Solar farms: Can expansion overcome Tory MPs' concerns?

Started by GBNews, April 07, 2022, 01:00:07 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: News on April 07, 2022, 01:00:07 AM

Ministers hope solar farms can vary the UK's energy mix - but they face increasing local opposition.

Source: Solar farms: Can expansion overcome Tory MPs' concerns?
Sadly the twats at the OFT publish actual energy demand in the UK as "million tons of oil equivalent" which is a pretty fucking useless unit to anyone except a politician and the Greta cuktist taking them up the arse.

If they were brave enough to state it in a real unit like kilowatts I could relate it to my paid research in 1979 of the exact amount of solar energy hitting a square metre of ground on a blazingly sunny, cloudy, drizzly and fucking pissing stair rods down day in Cardiff where the angle at which the sun's rays hit the ground most of the time are a piss poor imitation of how it rains down in the Sahara.

But that would allow me to very easily show that solar farms in the UK are a waste of time, whereas if we invaded sub Saharan Africa again and this time did a proper job of extermination once we had used the enslaved population to cover the desert in solar panels, we might actually capture enough to keep Cardiff going through a dismal winters day
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GBNews

Ministers hope solar farms can vary the UK's energy mix - but they face increasing local opposition.

Source: Solar farms: Can expansion overcome Tory MPs' concerns?