Downing Street party: Who is Sue Gray and what is she investigating?

Started by GBNews, January 23, 2022, 07:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on January 24, 2022, 08:26:07 AM
you can't read reports , 
I can't read reports the Tory government refuses to publish which is now so many I have lost count.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

you can't read reports , clearly , so what you worried about FOI requests for?

As for sue gray , unless someone is a partisan anti tory like you who is clearly about to hang and flog a tory , any tory kangaroo court style , you arent interested anyway?
True.

Pappy will believe anything he wants to believe, regardless of any reports. And in this case he is probably right. Boris has spent a lifetime skipping across the ice and this time Eliza has gone arse over teakettle into the river. And to make it worse, the banks are not lined with the ranks of Tuscany who can scarce forbear to cheer, but countless dreary bastards who want to suck all the gaiety out of the nation. I just mentioned that on another forum and someone asked why I wanted a PM who made jokes and that politics is an important and serious business and when I said eat shit C@@@, he or it reported me. O tempora, o mores, o irrumabo.

From what I can gather it won't be easy to nobble Ms Gray. And even if it was, no one would believe it where she to clear Johnson. Boris' best chance is to just ride it out.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 24, 2022, 08:33:53 AM

Well that's what incompetent Tories tell us she's been doing. Which to be fair is the civil service's job, to make sure the truth stays in a cupboard and the people are fed bullshit and lies.
From 1993 until May 2010 I used to get regular datasets from government(s) mainly DWP ones, (all you had to do was register.)
After May 2010 that stopped and it has been next to impossible to get at any updates to those datasets. On the rare times a dataset is forced out of government by the Information Commissioner or the courts, it will not be the information as asked for.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2022, 08:18:44 AM
I had, and she has spent most of her time in the job advising government to avoid answering Freedom Of Information Requests and burying and redacting enquiries so I have no faith at all in her investigating "gatherings" in 10 Downing Street or anywhere else.

Well that's what incompetent Tories tell us she's been doing. Which to be fair is the civil service's job, to make sure the truth stays in a cupboard and the people are fed bullshit and lies.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

I am very worried about  FOI requests that have remained unanswered because of what those legitimate questions asked.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 24, 2022, 08:18:44 AM
I had, and she has spent most of her time in the job advising government to avoid answering Freedom Of Information Requests and burying and redacting enquiries so I have no faith at all in her investigating "gatherings" in 10 Downing Street or anywhere else.

As for sue gray , unless someone is a partisan anti tory like you who is clearly about to hang and flog a tory , any tory kangaroo court style , you arent interested anyway?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 23, 2022, 09:29:07 PM
Had anyone even heard of her before partygate?

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 23, 2022, 11:28:51 PM
Well I hadn't, you clearly hadn't, and I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum had.

And yet our very presence here proves us to be a politically interested and reasonably knowledgeable bunch of self selecting political anoraks. So if we have never heard of her before now, I expect very few amongst the wider public will have either - unless they are related to her, married to her, are neighbours of her or went to pigging school with her, lol.

The politicians of course pretty much all say she is a woman of great integrity and honesty, which may be true. But the obvious flaw here is that we only have the politicians' word on that.

Clearly one of Sir Humphreys sleeper cells, the people who actually run the country whether the people elected to westminster like it be or not
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on January 23, 2022, 09:29:07 PM
Had anyone even heard of her before partygate?
Well I hadn't, you clearly hadn't, and I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum had. 

And yet our very presence here proves us to be a politically interested and reasonably knowledgeable bunch of self selecting political anoraks. So if we have never heard of her before now, I expect very few amongst the wider public will have either - unless they are related to her, married to her, are neighbours of her or went to pigging school with her, lol.

The politicians of course pretty much all say she is a woman of great integrity and honesty, which may be true. But the obvious flaw here is that we only have the politicians' word on that. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Downing Street party: Who is Sue Gray and what is she investigating?

Tory MPs have been urged to wait for the civil servant's report before passing judgement on Boris Johnson.

Source: Downing Street party: Who is Sue Gray and what is she investigating?