Can Russia be stopped?

Started by T00ts, March 01, 2022, 09:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 10:17:49 AM
Well I have laid out why I cannot see the Russian side wanting to stop the Military Operation at this time
Why do you believe that they might?
Because it's not universally popular at home,the expected easy victory hasn't happened equipment losses and sanctions biting.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 14, 2022, 10:14:43 AM
Suddenly an expert on that as well then Goodold.

Doesn't need an expert . As you prove time and time again. 

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 14, 2022, 10:07:01 AM
Of course it's an assumption,so is your reply and a lot of posts on this and other subjects.
Well I have laid out why I cannot see the Russian side wanting to stop the Military Operation at this time
Why do you believe that they might?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on March 14, 2022, 10:13:03 AM
So the bully does his victim another big favour? As he agrees to discuss what it will take to stop him killing you..?
Putin, does however have a big problem. It's called costs. Financial we know, casualty and kit  lists, that if repeated over a duration will never be easy to  endure.
China, is obvious. If this is prolonged and he won't lose face, it's kit he will need and China , would be his work shop.

Suddenly an expert on that as well then Goodold. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on March 14, 2022, 10:02:55 AM
Number one, Vlad not being so crazy as the media would have us believe, is showing the Ukraine the best option is now the peace table after all the hype, secondly the Yanks are trying passing the buck over to the Chinese.

So the bully does his victim another big favour? As he agrees to discuss what it will take to stop him killing you..?
Putin, does however have a big problem. It's called costs. Financial we know, casualty and kit  lists, that if repeated over a duration will never be easy to  endure.
China, is obvious. If this is prolonged and he won't lose face, it's kit he will need and China , would be his work shop.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 09:15:19 AM
Thats quite an assumption on all levels.
What exactly is in it for Russia to accept a peace deal under current circumstances?
The West has now thrown every sanction they can think of on and past experience shows that they will not honour any agreement to remove them, once they have what they want.
The Russians have a large chunk of the territory they want already under their control and the largest part of the Ukrainian army encircled and under their guns.
I really don't see any incentive for Russia to talk about anything other, than what an eventual deal will look like, once it has achieved it current objectives.
It only still less than three weeks since they went in.
Of course it's an assumption,so is your reply and a lot of posts on this and other subjects.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on March 14, 2022, 09:15:19 AM
What exactly is in it for Russia to accept a peace deal under current circumstances?
The West has now thrown every sanction they can think of on and past experience shows that they will not honour any agreement to remove them, once they have what they want.
The Russians have a large chunk of the territory they want already under their control and the largest part of the Ukrainian army encircled and under their guns.
I really don't see any incentive for Russia to talk about anything other, than what an eventual deal will look like, once it has achieved it current objectives.
Number one, Vlad not being so crazy as the media would have us believe, is showing the Ukraine the best option is now the peace table after all the hype, secondly the Yanks are trying passing the buck over to the Chinese. Oh and he has stabilised the Rouble and will offer payment in Roubles, because that is like a two-finger salute over the IMF.

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on March 14, 2022, 07:09:05 AM
I think if Putin is pushing for peace now things aren't going to plan,hope for an end to hostilities and in the longer term president for life is no more.

From there some dialogue with Russia and it's people,a return to a Cold War isn't a good idea and they need guarantees that they are not threatened either.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on March 14, 2022, 08:18:56 AM
you are right sheep , but i tell you another thing.

Once the tory cost of living crises really starts kicking in , and folk are struggling to heat feed and fuels their families while these political muppets are virtue signalling about ukraine , i dont think its the russians or north koreans johnson will be worrying about.
But it's not a "Tory cost of living crisis"

Its a cost of living crisis. Labour won't do anything about it. Indeed they are more heavily inclined to push us further into it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

I think we need to start a thread on the tory cost of living crises , and when i get a chance i will.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on March 14, 2022, 08:07:16 AM
Short memories, remember when they were going to starve the North Koreans into submission the Chinese and Russians just found a way around supplying them anyway.
you are right sheep , but i tell you another thing.

Once the tory cost of living crises really starts kicking in , and folk are struggling to heat feed and fuels their families while these political muppets are virtue signalling about ukraine , i dont think its the russians or north koreans johnson will be worrying about.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on March 14, 2022, 08:03:09 AM
Not that I would class any of them as Britons anyway, but they certainly don't seem as vocal as they were. Maybe they realised they were barking up the wrong tree.
Starmer just looks foolish , as well as a inept chancer who falls over his own feet while trying to make political captial. Johnson is a complete muppet , and the fact starmer cannot take major advatange of him speaks volumes.

I think labour are two points ahead of the tories , so looking like a hung parliament at the minute with a long while to go though.

I think starmer is starting to realise the seriousness of the situation , and how the world is now starting to get the right hump with america , with 6.5 billion of the worlds 8 billion living in countries whose governments arent happy with biden and harris.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on March 14, 2022, 07:58:29 AM
Further to the above stories , the chinese are retaliating against america by claiming the yanks are spreading fake news.

BREAKING: China's foreign ministry says reports Russia asked for military equipment from China is 'disinformation' by the US

Dont know about removing vlad , i think someone  in the USA needs to have a long hard look at the american regime under biden and that clown harris. They are dragging us all to the brink of world war.
Short memories, remember when they were going to starve the North Koreans into submission the Chinese and Russians just found a way around supplying them anyway. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on March 14, 2022, 07:47:05 AM
You can buy britons in the labour party sheep , and the tories. 37 tories the russians bought , as well as starmers mate mandelson , brown and of course mr gardiner was bought by china.

Not that I would class any of them as Britons anyway, but they certainly don't seem as vocal as they were. Maybe they realised they were barking up the wrong tree.

Thomas

Further to the above stories , the chinese are retaliating against america by claiming the yanks are spreading fake news.

BREAKING: China's foreign ministry says reports Russia asked for military equipment from China is 'disinformation' by the US

Dont know about removing vlad , i think someone  in the USA needs to have a long hard look at the american regime under biden and that clown harris. They are dragging us all to the brink of world war.