Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 10:54:07 PM
Any comparison had nothing to do with ,Iraq read the piece.it's about peerages for money. And makes the point , Boris, has overseen far more , probable peerages for money than Blair, ever might have done.  No matter what you think of Blair,  Boris, has proved himself to be what I for one always thought he was. A first class prat. And bringing Iraq, back to the table doesn't alter that.
The best bet would be shut the place down and board it up. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Any comparison had nothing to do with ,Iraq read the piece.it's about peerages for money. And makes the point , Boris, has overseen far more , probable peerages for money than Blair, ever might have done.  No matter what you think of Blair,  Boris, has proved himself to be what I for one always thought he was. A first class prat. And bringing Iraq, back to the table doesn't alter that.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 10:21:35 PM
Quite so to compare his transgressions tonBoris having a party are laughable.
I guess. You can't compare as one should be sent to the Hague and the other should be issued with a fixed penalty notice. Even if the Met took this case to its conclusion, which I think they should if only to prove that nobody is above the law, BoJo isn't going to see a court room because the offence is a party and not an illegal war on trump charges. So they aren't comparable in that sense. But you can compare them in terms of suitability and conduct in the job. Neither should be anywhere near number 10 and Johnson should resign.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on January 12, 2022, 10:17:24 PM
Indeed. Blair was a poodle and back then it was about oil contracts rather than WMDs. As Bush said at the time, you are either in or you aren't but if you aren't, you are against America and have zero contracts once the war was over. Someone forgot to mention to Blair about the refugees that come with blowing up a country and the cost of doing so in terms of financial and lives of war. Or in laymen that is to say Blair didn't think of the consequences of his actions but rather saw the Dollar signs in his eyes. That isn't a difficult decision actually. That is what is known as greed.
Quite so to compare his transgressionsto Boris having a party are laughable.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I just have to observe that Blair was such a consummate actor that he even adapted his walk in line with Bush. He was so in awe of the man. So funny to watch!  Dancing Dancing 

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 10:04:31 PM
Difficult decision? don't make me laugh that bastard assured Bush a year before the war he was with him whatever the case.
Indeed. Blair was a poodle and back then it was about oil contracts rather than WMDs. As Bush said at the time, you are either in or you aren't but if you aren't, you are against America and have zero contracts once the war was over. Someone forgot to mention to Blair about the refugees that come with blowing up a country and the cost of doing so in terms of financial and lives of war. Or in laymen that is to say Blair didn't think of the consequences of his actions but rather saw the Dollar signs in his eyes. That isn't a difficult decision actually. That is what is known as greed.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 09:19:20 PM
And Blair was interviewed at that time as a witness,  due to the suspicion of peerages for money. So not much to do with being thought responsible for anything else. Oddly enough Blair, has never been declared responsible for any criminal act. I wonder if Boris, will be able to say that in 20 years from now. I had a funny feeling the mere mention of Blairs name would bring you out. A lot of war leaders are ,and have been responsible for thousands of lost lives. I'm only glad this clown, hasn't had to make any decision anywhere near as difficult as that original decision to go to war in Afghanistan, and Iraq.
Difficult decision? don't make me laugh that bastard assured Bush a year before the war he was with him whatever the case.

It wasn't difficult for him at all he wanted to propel himself on to the international stage.....and he did he is infamous ,responsible for death and misery for millions and promoting through his actions greater hatred of the west and terrorism.

No thought went in to his actions other than self promotion there was no post war plan for Iraq.......how did that work out?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 12, 2022, 09:27:56 PM
Has any PM ever been found guilty of a criminal offence in connection with their period in office? I suppose I could Google that, but I suspect nothing in modern times.
It probably should have happened to Blair but didn't. I doubt it will happen to Boris. Had it been a bring your own bottle party hosted by students or other members of the common people we all know  the police would have been all over it. And we can see that it is different rules for those in charge. Boris is more likely to moon at Keir Starmer in PMQs than he is to be charged with anything. We all know that. And this itself is part of the problem. But in the court of public opinion, Boris has already been charged, and most of the jury have concluded the obvious - that he is guilty as charged.

Still when he goes we know that in a decade or two he will be knighted, any petition against such being ignored with contempt, however many millions affix their signature. And this is part of a problem far bigger than Boris. The entire establishment hold we  the common people - and what we think - in utter contempt.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Has any PM ever been found guilty of a criminal offence in connection with their period in office? I suppose I could Google that, but I suspect nothing in modern times.
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on January 12, 2022, 08:47:16 PM
Yeah well tosser though Boris has turned out on this issue he's not responsible for thousands of deaths is he?

And Blair was interviewed at that time as a witness,  due to the suspicion of peerages for money. So not much to do with being thought responsible for anything else. Oddly enough Blair, has never been declared responsible for any criminal act. I wonder if Boris, will be able to say that in 20 years from now. I had a funny feeling the mere mention of Blairs name would bring you out. A lot of war leaders are ,and have been responsible for thousands of lost lives. I'm only glad this clown, hasn't had to make any decision anywhere near as difficult as that original decision to go to war in Afghanistan, and Iraq.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on January 12, 2022, 07:07:39 PM
It's not as if he hasn't got any other problems . One Mr T Blair, was obliged to under go a police interview on this one issue.
And yet not a bleep for Boris. It would seem he now admits to having broken the law on covid restrictions, how long will it be before he gets his embarrassing interview.
It would appear that there is not only one rule for the government and another for the people on covid, but one for the Tories, and another for the Labour Party , on any number of issues.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/want-a-seat-in-the-house-of-lords-be-tory-treasurer-and-donate-3m/
Yeah well tosser though Boris has turned out on this issue he's not responsible for thousands of deaths is he?

T00ts

Reading through the posts it is easy to get carried along by the mix of frustration, anger, and let's face it jubilation shown, but we have to keep sanity in sight because no matter the antagonism against BJ and the hope from some that the Conservative brand has been damaged beyond hope there are much bigger fish to fry.
No one is indispensable and certainly the Conservative party is bigger than BJ. He has kicked the can down the road until the report is complete and is no doubt hoping that the fuss will blow over. Perhaps it will but the media have the bit between their teeth and I doubt they will let it lie now.  I agree that BJ's days are numbered and wrote to my MP not long before Christmas giving him my views but for the country's sake this is something that needs to be achieved with a lot of care. We have had a string now of duff PMs and this nation cannot afford any more of the same. It would be better not to do anything in a panic - and anyway the next PM is going to hate the current decor in Downing St.

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on January 12, 2022, 08:05:14 PM
Speaking more generally, the anger I am hearing, even from lifelong Tory supporters, is palpable and genuine. I have known nothing like it since the expenses scandal. But whereas the expenses scandal tended to generate anger and disdain towards politicians in general - of all parties - this time the anger is entirely focussed upon Boris Johnson and those around him.

The danger here to the Tory party is clear. What they have to do about it - whatever their current public statements - is also clear. They are in absolute certainty throwing away the next election if they don't do it. They need to replace Jiohnson and surely most of them know it. Their mailbags from their own supporters must be telling them so.

It's been building for some few weeks now Steve, the results ,at Chesham, and N Shropshire, witness that.
And let's face it ,, coming up mega rises in energy bills, a general rise in prices, already being paid for and increasing . Shortages at certain times not going away. The economy far from out of the woods . The Brexit legacy is still not clear, but it's not apparent yet that it will do much for the plebs, daily problems,. 
One things for certain few will trust Bozo, again. But whoever gets landed with this mess , is on a good hiding to nothing.