.
Husband dying? - No visiting.
I remember a lady calling in to pick up her husband's belongings from a ward. I had to go up to that ward and picked up 2 carrier bags with personal items. Staff were not wearing face coverings at the time. I entered the Covid ward without any protection and picked up these bags. I was told to tell the wife that she should leave the bags for a few days before removing the contents to let the virus die.
This was repeated several times.

I remember going to deliver Easter eggs to my family and seeing the grandchildren through the window as they didn't want to kill granddad and grandma.
I remember having all the symptoms of the disease for a few days after spending time on a Covid ward singing for a wedding service. The groom died after a few days with or of Covid, I don't know.
All the time the government were pumping out the fear and people were genuinely frightened. We felt a responsibility to care for and protect others.

So if anyone wants to justify Boris and other government staff having a bring your own bottle party whilst all this was going on, please go ahead. Because I would just like to say no, there never can be any justification. They should resign.

† The end is nigh †