UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on February 11, 2022, 03:35:45 PM
And as for Brexit, as you can see it is killing us.....NOT!!
I wonder if the Commons Public Accounts Committee agrees with your assessment Nick. But in any case, growth figures aren't exactly a perfect science when for the past year we closed up the economy, and the Tories won't be able to hide behind Covid forever. Next year they are going to have to explain stagnation I suspect and when UK businesses aren't trading within the EU because of red tape and told to trade with the rest of the world to make that up, I wonder do you think that will compensate.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on February 11, 2022, 12:22:04 PM
You mean because we fell further than everyone else, the rebound figures can be used for propaganda purposes?

It is funny that every major economy has now fully recovered and we are left behind. I expect BoJo to swing a line here but I wonder if anyone is truly gullible to ignore the fall when looking at the rise. Not anyone with half a brain. And more evidence that the Tories aren't answering the major questions or addressing the major concerns. I guess they are too busy partying and playing the Ukraine card than address the economy I suspect.

Apart from the fact we beat everyone in Europe except the Germans on everything, including 2020.
And as for Brexit, as you can see it is killing us.....NOT!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 11, 2022, 12:37:10 PM
Possibly Boysie.

This thinking lark, it happened to someone else didn't it?

Irony, tinnery, bronzery, give Boysie an extra large turnip

The irony is the lie will unravel Borkie. It is going to be a tough sell for the next three years to blag this BS when we can't possibly maintain a positive growth rate next year when red tape has impacted our exports. And what I mean by that, is next year there won't be something for everyone but a huge stick to whack BoJo with by remainers.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on February 11, 2022, 12:22:04 PM
You mean because we fell further than everyone else, the rebound figures can be used for propaganda purposes?

Possibly Boysie.

This thinking lark, it happened to someone else didn't it?

Irony, tinnery, bronzery, give Boysie an extra large turnip
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60344573

Of course, it also collapsed by 9.4% in 2020. So one way and another there is something for everyone. :)

It is funny that every major economy has now fully recovered and we are left behind. I expect BoJo to swing a line here but I wonder if anyone is truly gullible to ignore the fall when looking at the rise. Not anyone with half a brain. And more evidence that the Tories aren't answering the major questions or addressing the major concerns. I guess they are too busy partying and playing the Ukraine card than address the economy I suspect.

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on February 11, 2022, 11:13:32 AM
The most important thing is whether we're beating the French and that apparently isn't happening. Hopefully Macron will not be reelected.
The most important thing is Brexit is an ever worsening disaster.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

The most important thing is whether we're beating the French and that apparently isn't happening. Hopefully Macron will not be reelected.

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60344573

Of course, it also collapsed by 9.4% in 2020. So one way and another there is something for everyone. :)
Algerie Francais !