UK economy rebounds with 7.5% growth last year

Started by Borchester, February 11, 2022, 10:08:27 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:32:09 PM
Criticising someone for believing what they want to believe in spite of evidence to the contrary is not the same thing as diagnosing an actual medical condition.
I BELIEVE he is autistic. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2022, 02:38:32 PM
The Troll was the person who posted the blatant lie:- "We have a vast army of layabouts who won't work ." 
It shows no knowledge at all about the Claimant Commitment, the hostile environment by the Government, the DWP and JobCentre Plus towards claimants and that very nasty woman Therese Coffey who is Iain Duncan Smith on speed. Terrible woman.
All the usual traits Pappy, calling people liars and nasty. You really need to keep your autism under control. 

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 05:45:29 PM
Another one who believes rubbish he wants to believe without a shred of supporting evidence, and in wilful defiance of any evidence to the contrary. Smurf has a point with people like you who believe what you want to believe regardless of the facts, when he speaks of cognitive dissonance. What you choose to believe is too damned convenient for you to let mere facts get in the way.
And you're going to prove that there isn't a significant number of scrounges on the dole?

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 09:23:21 PM
But it's ok for Pappy to do it is it?
I thought you were a lot more perceptive Steve, obviously I was wrong.
It is not ok for anyone to do it. But I have not seen him make medical diagnoses of anyone. Suggesting that someone is displaying cognitive dissonance is not that. I see you displaying cognitive dissonance quite a lot myself. Criticising someone for believing what they want to believe in spite of evidence to the contrary is not the same thing as diagnosing an actual medical condition. If he has done the latter I have not seen it. But if he ever has then it is wrong.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 09:14:09 PM
Here you are doing it again, believing in something you have no evidence for. Even someone with decades of medical training and experience would never make a medical diagnosis on the basis of someone's internet postings. Yet here you are doing just that. Care to share with us your medical qualifications and bona fides? And let us know when and where you examined Smurf in person, asking all the correct medical questions re symptoms and thought processes  in order to make a diagnosis?

Or are you just making ill educated assumptions again?
But it's ok for Pappy to do it is it? 
I thought you were a lot more perceptive Steve, obviously I was wrong. 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 15, 2022, 06:11:33 PMYour bull 💩 is plain to see as well as your autism
Here you are doing it again, believing in something you have no evidence for. Even someone with decades of medical training and experience would never make a medical diagnosis on the basis of someone's internet postings. Yet here you are doing just that. Care to share with us your medical qualifications and bona fides? And let us know when and where you examined Smurf in person, asking all the correct medical questions re symptoms and thought processes  in order to make a diagnosis?

Or are you just making ill educated assumptions again?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2022, 07:14:15 PM
From the local BBC just now, more at link, ( I expect the usual suspects will come out with their usual ill informed prejudiced nastiness.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-60380216

Newquay housing charity sees 'massive increase' in demand

Published4 hours ago

'The new poor'

Staff have been supporting people in the Newquay, where the charity is based, but have also helped people across the county, including Bodmin, Launceston, Penzance and St Austell.
Monique Collins said: "Before Covid, it was about 50 people a week. Now it can be up to 1,500 people a week that we're helping.
"That's the massive increase that we have seen, and it is getting worse.
"People will say: 'Why don't they get a job?' But, actually, these are people that are working.
"These are mums, dads, individuals that are actually working but can't make ends meet. They're the new poor."
In your own article, it's due to Covid!!
Finally you acknowledge the facts. 

papasmurf

From the local BBC just now, more at link, ( I expect the usual suspects will come out with their usual ill informed prejudiced nastiness.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-60380216

Newquay housing charity sees 'massive increase' in demand

Published4 hours ago

'The new poor'

Staff have been supporting people in the Newquay, where the charity is based, but have also helped people across the county, including Bodmin, Launceston, Penzance and St Austell.
Monique Collins said: "Before Covid, it was about 50 people a week. Now it can be up to 1,500 people a week that we're helping.
"That's the massive increase that we have seen, and it is getting worse.
"People will say: 'Why don't they get a job?' But, actually, these are people that are working.
"These are mums, dads, individuals that are actually working but can't make ends meet. They're the new poor."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on February 15, 2022, 05:45:29 PM
Another one who believes rubbish he wants to believe without a shred of supporting evidence, and in wilful defiance of any evidence to the contrary. Smurf has a point with people like you who believe what you want to believe regardless of the facts, when he speaks of cognitive dissonance. What you choose to believe is too damned convenient for you to let mere facts get in the way.

Blimey Steve, I only suggested that if you wanted more money you might like to retrain and earn it.

No need to throw a strop
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2022, 12:12:20 PM
I have never been diagnosed with autism, but your Cognitive Dissonance is obvious for all to see.
Your bull 💩 is plain to see as well as your autism. Bet you can count matchsticks really quick 😂 

Sheepy

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on February 15, 2022, 04:39:24 PM
Getting rid of these scroungers was one of the main reasons for us to vote Leave.
When 95% of all immigrants are on the dole you can smell what the rock is cooking.

Well, I don't know about that, but like Elon Musk in his jet it is great fun having a bunch of junior weirdos following you around telling you how one should think.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on February 15, 2022, 09:58:27 AMWe have a vast army of layabouts who won't work and are encourage not to work by the sewer rats of the entitlement industry.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2022, 02:38:32 PM
The Troll was the person who posted the blatant lie:- "We have a vast army of layabouts who won't work ." 
It shows no knowledge at all about the Claimant Commitment, the hostile environment by the Government, the DWP and JobCentre Plus towards claimants and that very nasty woman Therese Coffey who is Iain Duncan Smith on speed. Terrible woman.
Getting rid of these scroungers was one of the main reasons for us to vote Leave.
When 95% of all immigrants are on the dole you can smell what the rock is cooking.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 15, 2022, 02:41:16 PM
Really.  It takes experts years to make such a diagnosis not a "psychic " keyboard warrior.

Nah. The first sign of autism is the inability to pick up social signals, coupled with the refusal to accept that the subject is ever wrong.

Algerie Francais !