“Protocol continues to cause significant issues for medicine supplies” Cameron

Started by Thomas, February 05, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 06:45:55 PM
There is a border in the irish sea , we have established that , and we also know why that is . What it isnt is becasue the WTO allegedly according to you demands borders.
.almost every thread on this forum is littered by you with bullshit lies and innuendo as well as dodges and runs from difficuly questions while ignoring replies.

I see moralyloon on the scottish section has taken the time to educate you and rip apart the guff you talk.

Arent you lucky someone has the patience to sit and educate you for free on this wee interwebby forum in the back corners of the net.
under wto has been adressed many times now. You are doing the same thing ye tagain as you do with "mays deal" screaming the same thing over and over and expecting to shout down opponents even though technically you are wrong in your original premise as i said with caveats.

you fool no one on here boycey ,maybe except yourself.
please using the quote tags quote me on one thng you think i have made up.

Morayloon just extended things I said and put his perspective on things in his POV. Not that I care too much on independence of course but I am more sure than not that the SNP under Salmond would not be doing as well as it is now given Sturgeon has done well away from independence politics which in turn gives confidence in moderates for an independence vote. But I can't keep repeating things everyone should already know on the border issue. The WTO demands checks on goods. That needs to be done at the border, unless you also call for bonded warehouses where everything would have to be dropped off (I guess near the border) to then get collected again at some point in the future causing huge bottlenecks. This would actually increase prices more and cause even greater shortages for Northern Ireland than they have now but we must support Johnson and his oven ready deal at all cost mustn't we.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 06:20:49 PM
That doesn't work for lorries in transit FYI.
no one cares boycey.

Brexit is done , and you need to get used to reality instead of living in wolfie smith la la land.

Northern ireland at best is a stalemate in the brexit war. It certainly isnt going to change or force the rest of the uk into some brino deal. Everyone outside remainer cloud cuckoo land knows that.

Fack sake boycey , you remoaners were promising us you were gonnae get rid of bojo , and you cant even get that right.:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 06:19:33 PM
A border is required in the Irish Sea, the Irish border or between Ireland and the EU given WTO requires checks on goods.
There is a border in the irish sea , we have established that , and we also know why that is . What it isnt is becasue the WTO allegedly according to you demands borders.

QuoteThe only person who talks bollock on here is you
.almost every thread on this forum is littered by you with bullshit lies and innuendo as well as dodges and runs from difficult questions while ignoring replies.

I see moralyloon on the scottish section has taken the time to educate you and rip apart the guff you talk.

Arent you lucky someone has the patience to sit and educate you for free on this wee interwebby forum in the back corners of the net.

Quoteone in the Irish Sea even under WTO
under wto has been adressed many times now. You are doing the same thing yet again as you do with "mays deal" screaming the same thing over and over and expecting to shout down opponents even though technically you are wrong in your original premise as i said with caveats.

you fool no one on here boycey ,maybe except yourself.

Quoteall that does is proves to me is that you make things up as you go along.
please using the quote tags quote me on one thng you think i have made up.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 06:17:16 PM
Checks don't have to be done at borders, in the Scottish booze industry they use bonded warehouses. All customers transactions are fine there.
That doesn't work for lorries in transit FYI.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 05:46:29 PM
boycey , please stop talking bollocks for once in your life .
A border is required in the Irish Sea, the Irish border or between Ireland and the EU given WTO requires checks on goods. The only person who talks bollock on here is you. The EU won't agree to a border in the Single Market, the EU and UK agreed to not have one in Ireland which would leave one in the Irish Sea even under WTO. WTO is not an option to stop border issues. Sometimes you constant ad-hom or Strawman really do let you down. If you think your debating style convinces anyone who knows these things they are "talking bollocks", all that does is proves to me is that you make things up as you go along.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 04:46:51 PM
Ah, but it does Nick. All goods need check and balances at the border. The only way to stop that is to have another trade deal in place. Because all goods under WTO need to be treated the same. Unfortunately it is the myth that WTO means no checks of goods.
Checks don't have to be done at borders, in the Scottish booze industry they use bonded warehouses. All customers transactions are fine there. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 05:12:47 PM
Well not really. Even that requires an agreement and isn't defacto no deal.
boycey , please stop talking bollocks for once in your life .

here is what you said on the sixth post of the first page of this thread.
The WTO demands a border
As nick has said , and my links have shown , there is no rule in the wto that demands a border. So yet again you are talking rubbish.

