Why those parties have made me angry

Started by Barry, January 11, 2022, 03:48:53 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2022, 11:21:40 PM
True, but will the brothers ans sisters do any better?
That's always the million dollar question. But if we are never prepared to give them a go. Then Boris, has set the level for the future. Now the level is reflected in that poll. So we have nothing left. Other than wishful thinking. No one on this earth has ever come up with a fail safe system of government of the plebs . All we can do is have a mechanism , for removing an incumbent , and thankfully we do. If we ever think it's not worth having, then we have entered the world of banana republic, third world .

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 31, 2022, 07:44:06 PM
We know polls are not totally reliable but this was Nov 2021. Before the party gate really got going.
One can only wonder how the chart looks now. It would seem three quarters of folk were in the picture then how many now.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating

True, but will the brothers ans sisters do any better?
Algerie Francais !

Good old

We know polls are not totally reliable but this was Nov 2021. Before the party gate really got going.
One can only wonder how the chart looks now. It would seem three quarters of folk were in the picture then how many now.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/trackers/boris-johnson-approval-rating

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 07:12:45 PM
Well he just said what everyone knows. Johnson is a lair and he should go. But he gains everyone's respect and now has his plaudits.
He doesn't get mine! So not everyone after all. :P

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on January 31, 2022, 06:58:18 PM
I take my hat off to Blackford. The country knows what Johnson, is and he articulated it accurately . Just a pity that being bluntly truthful is held to be against the sensibilities of the house.
Well he just said what everyone knows. Johnson is a lair and he should go. But he gains everyone's respect and now has his plaudits.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on January 31, 2022, 06:57:42 PM
That must have been a strain on Ted Heath  :)

You are naughty , but hard to argue with.

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 05:07:59 PM
Ian Blackford gets thrown out of parliament for calling Johnson a liar. Total hero. Let the clown stay on. He only destroys the union and his party the longer he clings on.

I take my hat off to Blackford. The country knows what Johnson, is and he articulated it accurately . Just a pity that being bluntly truthful is held to be against the sensibilities of the house.

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on January 31, 2022, 06:45:48 PM
Failures of leadership. and judgement.  Not me says Boris. I'm only THE LEADER,  it's all those little leaders.
One things for sure if he gets through this . No British PM will ever have to even pretend to be straight.

That must have been a strain on Ted Heath  :)
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Failures of leadership. and judgement.  Not me says Boris. I'm only THE LEADER,  it's all those little leaders. 
One things for sure if he gets through this . No British PM will ever have to even pretend to be straight. 

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 06:13:22 PM
There are plenty of replacements for BoJo. Nothing wrong with Rishi. But whatever. Johnson in power takes down the Tories. So although it means two more years of being a laughing stock, it also means we won't see them in power there after for a while. Every cloud.
I am not so sure it's all much bigger than one man. 

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 31, 2022, 06:09:17 PM
Yes he left after it became obvious that he retract or leave. He may still have to retract at a later date I'm not sure if that's the end of it. I do agree that BJ has to go and expected it before last Summer. Part of the problem now is the amount of time it might take to replace him - and there isn't an obvious candidate otherwise I feel sure action by the grey suits would already have been taken.  It's bad politically and nationally. I still can't find anyone who would be happy to take on the job right now. Not even fishy Rishi.

There are plenty of replacements for BoJo. Nothing wrong with Rishi. But whatever. Johnson in power takes down the Tories. So although it means two more years of being a laughing stock, it also means we won't see them in power there after for a while. Every cloud.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 05:56:50 PM
He did adhere the rules though T00ts. He didn't retract his statement and took his punishment. And if Johnson was a better character he would take his punishment for misleading parliament.
Yes he left after it became obvious that he retract or leave. He may still have to retract at a later date I'm not sure if that's the end of it. I do agree that BJ has to go and expected it before last Summer. Part of the problem now is the amount of time it might take to replace him - and there isn't an obvious candidate otherwise I feel sure action by the grey suits would already have been taken.  It's bad politically and nationally. I still can't find anyone who would be happy to take on the job right now. Not even fishy Rishi.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 31, 2022, 05:47:22 PM
The problem at present is that generally no-one likes rules. There are rules of the House and Blackmore was there to uphold them. He doesn't want to so don't be in the house. Anarchy won't solve the problems.

He did adhere the rules though T00ts. He didn't retract his statement and took his punishment. And if Johnson was a better character he would take his punishment for misleading parliament.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on January 31, 2022, 05:18:33 PM
He shouldn't retract his statement. His statement is correct. He gave out his question and then got thrown out a hero. All those who asked a question should have done likewise. A half empty house is a statement in itself.
The problem at present is that generally no-one likes rules. There are rules of the House and Blackmore was there to uphold them. He doesn't want to so don't be in the house. Anarchy won't solve the problems.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on January 31, 2022, 05:15:42 PM
Technically speaking the Speaker gave Blackford multiple opportunities to retract his comments which are not allowed within the House. Blackford in his usual bumptious oik way refused as many times. As the Speaker prepared to throw him out Blackford left relieving the Speaker of the action.
He shouldn't retract his statement. His statement is correct. He gave out his question and then got thrown out a hero. All those who asked a question should have done likewise. A half empty house is a statement in itself.