He She It or more?

Started by T00ts, February 13, 2022, 02:15:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 03:54:02 PM
When anyone proselytises at me I will respond in a way you and they may not like.
Don't worry Pappy, Jesus said to love one another - some of us try to obey that command and try to make up for those who don't.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 03:27:59 PM
Not when they proselytise at me.
I refer you to my previous response which clearly describes the choices on offer to you, which you clearly choose not to engage your brain with, preferring the "la,la,la I can't hear you", fingers in your ears, style of debating.

I think you are a little bit too long in the tooth to be choosing now to embrace your inner 7 year old. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 03:27:59 PM
Not when they proselytise at me.
No-one is forcing you to read these threads, you have the ultimate choice.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 02:42:04 PM
When someone proselytises at me I am left with no choice.
When someone says anything to you you always have a choice. You can for example repond constructively, explaiming why you think what you have just been told is misguided, wrong, or just plain nonsense in your view, politely explaining your reasoning. Or you can respond insultingly or in a deogatory way which is next to useless in terms of winning any argument. And tends to generate a lot more heat but a lot less light. Or you can choose just to ignore what has been said to you and move on. I am learning as the wisdom of years catches up with me, that if I cannot say anything worth saying, best to say nothing at all.

Of course my intended to be humorous request to be referred to as Sir Gut-Bucket is in no way a decisive contribution to this debate either, lol. But the occasional bit of humour here and there is harmless and tends to be largely non-antagonistic.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on February 14, 2022, 10:31:52 AM
You have nothing to say, but still continue to post. No wonder you are at the top of the forum posting numbers. So many are one liner bilge posts. Why don't you stay out of the spiritual section? You are just trolling it.
Smurf's likening of the bible to fairy tales is the sort of thing I have been guilty of saying in the past, but I try and avoid such terminology these days. It only annoys believers to no positive effect. It is perfectly possible to say you don't believe and give reasons why without showing contempt for someone's beliefs by making derogarory comparisons. Is this a case of getting wiser as I get older?

I would though support a non-believer's right to post in this section and have been known to do so myself a few times. Besides which, non-belief in the bible can take many forms which may not negate spirituality at all. Someone might believe in a religion other than Christianity, for example, or - as in my case - come to their own spiritual conclusions. Even people who think of themselves as rationalist often have spiritual aspects to their belief systems, for example acknowledging the possibility of some sort of God existing, or believing that ghosts exist as the spirits of dead people. Some who are not adherents of the bible or any other holy book, still manage to believe in all sorts of things, eg demons or guardian angels, the supposed ability of mediums to contact the dead, the existence of some sort of afterlife, and so on.

srb7677

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 08:46:33 AM
If the Daily Heil is your only source of information no wonder you are confused.
You have nothing to say, but still continue to post. No wonder you are at the top of the forum posting numbers. So many are one liner bilge posts. Why don't you stay out of the spiritual section? You are just trolling it. 
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on February 14, 2022, 10:14:10 AM
Fortunately Pappy there are the Scriptures that manage to sort it all out for those of us prepared to search. You should try it.
I stopped believing in fairy stories when I was aged three.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on February 14, 2022, 08:46:33 AM
If the Daily Heil is your only source of information no wonder you are confused.
Fortunately Pappy there are the Scriptures that manage to sort it all out for those of us prepared to search. You should try it. 

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on February 13, 2022, 08:39:27 PM
Well, may I most respectfully request that I be referred to as Sir Gut-Bucket from now on please?
Well Sir Gut-Bucket I can most certainly do that for you! Dancing

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on February 13, 2022, 04:14:47 PMhow someone is titled is their own personal choice
Well, may I most respectfully request that I be referred to as Sir Gut-Bucket from now on please?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on February 13, 2022, 03:26:44 PM
It's an anti-Christ secular attack. We are weak, but He is strong. Hang on to the Rock, which is what the doctor is doing.
He won't deny Christ, the Creator who made them all male and female.
Ok I have taken a little time to think it through and I think there are 2 issues for me. While I do believe that God decides our gender and in essence it is unchangeable, those experiencing these feelings should be treated with kindness, respect and Christian love. If as a Christian I were to find myself in this situation then I suspect Christian teachings would be to fight the inclination with all my being. In the light of that, if, as a doctor, I was expected to operate or medicate someone with their transgender wishes than I could not accommodate them. 
I also believe that at judgement advocacy might well be offered in terms of situations of physical or mental affects that might have brought about their feelings. Eg I read some time ago that certain plastics have been found to affect hormones, so it stands to reason that there are substances in the world that have affects on some of us that perhaps we are not yet aware. 
I feel sure that this will raise mayhem in the secular world but for now is where my sense and faith is taking me. So back to the OP - I still feel that as a Christian this particular Doctor is asking the impossible of a Secular Court to rule something which is Gospel related, but in any case how someone is titled is their own personal choice just as it is mine.

Barry

It's an anti-Christ secular attack. We are weak, but He is strong. Hang on to the Rock, which is what the doctor is doing.
He won't deny Christ, the Creator who made them all male and female. 
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on February 13, 2022, 03:02:01 PM
I think that doctor feels that if he refers to a 6 foot bearded man as she, he is betraying the truth.
Jesus said, "I am the Way the Truth and the Life". If we deny that, we deny Him.
If we deny Him, we are doomed.
Maybe the doctor prefers to be on the side of the Creator, than the side of secular demise.

And, yes, I definitely feel it, I rebel against the secular every day. But still I'm weak and need help!
Oh yes for sure I relate to weakness every day. I am not sure why you would say he would be denying Christ. We are all answerable directly to God for our actions so if it is a kindness towards another surely that's in line with Jesus' teaching? Having said that I am not sure how I would feel if I was a doctor asked to re-assign someone. There would be a lot of prayers there. I am not sure why I am suddenly rethinking all this, it's a bit unsettling.