When you are caught out , you run away and try and change the argument onto something else to save face. I said to you before , if you arent going to debate honestly then not only are you going to be ridiculed more and more , but debate with you then becomes meaningless as words mean nothing and all we are left with is your bare faced lies and poor attempt at spin.

The WTO doesnt demand a border , but there are caveats involved. If you cant accept you are wrong in this then we may as well give up.

As i said to nick ,there is a border there now , johnson agreed to it , and the question is not wether there will be a border , but how long it will stay in place.

over and out.

Thomas

fackin hell . what a shower. We have boycey arguing about the intracacies of internaitional trade and wto agreements on a politics forum yet he isnt even registered to vote. :D

We have pappy hiding under his bed , yet can tell us everything about every culture in the world despite never having been to most of these places.

...and lastly my mate geraldine , doesnt know a prominent dublin politician but knows every in and out of uk politics despite being irish . I tell you , us mere mortals are blessed being educated on this forum by all the wit and charm on display.

cheers bhoys.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 05:09:15 PM
doesnt matter , the point is yet again boycey is talking bollocks about wto rules.

Well not really. Even that requires an agreement and isn't defacto no deal.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 05:07:52 PM
Why would the EU agree to that? Why would the EU split the single market because the UK voted leave. That isn't even an option. That is a EU red line.
doesnt matter , the point is yet again boycey is talking bollocks about wto rules.

B0ycey

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 04:57:37 PM
There could be a frictionless border between the six counties and ireland under WTO rules, so nick is correct in what he is saying boycey , but there are many issues to be considered.
Why would the EU agree to that? Why would the EU split the single market because the UK voted leave. That isn't even an option. That is a EU red line.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on February 19, 2022, 04:47:47 PM
No trolling involved I am merely responding to comments on the thread. If you have any specific knowledge of Labour MPs and drug abuse feel to provide  a credible reference.
you are trolling and stop telling lies.

You brought the off topic subject of cocaine up in the 8th post of the first page , and it went from there. I have asked you repeatedly to stop trolling the thread , please do so before i break a habit of a lifetime and report your trolling to the mods.

Desist.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on February 19, 2022, 04:46:51 PM
Ah, but it does Nick. All goods need check and balances at the border. The only way to stop that is to have another trade deal in place. Because all goods under WTO need to be treated the same. Unfortunately it is the myth that WTO means no checks of goods.
There could be a frictionless border between the six counties and ireland under WTO rules, so nick is correct in what he is saying boycey , but there are many issues to be considered.

Anyhow , havent you remioaners got a new shtick to argue? This re hashing the same auld guff over and over is getting boring , we did all this to death.

In conclusion, there are a number of provisions of international trade law which should support a mostly frictionless border between the EU and NI without violating the MFN rule.

Consequently, this issue should not be viewed as an impediment to the UK's departure from the EU's customs union and single market after Brexit.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/could-international-trade-law-support-a-frictionless-border-between-the-eu-and-northern-ireland/

http://brexitlegalguide.co.uk/northern-ireland-and-irish-border/

• Since there is no WTO rule requiring governments to secure their borders, failing to do so would not break any specific agreement
  • Where the UK might run into trouble is under the WTO's non-discrimination rules, particularly "most-favoured-nation" treatment (MFN), which means treating one's trading partners equally

https://tradebetablog.wordpress.com/2018/07/18/does-the-wto-require-countries-to-control-their-borders/

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2022, 04:42:35 PM
stop trolling the thread and taking it off topic. Start a thread on labour mps and drug use and argue about it there pappy.
No trolling involved I am merely responding to comments on the thread. If you have any specific knowledge of Labour MPs and drug abuse feel to provide  a credible reference.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2022, 04:39:21 PM
Come on Tom, you know very well I didn't say that.
The point I made was that nowhere does the WTO say there MUST be a border.