Harry Potter and the toilet stone.

Started by cromwell, March 12, 2022, 03:07:57 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on March 12, 2022, 07:05:39 PM
I was never a great favourite of Tolkien. I would stumble to the end of his stuff and my children would cry, read it again daddy!
And I would think read it again? I can barely lift the bloody things. And the movies were no better. I couldn't tell one beardie from another
Philistine. :P
QuoteAnd that is where Rowlings wins because she introduced literally tens of millions of children to not just the magic of books, but actually encouraged many of them to learn to read.

Cobblers the hobbit was the book to get kids reading
QuoteI am on Rowlings side on many things, but not this one. The way I look at it trans have enough problems without wondering where to go if they are took

What's wrong with using the disabled?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 12, 2022, 03:07:57 PM
Well it's all kicked off as Mr Punch goes full tilt for self identification,presumably stones will be introduced in to ladies bogs by law so anyone in transit can still feel comfortable having a pee.

I'm old fashioned and don't like unisex bogs not comfortable for me  or I suspect many women but as far as I'm concerned identify as whatever you like but use the disabled bogs.

I never cared much for Rowlings books not a patch on Tolkien but is she being given some stick unfairly imo for her views.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10605735/JK-Rowling-slams-Keir-Starmer-Labour-leader-says-trans-women-women.html

I was never a great favourite of Tolkien. I would stumble to the end of his stuff and my children would cry, read it again daddy!
And I would think read it again? I can barely lift the bloody things. And the movies were no better. I couldn't tell one beardie from another
And that is where Rowlings wins because she introduced literally tens of millions of children to not just the magic of books, but actually encouraged many of them to learn to read.
I am on Rowlings side on many things, but not this one. The way I look at it trans have enough problems without wondering where to go if they are took short
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I make you right cromwell , those who cant make their minds up and those that have in conflict with whats between their legs can use the dissabled bogs and that really should be the end of it . 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on March 12, 2022, 03:07:57 PM
Well it's all kicked off as Mr Punch goes full tilt for self identification,presumably stones will be introduced in to ladies bogs by law so anyone in transit can still feel comfortable having a pee.

I'm old fashioned and don't like unisex bogs not comfortable for me  or I suspect many women but as far as I'm concerned identify as whatever you like but use the disabled bogs.

I never cared much for Rowlings books not a patch on Tolkien but is she being given some stick unfairly imo for her views.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10605735/JK-Rowling-slams-Keir-Starmer-Labour-leader-says-trans-women-women.html
I haven't yet come across unisex loos but cannot imagine being forced to walk past strangers using urinals to reach my 'safe' space. Once again it's women who draw the short straw. Although it's possible that many men would be feeling just as uncomfortable. As for JKR she deserves a medal - too many of us think it simply won't happen on our doorstep so just let it pass. I was watching pottery throw down last night and couldn't get my head around who they kept calling 'they and them'. It was one person who actually won. A pleasant enough person who to me looked female but it was very confusing. It felt like they thought 'she' had a split personality.

cromwell

I'm old fashioned and don't like unisex bogs not comfortable for me  or I suspect many women but as far as I'm concerned identify as whatever you like but use the disabled bogs.

I never cared much for Rowlings books not a patch on Tolkien but is she being given some stick unfairly imo for her views.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?