I think I will vote Tory this time

Started by Borchester, March 31, 2022, 02:39:53 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on March 31, 2022, 11:21:02 AM
sure, but im thinking of the political long game myself. The tories carry on making life in the yookay shite for scotland , you arent bothered about the cost of living increase under conservatism and carry on voting for the blonde lardarse , so we both seem to be on a winner except labour .

can't complain myself.

Once susan aitken pulls down a few more statues in glesga  to those nasty slave traders , i will be proposing a statue to tubby boris for his services to scottish nationalism.

The vast indifference to the plight of the young is the hallmark of every tory government of my lifetime and their voting base , long may it continue.

You could be right Tommy, although I am inclined to think that the vast indifference to reality has been the hallmark of most of the media of my life time.

According to the BBC...

While this is a different set of elections in different parts of the country from last year, it will still be the first widespread test for Boris Johnson since the war in Ukraine, the spiralling cost of living and the so-called partygate saga. The latter has not yet been resolved; an outcome from the Met Police's investigation is still pending, and if it comes before polling day it could clearly have an impact, one way or another.

But for now at least, some Tories think it has been overtaken by the conflict in Ukraine, and some believe it is the cost of living that could now prove far more challenging on the doorstep...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60840043

All of which sounds total bollocks to me. As said before, the big issue in my part of the world is restoring the weekly bin collection. As to the Ukraine, that is somewhere outside the M25 isn't it?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2022, 11:06:59 AM
Dunno Tommy.

The government pays me to stay alive, so I am not that bothered by the cost of living. And there is always a cost of living crisis, so unless famine stalks the land and Ian Bigbum stops occupying all the SNP's seats in Parliament, I can't see it making a lot of odds to me.
sure, but im thinking of the political long game myself. The tories carry on making life in the yookay shite for scotland , you arent bothered about the cost of living increase under conservatism and carry on voting for the blonde lardarse , so we both seem to be on a winner except labour .

Cant complain myself.

Once susan aitken pulls down a few more statues in glesga  to those nasty slave traders , i will be proposing a statue to tubby boris for his services to scottish nationalism.

The vast indifference to the plight of the young is the hallmark of every tory government of my lifetime and their voting base , long may it continue.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on March 31, 2022, 07:27:17 AM
Cost of living crises is going to be a big problem for the anglo conservatives i would think. Oppsite that is rear charmers clear ineptitude and his parties dismal performance.

All over the scottish papers this morning about boris calling the lard of the isles fatty when asked about the cost of living crises , so clearly the pressure is mounting on bojo.

The plebs will take a lot of things , but when a government starts hitting them hard in he pocket , it normally spells deep trouble .

Dunno Tommy.

The government pays me to stay alive, so I am not that bothered by the cost of living. And there is always a cost of living crisis, so unless famine stalks the land and Ian Bigbum stops occupying all the SNP's seats in Parliament, I can't see it making a lot of odds to me.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 31, 2022, 09:41:13 AM
Thats the trouble with Tories , they say everything you want to hear before they leave you for dead .  The trouble is the alternative is a slow ride in a handcart to hell .  Not much difference in the end I suppose but at least the tories give you a few moments of cheer .

As I have probably said before, politics always reminds me of a walk down the Reeperbahn in Hamburg. There are tall whores and short whores, fat whores and thin whores, white whores and black whores and all other sorts of whores. But whatever happens, you will most likely end up fucked. So this time I will try another whore.

That said, the big issue is the restoration of the weekly bin collection, so not a lot to make a fuss about. It is a bit like pumpkins. I don't like them but I always grow them because, well, that is what you do in the autumn. Same for elections. I have a vote so use it, but it is not as the world will stop turning if I don't.

Although you never know...:)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2022, 02:39:53 AM
The local elections are due in five weeks and I usually vote Labour, but maybe it is time to change my butcher.

The conservative candidate has promised to improve services and reduce the poll tax, which sounds as likely as the Thames turning into a river of beer. And there aren't that many services that need improving. Nor is the poll tax insupportable.

Still, it will be fun seeing the lass try.

:):)
Thats the trouble with Tories , they say everything you want to hear before they leave you for dead .  The trouble is the alternative is a slow ride in a handcart to hell .  Not much difference in the end I suppose but at least the tories give you a few moments of cheer .

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 31, 2022, 07:12:10 AM

Ironically, the Labour council established a "policy" whereby they refused to recognise  anyone not affiliated to a party in the council chamber as being allowed to speak

Sounds like something out of the EU playbook . 

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on March 31, 2022, 07:12:10 AM
My problem is bribery.

The leader of the welsh tories happily gave the pakistani welsh nationalist assembly member mohammed asghar's wife and daughter publicly funded jobs in the welsh assembly when he demanded it from plaid's leader as the price of staying a cottage bomber. Plaid's leader was too ethical and refused, so the snake oil salesman resigned the whip and took the tory offer to hand him that if he became a tory.

The local shouty bastard activist who is standing as their Tw** this time was quite pally with said corrupt scumbag.

I think we've got an independent and i shall vote for them.

Ironically, the Labour council established a "policy" whereby they refused to recognise  anyone not affiliated to a party in the council chamber as being allowed to speak, as a direct result of two labour councillors resigning the whip over local bus service cutbacks (we are the last council in the uk to actually own the bus company) and in direct retaliation the two guys got a lawyer friend to establish a local political party called the Newport Independent Councillors Party (only in wales under labour could this happen. I will vote for their man

Apparently in Bridgend the Tories recently found voting for their "man" got them something quite different. But that is a diatribe for another time. May your pavements be paved with gold. They'll have to be if you want to eat.
Cost of living crises is going to be a big problem for the anglo conservatives i would think. Oppsite that is rear charmers clear ineptitude and his parties dismal performance.

All over the scottish papers this morning about boris calling the lard of the isles fatty when asked about the cost of living crises , so clearly the pressure is mounting on bojo.

The plebs will take a lot of things , but when a government starts hitting them hard in he pocket , it normally spells deep trouble .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on March 31, 2022, 02:39:53 AM
The local elections are due in five weeks and I usually vote Labour, but maybe it is time to change my butcher.

The conservative candidate has promised to improve services and reduce the poll tax, which sounds as likely as the Thames turning into a river of beer. And there aren't that many services that need improving. Nor is the poll tax insupportable.

My problem is bribery.

The leader of the welsh tories happily gave the pakistani welsh nationalist assembly member mohammed asghar's wife and daughter publicly funded jobs in the welsh assembly when he demanded it from plaid's leader as the price of staying a cottage bomber. Plaid's leader was too ethical and refused, so the snake oil salesman resigned the whip and took the tory offer to hand him that if he became a tory.

The local shouty bastard activist who is standing as their T@@@ this time was quite pally with said corrupt scumbag.

I think we've got an independent and i shall vote for them.

Ironically, the Labour council established a "policy" whereby they refused to recognise  anyone not affiliated to a party in the council chamber as being allowed to speak, as a direct result of two labour councillors resigning the whip over local bus service cutbacks (we are the last council in the uk to actually own the bus company) and in direct retaliation the two guys got a lawyer friend to establish a local political party called the Newport Independent Councillors Party (only in wales under labour could this happen. I will vote for their man

Apparently in Bridgend the Tories recently found voting for their "man" got them something quite different. But that is a diatribe for another time. May your pavements be paved with gold. They'll have to be if you want to eat.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Algerie Francais !