Tory MP defects to Labour

Started by papasmurf, January 19, 2022, 12:03:01 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 19, 2022, 12:57:21 PM
Well he has submitted a letter of  No Confidence in Boris Johnson but also resigned from the Tories, which probably means that his letter does not count as one of the 54 needed to trigger a leadership election.

Wakeford may be a man of principle, but he isn't much of a tactician.
I suspect he will still be an MP after the next general election.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 19, 2022, 12:44:06 PM
Yes, I can read. But, I have never heard of the turncoat until now. He should resign his seat and trigger a by election. His constituents are being cheated.
Well he has submitted a letter of  No Confidence in Boris Johnson but also resigned from the Tories, which probably means that his letter does not count as one of the 54 needed to trigger a leadership election.

Wakeford may be a man of principle, but he isn't much of a tactician.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 12:48:15 PM
So are the constituents in the all those usually Labour seats who lent their votes to the Tories.
You might have a point, but they lent their vote until the next election.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2022, 12:46:19 PM
That was  a show stopper
That was more than a show stopper. Johnson not answering a single question and deflecting all of them onto jabs that nobody gives a shit about, Davis has just made the headlines and that is all of what anyone is going to print.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 19, 2022, 12:44:06 PM
Yes, I can read. But, I have never heard of the turncoat until now. He should resign his seat and trigger a by election. His constituents are being cheated.
So are the constituents in the all those usually Labour seats who lent their votes to the Tories.

T00ts

Labour is boosted but this is a Red wall MP - so called - who has been in Parliament just over 5 minutes and is one of many from up North who wasn't expected to win and who evidently has interchangeable ideals. He obviously thinks he is more likely to keep his seat and salary if he swops sides. The Conservative party is better of without any of his ilk. More of these milk and water MPs will follow no doubt.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on January 19, 2022, 12:43:17 PM
Forget Christian Wakefield.... oh my god. DAVID DAVIS, Brexiteer of upmost just told Boris Johnson to f**k off. Conservative Party in meltdown.
That was  a show stopper

Barry

† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Forget Christian Wakefield.... oh my god. DAVID DAVIS, Brexiteer of upmost just told Boris Johnson to F@@@ off. Conservative Party in meltdown.

papasmurf

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Breaking news:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-60046632

Posted at 11:56

11:56

Labour's leader Sir Keir Starmer says he welcomes the decision of Christian Wakeford to join the party, after he dramatically defected from the Conservatives minutes before Prime Minister's Questions.