What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Even Pro Ukrainian accounts are circulating images of the debris and identifying them as Ukrainian Anti Air Missiles, which does make more sense. What goes up must come down afterall.
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1592629251161075712

It has been a heavy attack which has gone after not only the Energy Network, but which has started also to target senior Command and Control Centers.
To me this looks like the real opening preparation for the upcoming Russian Winter Offensive, given that within the next 48 hours the temperature in the Ukraine plummets below zero and is expected to stay there!

I also think that the Bridges over the Dnieper will become targets over the next few days.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 15, 2022, 10:02:44 PM
Initial reports are indicating it could be a Ukraine air defence missle . Which would probably be everyones best hope .

The consequenses of a Russian missle strike ,accidental or not on  a NATO country takes this conflict to a different level
Which no one wants.

Hopefully some sort of white wash job will be done.

No one likes Putin, but no one wants WWIII either
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on November 12, 2022, 12:52:25 PM
Surely that has to be a judgement when it's over — isn't Dunkirk still celebrated...?
As what ? 

As a rescue mission, it deserves to be.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 12, 2022, 12:15:07 PM
I'm sure a few long range rockets will soon put a dampener on their celebrations
Bump

look, I take no pleasure in deja vu ...

I do wonder what the 'it was the yanks / brits who blew up nordstream' are going to try to persuade me was really behind the latest strikes on Poland.

a seriously pissed off yank might use it as an excuse though. I'm going to love hearing what the 'don't use it as an excuse to put him down' merchants are going to say...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 09:50:23 PM
Apparently, a grain store in Poland was hit. Personally I don't think that was an accident.
Initial reports are indicating it could be a Ukraine air defence missle . Which would probably be everyones best hope . 

The consequenses of a Russian missle strike ,accidental or not on  a NATO country takes this conflict to a different level 

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 15, 2022, 09:47:55 PM
War and accidents are not a good mix
Apparently, a grain store in Poland was hit. Personally I don't think that was an accident.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2022, 08:08:34 PM
Reports are of 100 cruise missiles fired at Ukraine today. 2 missiles hit Poland and two people were killed there.
This may be the attack on a NATO country which could invoke article 5, setting the stage for a much wider conflict.
Sounds like a few fragments of a missle struck the people who were close to the border . Im sure this will be forensically investigated before anything else happens . 

After the latest bombardment both Estonia and the Czech republic governments have  declared the Russian regime as Terrorists .  

Barry

Reports are of 100 cruise missiles fired at Ukraine today. 2 missiles hit Poland and two people were killed there.
This may be the attack on a NATO country which could invoke article 5, setting the stage for a much wider conflict. 
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2022, 12:33:35 PM
So the victorious Russians successfully retreated to avoid encirclement?

I cannot recall any wars ever being won by successful retreats. lol
They must have bought some French tanks by mistake, 1 forward and 5 reverse gears. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 12, 2022, 12:15:07 PM
I'm sure a few long range rockets will soon put a dampener on their celebrations
Or a tactical nuke.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

Quote from: patman post on November 12, 2022, 12:52:25 PM
Surely that has to be a judgement when it's over — isn't Dunkirk still celebrated...?
Or for that matter El-Alamein

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2022, 12:33:35 PM

Surely that has to be a judgement when it's over — isn't Dunkirk still celebrated...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 12, 2022, 09:47:58 AM
What lovely joyous pictures on the news of Ukrainians who have just been freed from the Russian invasion - long may it last.