What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 22, 2024, 06:42:32 AM
Ukraine now striking deep into the Russian north in Murmansk with drone warfare: https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/2024/08/murmansk-under-drone-attack

Not the first time either
Excellent, let's hope a few get through. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

Ukraine now striking deep into the Russian north in Murmansk with drone warfare: https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/2024/08/murmansk-under-drone-attack

Not the first time either
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2024, 08:13:55 PM
If I may interject — from my three visits to Russia, it's my view that there is only one information source supplying the news media there, which is why the TV, radio, and newspapers (in English and Russian, which I can speak and read a little), carry the same information and toe the same party line.

In the West, the news media interprets, debates, and offers interpretations of state actions and government announcements — a useful aid to understanding, not available in Russia (or China).

I admit that in the UK, much (if not the majority) of the printed news media acts like client journalism of the Right, but they don't have it all their own way — pol-tics.com is an example of what would not be allowed there, unless for some undercover reason (like flushing out dissidents)...
That's a recent development in Russia, there used to be a lot of different media sources there, much more than one info source supplying news media there. And even recently some of the Russian media sources have prominently disagreed with each other and even at times not toed the govt line. That's not to say they won't be imprisoned or shut down if they too vehemently disagree with the govt because they will in the current climate.
+++

Nick

If I may interject — from my three visits to Russia, it's my view that there is only one information source supplying the news media there, which is why the TV, radio, and newspapers (in English and Russian, which I can speak and read a little), carry the same information and toe the same party line.

In the West, the news media interprets, debates, and offers interpretations of state actions and government announcements — a useful aid to understanding, not available in Russia (or China).

I admit that in the UK, much (if not the majority) of the printed news media acts like client journalism of the Right, but they don't have it all their own way — pol-tics.com is an example of what would not be allowed there, unless for some undercover reason (like flushing out dissidents)...
You intermate that the news comes from one source, but what's that source? I too speak a little English also. 

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 20, 2024, 01:17:46 PM
Interjection is always welcome.  It's what debate is all about.  😉

Western corporate media, as Noam Chomsky points out, frames the debate to exclude things they don't want you to hear.  The anti-lockdown protests were the perfect example.  99% to 100% of the corporate media were biased in favour of vaccines, and therefore omitted the protests which included criticism of vaccines.  That is called propaganda by omission.  None of the media told us about the clinical trials.  They or their shareholders or owners were heavily sponsored or funded by big pharma, or have financial interests in Bill Gates.

There are no genuine debates about climate change.  There should be tons of them.  Where are they?

The Russian media may have promoted their own vaccines, but not ours, so they had no objection to covering the protests.
Debates about climate change from which angle? Questioning why the media is scared of a 22 year old that has no clue about how climate works? That kind of debate?

Scott777

Interjection is always welcome.  It's what debate is all about.  😉

Western corporate media, as Noam Chomsky points out, frames the debate to exclude things they don't want you to hear.  The anti-lockdown protests were the perfect example.  99% to 100% of the corporate media were biased in favour of vaccines, and therefore omitted the protests which included criticism of vaccines.  That is called propaganda by omission.  None of the media told us about the clinical trials.  They or their shareholders or owners were heavily sponsored or funded by big pharma, or have financial interests in Bill Gates.

There are no genuine debates about climate change.  There should be tons of them.  Where are they?

The Russian media may have promoted their own vaccines, but not ours, so they had no objection to covering the protests.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2024, 07:36:54 PM
Which protests did they cover, and no one wants to get rid of Russia.

Lots of the anti-lockdown protests.  For example, the 2nd one on 9th May 2020.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on August 19, 2024, 12:55:57 PM
You're missing the point.  There as much propaganda and lies from our legacy media.  The best antidote to that is to watch alternative media.  Sometimes it helps.  Not always.

I've been to England (cos I live here 😁) and know much more about that than you know about Russia.  So what makes you think our media is better?  How can you know this?
If I may interject — from my three visits to Russia, it's my view that there is only one information source supplying the news media there, which is why the TV, radio, and newspapers (in English and Russian, which I can speak and read a little), carry the same information and toe the same party line.

In the West, the news media interprets, debates, and offers interpretations of state actions and government announcements — a useful aid to understanding, not available in Russia (or China).

