Main Menu

Woke generation?

Started by Sheepy, March 20, 2022, 11:56:01 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on March 22, 2022, 02:32:50 PM
https://twitter.com/LabelFreeBrands/status/1505688514104799232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1505688514104799232%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
I had to look the individuals name up on the interwebthingy

I have severe problems with the terminology and you can blame my scientific upbringing. The only scientifically accurate usage if the terms cis and trans are as per the attached ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on March 21, 2022, 02:05:53 PM
My father was inclined to say that the thing about us kids was that we thought we knew everything and and in fact knew sod all.

He has been dead for 40 years but after children and grandchildren, I tend to think that the old fella had a point
Well, yes. But don't be too hard on yourself. You do make sense sometimes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on March 21, 2022, 08:48:08 AM
I don't know whether they're all woke or not,snowflakes too....different to our generation in some ways certainly.

But my generation was different too,scruffy buggers with their beatle haircuts,long hair should get their hair cut,bring back national service and the birch don't know they're born later there were punks all now getting old.

They made the generation we were and us the later,is it all a mess  perhaps and they blame us don't they Greta?

DD in another post and different thread said many now have never even been in a  legion club or known loss or conflict and judge by high moral standards.

No I only remember as a kid bomb sites and not just the legion but naval and raf clubs,the old before his time bloke in our road who'd been a prisoner of war in a Japanese camp,never smiled hardly spoke to a soul and whatever time of night you were up or coming in his light was always on.

But we should remember we judged previous generations by our standards and they now us,we as we become older are increasingly irrelevant,we chunter on here but it is their time for good or ill  to make their own mistakes or progress for the better.

Do I like all I see? no but a bit late in life to do too much about it now.

My father was inclined to say that the thing about us kids was that we thought we knew everything and and in fact knew sod all.

He has been dead for 40 years but after children and grandchildren, I tend to think that the old fella had a point
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 20, 2022, 09:11:11 PM
As my old pal down the club says to the young folk , My generation had Wonder Woman , your generation has wonder if it is a woman

:):)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

I don't know whether they're all woke or not,snowflakes too....different to our generation in some ways certainly.

But my generation was different too,scruffy buggers with their beatle haircuts,long hair should get their hair cut,bring back national service and the birch don't know they're born later there were punks all now getting old.

They made the generation we were and us the later,is it all a mess  perhaps and they blame us don't they Greta?

DD in another post and different thread said many now have never even been in a  legion club or known loss or conflict and judge by high moral standards.

No I only remember as a kid bomb sites and not just the legion but naval and raf clubs,the old before his time bloke in our road who'd been a prisoner of war in a Japanese camp,never smiled hardly spoke to a soul and whatever time of night you were up or coming in his light was always on.

But we should remember we judged previous generations by our standards and they now us,we as we become older are increasingly irrelevant,we chunter on here but it is their time for good or ill  to make their own mistakes or progress for the better.

Do I like all I see? no but a bit late in life to do too much about it now.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 20, 2022, 09:11:11 PM
As my old pal down the club says to the young folk , My generation had Wonder Woman , your generation has wonder if it is a woman
Dancing Dancing 

Streetwalker

As my old pal down the club says to the young folk , My generation had Wonder Woman , your generation has wonder if it is a woman 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on March 20, 2022, 12:57:02 PM
Well let me apologise because I didn't realise Boycey was your real name but was a parody of a character from only fools and horses. On the other hand, my point about brainwashing kids seems a little far-fetched as the Globalists wouldn't do that would they?

My name is actually pronounced "Be nothing why see". It is spelt like Boycey to make an acronym. As for brainwashing kids, I wouldn't say that is correct. A child has a lot of understanding of who they are at a young age. There isn't anyone pushing gender corrective surgery on a child, the child would go to the doctors and have psychiatric tests before they have the surgery. But understand that doesn't mean I support it. Surgery comes with a lot of health risks. The child doesn't have the maturity to understand that. The same way a teenager does stupid shit despite their parents advice and only when they get older do they become their parents as you might say. I have read many stories of people regretting such a choice and this choice isn't reversible. So as I said, I do not support children having this surgery. But at the same time if adults want it, then fine. Whatever. And I will call you Sheila if you want. But don't ask me to support you entering the Olympics weightlifting event. The reason we have sex in sports is to make competition fair. Allowing everyone into these events is missing the point of why we created such an event to begin with.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on March 20, 2022, 12:46:37 PM
You shouldn't attach my name on a topic I have yet to write about on here and as such you shouldn't assume anything. I don't agree a child under 18 has the maturity to have gender correction surgery and as such why would I agree to this? On the topic on the whole, I do believe people should have the right to do what they like with their body and people should accommodate that to some extent like using a chosen pronoun, but at the same time I don't think we should change everything to keep such and such a person happy. That is to say we should accept that biology exists and the idea of women in sports and a man without corrective surgery can enter a womens only toilet is f**king insane to me.
Mod Notice.

Title edited!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on March 20, 2022, 12:46:37 PM
You shouldn't attach my name on a topic I have yet to write about on here and as such you shouldn't assume anything. I don't agree a child under 18 has the maturity to have gender correction surgery and as such why would I agree to this? On the topic on the whole, I do believe people should have the right to do what they like with their body and people should accommodate that to some extent like using a chosen pronoun, but at the same time I don't think we should change everything to keep such and such a person happy. That is to say we should accept that biology exists and the idea of women in sports and a man without corrective surgery can enter a womens only toilet is f**king insane to me.
Well let me apologise because I didn't realise Boycey was your real name but was a parody of a character from only fools and horses. On the other hand, my point about brainwashing kids seems a little far-fetched as the Globalists wouldn't do that would they? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on March 20, 2022, 11:56:01 AM
Gender swap NHS waiting list for children now stands at 5,500 | Daily Mail Online
I dunno Boycey brainwashing kids don't seem such a good idea.

You shouldn't attach my name on a topic I have yet to write about on here and as such you shouldn't assume anything. I don't agree a child under 18 has the maturity to have gender correction surgery and as such why would I agree to this? On the topic on the whole, I do believe people should have the right to do what they like with their body and people should accommodate that to some extent like using a chosen pronoun, but at the same time I don't think we should change everything to keep such and such a person happy. That is to say we should accept that biology exists and the idea of women in sports and a man without corrective surgery can enter a womens only toilet is fucking insane to me.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!