Main Menu

Pancake day!

Started by T00ts, February 28, 2022, 09:57:10 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Oh what a lovely selection already. Now that presents a problem as I choose what to enjoy later today. 

Streetwalker

As a starter I go for crispy bacon and cheese   

As a Pudding it has to be  of course Maple syrup 

johnofgwent

Well, the sugar is a no-no these days so I must avoid them like the plague.

Which is a pity, because as a younger man and child I used to like them thin, slightly crispy at the edges, sugared,with lemon juice. 

I may have mentioned my only long distance holiday in 2014 when we went to Mexico. Knowing the hotel was one that cooked up breakfast for you my friend told me to ask for this utterly unpronounceable dish which was basically an omelette stuffed with all sorts of diced vegetable and pepper.

This was served up to me and I couldn't resist sticking a fork in it there and then... If you like mildly spicy red peppered stuff it was marvellous. I was about to go when this American woman whose waist was on a par with an underground tunnel standing next in line said "don't you want to put some sugar on that"...

"Why in god's name would I do that ?" I said "it'll ruin it"

I went back a few more times during our stay for one of these, and got a larger portion....!

Some of the medics I've encountered look at me and suggest cholesterol lowering pills.

Especially when they find out how many eggs I get through a week.

But the reality is my blood tests always come back with a number to die for. About a third of what most people my girth have.

Anyway, I'll leave you to your fry up.

Enjoy !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on February 28, 2022, 09:57:10 PM
I need some respite from war war war so - many years ago as a young married  I used to make pancakes every Sunday and my flat was full of friends who always managed to time their arrival for the weekly treat. I tried different fillings every week from the regular lemon/sugar, to chocolate/oranges and many others. So with the prospect of a Forum virtual pancake party tomorrow, how do you like your pancakes? Thick and manly? Wafer thin and delicate? Rolled or folded? What's the filling favourite?
Thin pancake,heart attack whipped double cream with chopped banana ,small orange segments,caramelised  pineapple pieces folded in with a drizzle of tia Maria.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I need some respite from war war war so - many years ago as a young married  I used to make pancakes every Sunday and my flat was full of friends who always managed to time their arrival for the weekly treat. I tried different fillings every week from the regular lemon/sugar, to chocolate/oranges and many others. So with the prospect of a Forum virtual pancake party tomorrow, how do you like your pancakes? Thick and manly? Wafer thin and delicate? Rolled or folded? What's the filling favourite?