Prem league

Started by cromwell, May 07, 2022, 08:31:19 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Almost there. The bhoys are getting ready to be crowned champions in patman posts north british league. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 07:35:42 PM
Well Thomas it's pretty much what I said,but when you cite chelsea and Man city as the problem you're miles out they got in as the door was closing and watch how Newcastle start being targets too.

The rot set in decades ago led by the likes and greed of united who had changes made that denied clubs a share of the gate receipts,this will get worse too imo where an american dominated prem league will see an apeing of their leagues where there's no relegation or failure of the mega teams allowed.

I'll excuse you on the grounds of being a Scot why would you know this but only get your info second hand from so called sports journalists.

Much is made of history but football didn't start in the 1990's,I had this argument a long time ago with Uganda who pulled me on " who are these saudis taking over at City?" I had to school him on that they weren't but are now flavour of the month due to the oil shortage.

This is from a book by a united supporter and how they cashed in on a false history whilst crapping on their dead or surving players
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Babes-Manchester-Forgotten-Victims-ebook/dp/B000SEGK1G

there's more than this but I wont bore you with it.

Anyway nice to see you back again posting you celtic **** :D :P
nope you havent read what i said. I didint say chelsea and man city were the problem , i said they epitomise the problems in your country in football , and in many other countires as well.

I have no interest in english football , i never have and i never will. Anyone though with an ounce of sense can see where it is all headed , and it isnt in the interests of the ordinary fans.

Thats not to say scottish footbal doesnt have problems , it does , in many ways and some similar to yours. Im old enough to remember the eighties , when i first started going to see celtic , in the days before the money men dominated football.

Rangers and celtic stitched up the scottish league which lead us to where we are today.

Anyway we love football and our teams , i just genuinely think the english premier league( sorry pat :D ) is vastly overrated , while its problems are being underrated.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on May 07, 2022, 06:16:07 PM
Yea, and Tooting will be ruled by the Popular Front.
Power to the people!

A man ahead of his time was Smithy , an ex Chelsea fan wearing a Newcastle scarf 

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on May 07, 2022, 04:53:41 PM
i see your club failed again in the european cup. Tinkering pep at his best once more.

i know you are a city fan , but i have to say cromwell city and the likes of chelsea epitomise everything that is wrong with the modern game.

The days of clough taking unfashionable teams like forest to glory , or mclean at dundee utd are long gone. Now we watch the spectacle of foreign managers players and owners , mere mercenaries  , scrapping it out.

i greatly belive this is one of the main reasons why england , despite haveing apparently the best league in the world , has the worst international football record among the so called top world footballing nations.

The saturation of foreign mercenaries in your football isnt a good thing.
Well Thomas it's pretty much what I said,but when you cite chelsea and Man city as the problem you're miles out they got in as the door was closing and watch how Newcastle start being targets too.

The rot set in decades ago led by the likes and greed of united who had changes made that denied clubs a share of the gate receipts,this will get worse too imo where an american dominated prem league will see an apeing of their leagues where there's no relegation or failure of the mega teams allowed.

I'll excuse you on the grounds of being a Scot why would you know this but only get your info second hand from so called sports journalists.

Much is made of history but football didn't start in the 1990's,I had this argument a long time ago with Uganda who pulled me on " who are these saudis taking over at City?" I had to school him on that they weren't but are now flavour of the month due to the oil shortage.

This is from a book by a united supporter and how they cashed in on a false history whilst crapping on their dead or surving players
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Babes-Manchester-Forgotten-Victims-ebook/dp/B000SEGK1G

there's more than this but I wont bore you with it.

Anyway nice to see you back again posting you celtic **** :D :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on May 07, 2022, 06:16:07 PM
Power to the people!

its just pat barry. Everytime i mock him about britain , he threatens to divide england up into pieces to stop scottish independence. That`ll teach us. :D

Meanwhile , back inthe real world , i was jist reading about the real madrid bus driver fernando , ( do we call him iberian or spanish ? :D )

apparently hes been to more champions league finals in the last thirteen years than man city have .;D

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2022, 06:00:40 PM
It's not my delusion.
It is your delusion . A mythical country that doesnt exist on any world map called britian.

It must kill you watching london teams play in the "english " league , while that mythical country called britian doesnt have a league. Or what about international football?

Do you struggle on having to lower yourself to support "England" because your fantasy country doesnt have a footbal team? :D

Does your norwegian wife similarly struggle with her identity? Does she talk about "scandinavian" owners in norwegian football?

One day , and that day might be closer than you think , its going to be funny as F@@@ watching folk like you having to cast off this fatuation with this imaginary country called "britian" when the uk is finally cast into the dustbin of history.

