UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 05:29:07 PM
It isn't anything to laugh about, if Brexit is not costing your business any extra money, no delays, and no 21 pages long forms to fill out for each shipment, I am sorry but I have to be VERY suspicious.
You can suspish all you like. I don't care. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 05:00:13 PM
😂 😂 😂
It isn't anything to laugh about, if Brexit is not costing your business any extra money, no delays, and no 21 pages long forms to fill out for each shipment, I am sorry but I have to be VERY suspicious.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 04:00:33 PM
Is what your business is a secret? Are you ashamed of it?  (If Brexit is causing you no problems at all, that is frankly suspicious.)
😂 😂 😂 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 03:54:35 PM
Don't like your own medicine eh?
Is what your business is a secret? Are you ashamed of it?  (If Brexit is causing you no problems at all, that is frankly suspicious.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 03:11:23 PM
Well mention is again because it must be one the few businesses involved in import from the EU and export to the EU that is not have extra costs, delays, and close to impossible paperwork to fill out.
Don't like your own medicine eh?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 02:14:01 PM
I've mentioned my business on here numerous times. As you always say, go and look for it.
Well mention is again because it must be one the few businesses involved in import from the EU and export to the EU that is not have extra costs, delays, and close to impossible paperwork to fill out.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 01:33:24 PM
So you are not prepared to state what your business does. I am not preaching, the facts are there, however much you do a three wise monkeys about it.
I've mentioned my business on here numerous times. As you always say, go and look for it. 

T00ts

It is a business truth that unless it is prepared to move with changing times it will get left behind. My business was the same. Unless I was prepared to be quick off the mark to adjust I would have gone under. If I look back at the 46 years of my business time the thing I started with bore no recognition to the one I ended with. Mine was not a huge business. Big for it's type but small fry in general business terms but the same rules apply. Owners/management need to be on the ball and not look at change as if it is going to go away if they are to survive.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 01:15:27 PM
You're not listening.

I don't care. If they can't be bothered to prepare for change then tough.
All you Remoaners have been told numerous times, leavers are prepared to take some short term heartache. Stop preaching to us, we don't care.
So you are not prepared to state what your business does. I am not preaching, the facts are there, however much you do a three wise monkeys about it. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 12:50:13 PM
Nick can I ask what your business is please because your business will not extrapolate to all business. (No matter how much you think it does.)
You're not listening. 

I don't care. If they can't be bothered to prepare for change then tough. 
All you Remoaners have been told numerous times, leavers are prepared to take some short term heartache. Stop preaching to us, we don't care. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 12:40:53 PM
Course it does. If one business can navigate the new rules why can't all? Lack of preparation and determination.
Nick can I ask what your business is please because your business will not extrapolate to all business. (No matter how much you think it does.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 13, 2022, 08:52:55 AM
You personal experience does not extrapolate to all businesses especially small ones.
Course it does. If one business can navigate the new rules why can't all? Lack of preparation and determination. 

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on February 13, 2022, 09:20:51 AM
Exactly.
His personal experience is just than, personal experience. Which does not stack up against the Public Accounts Committee reporting and logistics industry data.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/160856/clear-increase-in-costs-paperwork-and-border-delays-for-uk-business-since-brexit-not-helped-by-repeated-delays-to-new-import-regime/

https://encompass-europe.com/comment/should-or-can-we-make-brexit-work
Monday 31 January 2022 marked the 2nd anniversary of the UK's official exit from the European Union. At this symbolically important moment, the Johnson government and other Brexiters are keen to convince the British public that Brexit is working. Thus, to mark the occasion the government published a report on 'The Benefits of Brexit.' The 102-page long document lists everything from rolled-over trade deals, over the new trade and cooperation agreement (TCA) with the EU itself, to the famous crown stamp mark on pint glasses as undisputable benefits of Brexit. However, despite its impressive volume, according to Chris Grey, the report simply lists "a mish-mash of things that are untrue, or true but misleading or of trivial or questionable value." Most fundamentally, the report is deeply flawed because it does not provide a cost-benefit analysis of the impact of Brexit to date, but simply ignores any costs, focussing thus on gross benefits.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Nick on February 12, 2022, 10:44:19 PM
I run a business that trades with the EU. My net business costs have not changed a single penny. My usual beginning of the year jaunt to Italy was replace by a trip to Chicago instead. Flights were more but I passed that into my customer.
Old sluggish businesses that refuse to adapt die and are replaced by new dynamic businesses that are ready to stick 2 fingers up to the EU. We don't need the EU, 70% of business is done outside of the block, probably more now have left.

Stop telling me businesses are going to fail because of Brexit, I'm not interested, slash and burn and make way for new grown is the answer.
Exactly.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 12, 2022, 10:44:19 PM
I run a business that trades with the EU. My net business costs have not changed a single penny. 
You personal experience does not extrapolate to all businesses especially small ones.