Main Menu

Mrs Rishi non dom?

Started by T00ts, April 07, 2022, 01:29:43 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2022, 10:20:20 PM
Do tell?
Why is she classed as non dom,does she live here or not? Not only does live here but at our expense,people can babble on it's all within the law so the laws crap.

It's cheating the system and make no mistake were she on benefits the howls of rage would be heard where she is supposedly domiciledhalfway across the world.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on April 07, 2022, 07:39:51 PM
Well I can think of plenty of reasons why she should contribute or sod off.
Do tell?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Well I can think of plenty of reasons why she should contribute or sod off.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on April 07, 2022, 03:02:41 PM
Of course it is a legal avoidance but she is stretching it. It was designed for those here temporarily.
It's not designed for anything really, it's a position. You're either Tax dom or not, and if she isn't then she isn't.
Seeing as she is loaded I'm guessing she doesn't work and earn anything so why should she pay any tax?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on April 07, 2022, 03:02:41 PM
Of course it is a legal avoidance but she is stretching it. It was designed for those here temporarily.
If that's so — and I've not seen any official declaration saying it is — why hasn't that status been clarified over all the years that various non doms have caused flurries of excitement among whichever clique was commentating these individuals?

From what I've heard and read, all taxes due under various regimes in which this person's income has been earned, have been paid. 

if she brought the income back to the UK, having paid tax on it overseas, it seems likely she could claim the equivalent amount back from HMRC when paying tax here. 

Given all the other suspect money supposedly sloshing around Westminster, I'd put the Sunak's among the most squeaky clean in the political class...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on April 07, 2022, 03:21:16 PM
I listened briefly to a BBC report, force fed by my Google smart speaker, which clearly said that nothing illegal has taken place but it is BBC sh*t stirring of the usual high order. Discredit a Tory at every opportunity.
I don't know about the Beeb but it is in all the press no matter what colour. I heard a new word yesterday 'optics', and no matter this is not good optics to give confidence in the Chancellor.

Barry

I listened briefly to a BBC report, force fed by my Google smart speaker, which clearly said that nothing illegal has taken place but it is BBC sh*t stirring of the usual high order. Discredit a Tory at every opportunity.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on April 07, 2022, 03:00:42 PM
Being Non Dom is not illegal and I don't know why anyone is expected, in the words of Lord Strathclyde, to be under  under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel in his stores.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on April 07, 2022, 01:29:43 PM
We have to talk about this surely. I have long had doubts about dear little Rishi as displayed elsewhere here but now I am disgruntled. With a wife claiming huge sums as a Non Dom how can he expect to have his finger on the public pulse also what decisions have been made lately that might benefit an Indian Billionaire? It might not be illegal but it's definitely dodgy since she is domiciled here full time.

I guess his chance of arriving at No 10 has more or less disappeared thank goodness so why is it I feel he will no longer remain in politics long term? Too smooth by far.
Being Non Dom is not illegal and I don't know why anyone is expected, in the words of Lord Strathclyde, to be under  under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel in his stores.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

We have to talk about this surely. I have long had doubts about dear little Rishi as displayed elsewhere here but now I am disgruntled. With a wife claiming huge sums as a Non Dom how can he expect to have his finger on the public pulse also what decisions have been made lately that might benefit an Indian Billionaire? It might not be illegal but it's definitely dodgy since she is domiciled here full time.

I guess his chance of arriving at No 10 has more or less disappeared thank goodness so why is it I feel he will no longer remain in politics long term? Too smooth by far.