What is really happening in the Ukraine Conflict?

Started by Sampanviking, March 18, 2022, 01:00:53 AM

« previous - next »

Sampanviking

Well I am intrigued.

How do you see it that is so different?

Borg Refinery

+++

Borg Refinery

+++

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 25, 2024, 08:06:40 PMAre you saying they haven't advanced towards Belgorod and Belgorod didn't declare a state of emergency?

Didn't they partially take it in 2023 as well with Russian volunteer groups that joined the Ukie side?

But I suppose you're correct, when I say Belgorod I should say parts of Belgorod Oblast rather than Belgorod itself, they've taken plenty of Kursk though......

The Belgorod incursion was little more than a border raid and ended after about a week, with the so called Free Russian forces" suffering a very bloody nose and being forced to completely withdraw.
Kursk is a debacle for the Ukraine. It had its media victory in the first few days, but it was quickly contained without any of the real strategic objectives being achieved and now they find themselves with a large number of their best troops and Western supplied weapons, pretty much encircled by a Russian counter attack that has swept in from the West of the salient along the border.

Meanwhile along the main line of contact, the Russians are activating more and more fronts and advancing on all of them.

Borg Refinery

Are you saying they haven't advanced towards Belgorod and Belgorod didn't declare a state of emergency?

Didn't they partially take it in 2023 as well with Russian volunteer groups that joined the Ukie side?

But I suppose you're correct, when I say Belgorod I should say parts of Belgorod Oblast rather than Belgorod itself, they've taken plenty of Kursk though......
+++

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 23, 2024, 10:23:15 PM
Not sure they're going to manage to retake Belgorod with those Mad Max guys, they've been fond of hard biker lads with guns for a while in Russia. I'm not sure that's going to win them the war against sophisticated Western tech being flooded into Ukraine.

It's just a pity so many have to die for both NATO and the wonderful Putin and United Russia and oligarchs
Belgorod??!!

Borg Refinery

Not sure they're going to manage to retake Belgorod with those Mad Max guys, they've been fond of hard biker lads with guns for a while in Russia. I'm not sure that's going to win them the war against sophisticated Western tech being flooded into Ukraine.

It's just a pity so many have to die for both NATO and the wonderful Putin and United Russia and oligarchs
+++

Sampanviking

The Evolution of warfare is as fascinating as it is brutal and this war has shown the harsh reality of the modern battlefield in a way not seen since the Trenches of WW1. The route cause is the same; powers lulled into a false sense of security by decades of colonial adventures and wholly unprepared for the new reality of when peer powers clash.

The lad that runs the History Legends channel, is a Military Historian and despite his youth, has many insights into the development of tactics under the total supervision and targeting battlefield of the 21st Century.

This video deals with the evolution of the "Mad Max" motorcycle storm troopers. Its a very good watch.

How Russian Motorbike Squads Changed Battlefield Tactics in Ukraine (youtube.com)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 18, 2024, 04:48:22 PM
This has to be a bit of a blow to Russia.

. . .

That is a bloody massive bang.

The hilarious bit is the governor solemnly announcing the air defence network successfully intercepted the drones but some debris started some fires whilst ammunition audibly cooks off in the background.
So sad (not) 

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 18, 2024, 04:50:32 PM
Are you saying he didn't run away? Seems like a scary cat thing to do. There weren't even any CIA tanks heading to the capital or CIA paratroopers trying to take over the nearby airfield.

No, he ran away cos the dum dum caused a revolution which made him run away.  That's what I would do if I wanted my country closer to Russia.  I would shoot people, start a revolution, run away, leave Ukraine to get a government that wants to be an EU member.  That's how to make it closer to Russia, by being in the EU.  FFS.  🤣
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on September 17, 2024, 06:04:54 PM
Yes, I agree, using snipers on peaceful protesters who had no intention of doing anything, was really really dumb.  He was just dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.  Even though he ran away because he knew he was going to jail.  So knowing he was going to jail, he shoots people just for a bit of old fun, then runs away like a scaredy cat.  Yes, that's it.  Even though no one has any evidence that the snipers were his snipers, they definitely were, cos he is dumb dumb dumb, and would do that, and it's just a coincidence that the people Victoria Nuland said should govern Ukraine just happened to end up governing Ukraine after VY ran away, so isn't she lucky lucky lucky that VY is such a scaredy cat.  🐱
Are you saying he didn't run away? Seems like a scary cat thing to do. There weren't even any CIA tanks heading to the capital or CIA paratroopers trying to take over the nearby airfield. 

BeElBeeBub

This has to be a bit of a blow to Russia. 

https://youtu.be/-qnDqasq7i0

That is a bloody massive bang. 

The hilarious bit is the governor solemnly announcing the air defence network successfully intercepted the drones but some debris started some fires whilst ammunition audibly cooks off in the background. 

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 05:53:18 PM
Yanukovich knew the pro EU alliance demonstrations had massive popular support.  He was dumb enough to seek to intimidate them into going away by using snipers.  And he ran away because he knew he'd lost the support of his party ( a reminder the vote was 328:0) and his large scale embezzlements were going to be discovered and he'd quickly be looking at a long time in jail.
Yes, I agree, using snipers on peaceful protesters who had no intention of doing anything, was really really dumb.  He was just dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.  Even though he ran away because he knew he was going to jail.  So knowing he was going to jail, he shoots people just for a bit of old fun, then runs away like a scaredy cat.  Yes, that's it.  Even though no one has any evidence that the snipers were his snipers, they definitely were, cos he is dumb dumb dumb, and would do that, and it's just a coincidence that the people Victoria Nuland said should govern Ukraine just happened to end up governing Ukraine after VY ran away, so isn't she lucky lucky lucky that VY is such a scaredy cat.  🐱
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on September 17, 2024, 12:59:48 PM
No, of course not, it was just protesters having a picnic, and police decided to shoot them and then the president fled, and the government was replaced, because none of the picnickers offered them a sandwich.
As others have said, grow up

Yanukovich knew the pro EU alliance demonstrations had massive popular support.  He was dumb enough to seek to intimidate them into going away by using snipers.  And he ran away because he knew he'd lost the support of his party ( a reminder the vote was 328:0) and his large scale embezzlements were going to be discovered and he'd quickly be looking at a long time in jail.