Is the the end of Boeing?

Started by B0ycey, March 21, 2022, 09:54:56 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on March 21, 2022, 08:32:09 PM
The reports say it's a 737-800.

As you say, air crashes are rare and, of those that happen, a fair percentage are deliberate or human error.

Airbus has had icing problems...
Rare for anyone but Boeing you mean. Well, ok for Boeing as well. But in any case, the way the planes are falling out the sky is not normal. That is now three planes doing a nose dive. Clearly this can't be due to MCAS given I am led to believe such a system isn't on this model (but you can never tell with Boeing), but that doesn't rule out malfunction due to neglect. I am only going by a documentary here, but workers did say that planes were going to drop out of the sky due to shoddy safety measures within it. But maybe it was something else. There is an investigation going on and if I was a Boeing shareholder I will be preying for anything but mechanical failure right now. Because if it is mechanical failure due to neglect, not only will Boeing be grounded globally, the Chinese will do a forensic examination on all 737s to see just how shoddy their planes actually are and that could ruin the companies image and may even lead to their plane not entering Chinese airspace at all. The Chinese are taking this crash seriously from what I have read.

patman post

The reports say it's a 737-800. 

As you say, air crashes are rare and, of those that happen, a fair percentage are deliberate or human error.

Airbus has had icing problems...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Terrible seens in China today. Hopefully we can find some survivors. But in any case this yet another incident involving Boeing. I don't know how many on here know the story behind the 737 Max, but Boeing created software to prevent a design flaw due to not opting for redesign so to save money and ultimately these planes did a nose drive and killed everyone when a single sensor was defected. The first thing I did when I heard the story was to find out if it was a 737 Max. I don't believe it is, but that doesn't mean that is the end of this story. Planes dropping out of the sky are rare. And I mean really rare. When the Max scandal was apparent, the fleet was grounded for two years. I watched a documentary called Downfall the other day in which they gave you the insite of the story. And the verdict, capitalism failed the company and safety was compromised for profits. Another thing I remember about the story was former employees talking about planes falling out of the sky soon because defected parts were being used that had a high probability of failure after ten years. I don't know whether these stories are correct nor will I say without confirmation that is what happened in this incident. But what I can tell you is that if defected parts were being used on this plane and it crashed because of it, Boeing are f**ked because the world are going to ground them alll and I don't think anyone will want to buy more of them any time soon. Who here has shares in Airbus?