Universal Credit explained

Started by srb7677, February 16, 2022, 07:43:36 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on February 17, 2022, 03:12:15 PM
In the old days I would throw batteries on bonfires, but these days they seem to be made of some non fun material that does not send flames into the stratosphere or do anything useful. Now I just put anything like that in a carrier bag and leave them in the bin outside Waitrose.
Capitalist running dog,what's wrong with Lidl?  :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2022, 12:55:34 PM
Despite the dire warnings about not carrying out Destroy-It-Yourself  one of my wife's kindles  died a few days ago and I used my spudger tools to split it apart and remove the dead lithium battery pack and ordered a new battery pack. The new battery pack  was delivered yesterday and using two spudger tools to connect the battery pack, it is now fully functional again. I am now left with the problem of where to legally dispose of the dead battery pack.

In the old days I would throw batteries on bonfires, but these days they seem to be made of some non fun material that does not send flames into the stratosphere or do anything useful. Now I just put anything like that in a carrier bag and leave them in the bin outside Waitrose.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on February 17, 2022, 12:46:52 PM
If labour get back in you won't be able to change a battery without a certificate ;D
Despite the dire warnings about not carrying out Destroy-It-Yourself  one of my wife's kindles  died a few days ago and I used my spudger tools to split it apart and remove the dead lithium battery pack and ordered a new battery pack. The new battery pack  was delivered yesterday and using two spudger tools to connect the battery pack, it is now fully functional again. I am now left with the problem of where to legally dispose of the dead battery pack.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on February 17, 2022, 12:46:52 PM
If labour get back in you won't be able to change a battery without a certificate ;D
At least you can afford the gas to go with the certificate with Labour. Under Sunaks loan you can expect a £40 increase on your bills next year.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 12:45:51 PM
Well let's try another angle. In those three warnings have the electricity stopped working. Nobody has as many windy days than me right now. Electricity yet to fail FYI.
Power cuts often happen in high winds here. 

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 10:57:57 AM
I haven't got a gas boiler, so every cloud. Once you fit in a shower you can basically get away with it if you don't mind electric heating. I say ditch the boiler and ditch the gas hike. And ditch the certificate whilst you're at it.
If labour get back in you won't be able to change a battery without a certificate ;D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2022, 12:42:13 PM
Amber warnings are quite common, three so far this year.
Well let's try another angle. In those three warnings have the electricity stopped working. Nobody has as many windy days than me right now. Electricity yet to fail FYI.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 12:39:22 PM
It can't be that common. The last red weather warning was 15 years ago apparently.
Amber warnings are quite common, three so far this year. 

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2022, 12:37:10 PM
It isn't once in a generation storm where I live. 80mph gusts of wind are quite common here.
It can't be that common. The last red weather warning in England was 15 years ago apparently.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 12:34:04 PM
A once in a generation storm is your excuse for electricity being unreliable? 
It isn't once in a generation storm where I live. 80mph gusts of wind are quite common here.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2022, 12:21:31 PM
Electricity can be unreliable here especially with the "go outside and you risk death," red warning that has just been issued.  The gas hob is also cheap to run.
A once in a generation storm is your excuse for electricity being unreliable? Surely it can't be that bad, you are on here more than most meaning your computer works. But in any case, bottled gas is more expensive than piped gas and I can assure you now an electric cooker is cheaper than your camping stove.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on February 17, 2022, 12:17:03 PM
Sorry, I have bottled gas as well. My point is why are you bothering. I have only needed to replace the bottle once since moving because it is literally used for one tap. Move everything to electric.
Electricity can be unreliable here especially with the "go outside and you risk death," red warning that has just been issued.  The gas hob is also cheap to run.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 17, 2022, 11:56:20 AM
What sort of spelling autocorrecter gives you a yacht in your kitchen. I'm impressed ..
No spelling correction needed it is a two ring gas hob usually fitted in a yacht. It has a smaller "footprint" than a normal domestic one.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on February 17, 2022, 11:45:06 AM
The gas is just a bottle gas supply to the gas hob from a yacht fitted in our kitchen. The change over valve needs to be moved 2 metres away from its current location and all the pipe work to the hob replacing. I have already done the blockwork to put the gas bottles behind, and with great difficult put the legally required copper earthing rod in place. (The latter was very difficult to do and involved my wife and I lifting rocks from the earth to get the required depth.)
Sorry, I have bottled gas as well. My point is why are you bothering. I have only needed to replace the bottle once since moving because it is literally used for one tap. Move everything to electric.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on February 17, 2022, 11:56:20 AM
What sort of spelling autocorrecter gives you a yacht in your kitchen. I'm impressed ..
Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing