So where exactly are these Russian Troops?

Started by Sampanviking, January 19, 2022, 02:09:39 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Well I guess we were all laughing at the constant predictions,we were taken by surprise.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on February 27, 2022, 11:13:39 PM
This has clearly not aged very well, lol. Whatever else might be said about the western media - and I have often been a critic of it - they were right after all about the Russians massing on Ukraine's borders in readiness for an invasion.

I have to conclude that on this one time has proven the western media correct and you rather badly wrong.
Well im sure sampans big enough to take the hit and admit he was wrong.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 19, 2022, 02:09:39 PMIt takes less than a minute to find and study the map provided to see that these troops (however many they are) are in fact on base (allowing for regular exercises and training) and that these bases are mostly at least one hundred to two hundred miles from the border.
This is a reality very different from the fantasy being propagated by media and political class.
This has clearly not aged very well, lol. Whatever else might be said about the western media - and I have often been a critic of it - they were right after all about the Russians massing on Ukraine's borders in readiness for an invasion.

I have to conclude that on this one time has proven the western media correct and you rather badly wrong.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2022, 09:40:35 AM
:D courtesy of vasily mactavish....

I miss the days of our correspondant in hackney , lord constantine of the chateau de blois , accussing us plebs of being russian bots.

I bet the yanks are praying for him to invade Ukraine. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

:D courtesy of vasily mactavish....

I miss the days of our correspondant in hackney , lord constantine of the chateau de blois , accussing us plebs of being russian bots.

Thomas

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 19, 2022, 02:09:39 PM
Every news bulletin that mentions this story all say the same thing
"There are 100,000 to 170,000 Russian troops positioned on (some say near) the Ukrainian border"
This is has been the default description since about October last year.

The clear implication of this is that an imprecise figure between 100,000 and 170,000 Russian soldiers are currently actively deployed, in the field, on the Ukrainian border and have been for up to the last three months.

Think about that for a minute. First of all the figure 70,000 troops is quite a big discrepancy and about the size of the British Army. Are we really being told that the reconnaissance and surveillance capabilities of NATO are able to miss a modern army force the size of the British Army??!!

Secondly Deployed in the field for nearly three months and in the middle of the Russian Winter!! This is clearly madness and I cannot think of any professional modern army that deploys its forces in the field, during peacetime for more than a few weeks at a time.
Further to leave a force of between 100 to nearly 200 thousand men in the field over the Russian winter for months on end, would be the height of reckless foolishness that could only lead to a massive loss of morale and a drastic loss of capability in both men and war machines.

Further, behind the headlines, (where the majority will not bother to read) we see a rather different story even in the West's MSM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56720589

It takes less than a minute to find and study the map provided to see that these troops (however many they are) are in fact on base (allowing for regular exercises and training) and that these bases are mostly at least one hundred to two hundred miles from the border.
This is a reality very different from the fantasy being propagated by media and political class.

So ask yourself this. If the EU were to start complaining about the threatening nature of British troops deployed on the South Coast ready to Invade, when the troops being discussed were actually in base's in Mid Wales and Yorkshire, how would you respond?

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 20, 2022, 11:13:43 PM

Therefore I hardly blame them for regurgitating someone else's PR shite.

As covid hysteria wanes , red under the beds hysteria is re activated. Ever get the feeling you are being played?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 20, 2022, 11:13:43 PM

Having said that, I'm sure Putin has something upmhis sleeve other than his armpit.
He wants the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline opened. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

As I have referred to a few times in the past, Journalism in the UK has descended to regurgitation of press releases. This is particularly the case where to actually get ones arse to the scene is fraught with problems like having ones aircraft disintegrate in mud air, dumping you into a limb wrenching 500 mph wind at 35000 feet and -55 C courtesy of a Russian or maybe not so Russian missile system.

Regardless of what else BBC journalists allow up their arses in search of pleasure, I'm pretty sure aircraft fuselage shrapnel isn't on the list.

Therefore I hardly blame them for regurgitating someone else's PR shite.

Having said that, I'm sure Putin has something upmhis sleeve other than his armpit.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on January 19, 2022, 02:09:39 PM
"There are 100,000 to 170,000 Russian troops positioned on (some say near) the Ukrainian border"

The clear implication of this is that an imprecise figure between 100,000 and 170,000 Russian soldiers are currently actively deployed, in the field, on the Ukrainian border and have been for up to the last three months.

Think about that for a minute. First of all the figure 70,000 troops is quite a big discrepancy and about the size of the British Army. Are we really being told that the reconnaissance and surveillance capabilities of NATO are able to miss a modern army force the size of the British Army??!!

Secondly Deployed in the field for nearly three months and in the middle of the Russian Winter!! This is clearly madness and I cannot think of any professional modern army that deploys its forces in the field, during peacetime for more than a few weeks at a time.
Further to leave a force of between 100 to nearly 200 thousand men in the field over the Russian winter for months on end, would be the height of reckless foolishness that could only lead to a massive loss of morale and a drastic loss of capability in both men and war machines.

Further, behind the headlines, (where the majority will not bother to read) we see a rather different story even in the West's MSM

It takes less than a minute to find and study the map provided to see that these troops (however many they are) are in fact on base (allowing for regular exercises and training) and that these bases are mostly at least one hundred to two hundred miles from the border.

So ask yourself this. If the EU were to start complaining about the threatening nature of British troops deployed on the South Coast ready to Invade, when the troops being discussed were actually in base's in Mid Wales and Yorkshire, how would you respond?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYz2nPE0BCk
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking