EU in tatters as Brexit Britain surges ahead

Started by HallowedBrexit, April 18, 2022, 06:24:54 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

^^^
And the tone of your posts here and elsewhere suggest that's likely to be true...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baff

I'm not against teabags, but I prefer to be teabagging not teabagged.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 13, 2022, 11:15:51 PM
Tea leaves?
I thought everybody had converted to tea bags
Good God NO

My alter ego 'Gypsy "Call Me Doris" John' uses only the finest Early Gray, Assam or Green tea as provided by Keith's of Cirencester and the 1JJ Tarot Deck owned by my great aunt Dolly, the good time had by all including William Randolph Hearst the Third.

When true prediction is your first concern, accept no (Samuel l Jackson obscenity) substitutes 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on June 13, 2022, 11:15:51 PM
Tea leaves?
I thought everybody had converted to tea bags
Oh great first giggle of the day!  Dancing Dancing Dancing 

cromwell

Quote from: Baff on June 13, 2022, 09:22:36 PM
Sometimes it's ahead, sometimes it's behind. It was ever thus.

I find reading the tea leaves provides the best results.
Tea leaves?
I thought everybody had converted to tea bags
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Baff

Sometimes it's ahead, sometimes it's behind. It was ever thus.

I find reading the tea leaves provides the best results.

HDQQ

The figures to watch out for are Britain's performance falling behind the EU, USA etc. If this happens, it's not likely to because of Covid-19 or Putin's war, it would have to be Brexit or our government's flawed response to the deteriorating situation it brought on the nation it's supposed to be looking after.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 09, 2022, 08:13:09 PM
At 75 though Borky you should know that being positive is half the battle ;)

True SW, but someone has to be the other half and that is me :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on June 09, 2022, 05:37:27 PM
Sounds bollocks to me
At 75 though Borky you should know that being positive is half the battle ;)

Borchester

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on April 18, 2022, 06:24:54 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1597498/Brexit-britain-immigration-non-eu-migrants-points-based-boris-johnson

Brexit Britain is now reaping the benefits of going global. With the EU in eternal recession and on brink of collapse, millions and millions of expats are joining our country for the benefit of our fledgling empire.

EU Butt Kick UK

Sounds bollocks to me.

A few months back we were told that the UK was set to wipe the floor with Johnny Foreigner and now were are being told that everything is gloom and doom.

I am 75 and if every there was a year in which the UK was not forecast go head over heels, down the hill and into the poor house, then I probably dead and slept through it.

A small rider. A lot of the media, faced with ever declining circulations and subscribers, use interns, which means they don't pay them. A friend's daughter writes for a national newspaper. She isn't really up on economics but takes the sensible view that if she is broke then it is likely most everyone else is
Algerie Francais !

patman post

I really don't think so — the UK is forecast to be the worst performing economy other than Russia in 2023. And Russia has sanctions being applied by many other countries. Conversely, the UK has applied sanctions on itself by cutting itself off from the EU...

Economic growth in the UK will grind to a halt next year with only Russia, hobbled by western sanctions, performing worse among the G20 leading economies, the OECD forecast on Wednesday.

The Paris-based organisation's forecast highlighted the effects of high UK inflation still squeezing household and corporate incomes in 2023 alongside a further round of tax increases as the main drivers of the country's expected weak economic activity.

The forecasts underscore the difficulties a weakened Prime Minister Boris Johnson is likely to face in the months ahead as he tries to shore up support within his Conservative party after surviving a no-confidence vote on Monday and demonstrate the government can manage the economy effectively.

https://www.ft.com/content/ee2ce542-eb19-48c1-9a1d-57a8200a47ae
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HallowedBrexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1597498/Brexit-britain-immigration-non-eu-migrants-points-based-boris-johnson

Brexit Britain is now reaping the benefits of going global. With the EU in eternal recession and on brink of collapse, millions and millions of expats are joining our country for the benefit of our fledgling empire.

EU Butt Kick UK