I admit that in the UK, much (if not the majority) of the printed news media acts like client journalism of the Right, but they don't have it all their own way — pol-tics.com is an example of what would not be allowed there, unless for some undercover reason (like flushing out dissidents)...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 19, 2024, 06:22:34 PM
Still missing the point, Nick.  It doesn't matter how much Russian propaganda there is, it isn't all propaganda.  As I have said, they covered protests which our media did not.  That's a factual example.  The fact that all our media either omitted it, or distorted the facts, tells me that the establishment didn't want the truth to be known, while the Russian media did.  That is one reason they want to get rid of Russia.
Which protests did they cover, and no one wants to get rid of Russia. 

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2024, 01:42:08 PM
If virtually every media outlet in the world releases the same story except Russia, it is pretty evident who is lying, and it's ALWAYS russia. Everything in Russia is corrupt and based on lies, I am told this by Russians all the time, and I'll give you 2 examples.

I once required a small pneumatic part for a machine, it was about $3, I said I would get it on my way back to the hotel. The engineer I was working with said it had to go through him, his manager said the same, and the factory manager said the same. By the time this had all gone on and I got the part it cost about $1000. And anyone that knows Russia knows most money exchanges hands under the table.

And another. On every piece of automation equipment there is a test button that illuminates all the lamps on the panel, I was asked by the factory manager to link out the button on the panel so as to illuminate the run lamp so they could take a photo to show the factory owner that the line was running.

This level of lies and corruption runs throughout the whole of Russian society, from the Kremlin down, I watched on TV as the Russian army was filmed blowing up Ukraine tanks, they were actually Russian tanks that Ukraine had already hit with drones. This propaganda is fed to the people on TV constantly, that's why they have state media channels, but you keep believing it.

Still missing the point, Nick.  It doesn't matter how much Russian propaganda there is, it isn't all propaganda.  As I have said, they covered protests which our media did not.  That's a factual example.  The fact that all our media either omitted it, or distorted the facts, tells me that the establishment didn't want the truth to be known, while the Russian media did.  That is one reason they want to get rid of Russia.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 19, 2024, 12:55:57 PM
You're missing the point.  There as much propaganda and lies from our legacy media.  The best antidote to that is to watch alternative media.  Sometimes it helps.  Not always.

I've been to England (cos I live here 😁) and know much more about that than you know about Russia.  So what makes you think our media is better?  How can you know this?
If virtually every media outlet in the world releases the same story except Russia, it is pretty evident who is lying, and it's ALWAYS russia. Everything in Russia is corrupt and based on lies, I am told this by Russians all the time, and I'll give you 2 examples. 

I once required a small pneumatic part for a machine, it was about $3, I said I would get it on my way back to the hotel. The engineer I was working with said it had to go through him, his manager said the same, and the factory manager said the same. By the time this had all gone on and I got the part it cost about $1000. And anyone that knows Russia knows most money exchanges hands under the table. 

And another. On every piece of automation equipment there is a test button that illuminates all the lamps on the panel, I was asked by the factory manager to link out the button on the panel so as to illuminate the run lamp so they could take a photo to show the factory owner that the line was running. 

This level of lies and corruption runs throughout the whole of Russian society, from the Kremlin down, I watched on TV as the Russian army was filmed blowing up Ukraine tanks, they were actually Russian tanks that Ukraine had already hit with drones. This propaganda is fed to the people on TV constantly, that's why they have state media channels, but you keep believing it. 

Scott777

Quote from: Borg Refinery on August 18, 2024, 10:25:26 PM
On second thoughts, maybe you shouldn't answer that :D We might have Russian agents on here
я так не думаю  🤣

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 07:19:15 PM
The only thing you know about Russia is what you read, I on the other hand have been there at least 20 times, the last time was Feb / March 2023: for which I provided proof.
Russia is a complete propaganda lying machine, and nothing that comes from the Kremlin is reliable. I would love to know how you know the Russian media posts the truth, other than that's what you want to believe.

You're missing the point.  There as much propaganda and lies from our legacy media.  The best antidote to that is to watch alternative media.  Sometimes it helps.  Not always.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2024, 07:10:53 PM
How do you know it was live?

Because thousands went to many protests and saw RT and Ruptly filming them, while others watched live.  I sometimes watched the livestreams after attending the protests.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on August 18, 2024, 06:29:06 PM
Quite easily, staged. (Plenty of it on YouTube.)

Staged by the Russian's?  A bona fide conspiracy theory, with no evidence whatsoever.  And still irrelevant, because what matters is that hundreds of thousands of people protested, and the legacy media failed to show it.