I know you often big up your "british " education , but there does seem to be vast gaping holes in things like history , geography etc , so i do wonder how good an education you actually got. I seem to have done a wee bit better with my poor glaswegian comprehensive education that i got for free. If i were your mum , i would be asking for my cash back.

Barry

Power to the people!

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on May 07, 2022, 05:45:53 PM
:D

one day mate , britishness will be a thing of the past. enjoy your delusion while it lasts.........
It's not my delusion. It's an aberration that I wish was over. Moving on apace, I would opt for independence for all viable regions where a majority in them wants it — irrespective of what historical designation they cling to.

If the ideas of independent states of — for example — the Black Country, Greater Manchester and Greater London and Southeast gather support, and can fly, I think they're worth considering.

Of course, they could all still compete in British Isles Leagues in whatever sports they like...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2022, 05:42:36 PM
No.

There are Welsh figures involved in the ownership of Premier div clubs, and Scottish in League One...
:D

one day mate , britishness will be a thing of the past. enjoy your delusion while it lasts.........

patman post

Quote from: Thomas on May 07, 2022, 04:48:22 PM
do you not mean english owned? Surely thats more logical when you consider there isnt a british league or a british international football team?
No.

There are Welsh figures involved in the ownership of Premier div clubs, and Scottish in League One...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 07, 2022, 08:31:19 AM
The yanks are coming.and Chelsea sold to them.

Is it a good thing? I don't think so I see new things on the horizon that will reflect American sport?

Yes my favoured club is foreign owned by a country sports journalists snipe.

Newcastle united owned by Saudis,the journalists line up with their sports washing questions "Nothing to do with football they question their manager on Saudi Arabia's human rights record,sadly he didn't reply would they be asking American owned club managers about capital punishment records and minorities jailed when clearly innocent for decades.

Tbh I wish it were as it used to be  and the Notts forests and Derby counties of this world could succeed again but the greed and rule changing to mega clubs advantage began decades ago.
i see your club failed again in the european cup. Tinkering pep at his best once more.

i know you are a city fan , but i have to say cromwell city and the likes of chelsea epitomise everything that is wrong with the modern game.

The days of clough taking unfashionable teams like forest to glory , or mclean at dundee utd are long gone. Now we watch the spectacle of foreign managers players and owners , mere mercenaries  , scrapping it out.

i greatly belive this is one of the main reasons why england , despite haveing apparently the best league in the world , has the worst international football record among the so called top world footballing nations.

The saturation of foreign mercenaries in your football isnt a good thing.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2022, 02:27:25 PM
I reckon there's only four premier division clubs that are majority British owned — Brentford, Brighton, Norwich and Spurs.

Of the clubs in the EFL Championship, only eight seem to be majority British owned. But in Leagues One and Two, most are majority British owned.

One surprising fact is that while there appear to be 20 identifiable US investors in British football, there are also ten Chinese investors, and 26 individual investors of other nationalities...
do you not mean english owned? Surely thats more logical when you consider there isnt a british league or a british international football team?

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2022, 12:16:22 PM
Premier League clubs' cosmopolitan ownership revealed with more US owners than Brits after Burnley takeover (the-sun.com)

Makes no difference , they have been investing and making a mint out of our clubs for years . Its big business now that attracts the worlds richest people . That means Americans and lots of them .
I reckon there's only four premier division clubs that are majority British owned — Brentford, Brighton, Norwich and Spurs.

Of the clubs in the EFL Championship, only eight seem to be majority British owned. But in Leagues One and Two, most are majority British owned.

One surprising fact is that while there appear to be 20 identifiable US investors in British football, there are also ten Chinese investors, and 26 individual investors of other nationalities...

Streetwalker

Premier League clubs' cosmopolitan ownership revealed with more US owners than Brits after Burnley takeover (the-sun.com)

Makes no difference , they have been investing and making a mint out of our clubs for years . Its big business now that attracts the worlds richest people . That means Americans and lots of them . 

cromwell

The yanks are coming.and Chelsea sold to them.

Is it a good thing? I don't think so I see new things on the horizon that will reflect American sport?

Yes my favoured club is foreign owned by a country sports journalists snipe.

Newcastle united owned by Saudis,the journalists line up with their sports washing questions "Nothing to do with football they question their manager on Saudi Arabia's human rights record,sadly he didn't reply would they be asking American owned club managers about capital punishment records and minorities jailed when clearly innocent for decades.

Tbh I wish it were as it used to be  and the Notts forests and Derby counties of this world could succeed again but the greed and rule changing to mega clubs advantage began decades ago.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?