no longer 5 minutes

Started by T00ts, May 14, 2022, 12:17:45 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on May 15, 2022, 11:59:49 AM
Good thinking Toots.

I have just rewritten my will and been told by Herself that leaving my body to science is no longer an option. You would have thought that a good Yorkshire lass would approve of the cost savings but there you go. But I am arsed if I am going to be cremated in a suit. I have decided that if I am going to my Eternal Rest, I will go in my pyjamas, which, when you think on it, makes sense.

The trouble is that I can't find an old fashioned set with a cord to hold up the pants and such. I don't want to sound picky, but these elasticated outfits look as though I have just been jogging. And with my tin knees they are a sod to get into.

I am going to have to think on this.
There is the perfect answer. A long nightshirt with matching hat and perhaps some warm bed socks! Pretty suave don't you think?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 14, 2022, 12:17:45 PM
200 seconds the Russians vow, it will take for their nuclear warhead to despatch us to oblivion. Now the 5 minutes warning was bad enough but this is now 3.3333 minutes. Not enough time to change my undies! So is this the moment to pack the tent and set it up at GCHQ perimeter? Buy a nuclear bunker? Or buy the limit of 2 packs of pills at every outlet in the locality?

Scared? Nah!

Good thinking Toots.

I have just rewritten my will and been told by Herself that leaving my body to science is no longer an option. You would have thought that a good Yorkshire lass would approve of the cost savings but there you go. But I am arsed if I am going to be cremated in a suit. I have decided that if I am going to my Eternal Rest, I will go in my pyjamas, which, when you think on it, makes sense.

The trouble is that I can't find an old fashioned set with a cord to hold up the pants and such. I don't want to sound picky, but these elasticated outfits look as though I have just been jogging. And with my tin knees they are a sod to get into.

I am going to have to think on this.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 15, 2022, 10:18:21 AM
I thought it was four minutes
Oh well still not long enough. 

johnofgwent

I thought it was four minutes 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on May 14, 2022, 12:17:45 PM
200 seconds the Russians vow, it will take for their nuclear warhead to despatch us to oblivion. Now the 5 minutes warning was bad enough but this is now 3.3333 minutes. Not enough time to change my undies! So is this the moment to pack the tent and set it up at GCHQ perimeter? Buy a nuclear bunker? Or buy the limit of 2 packs of pills at every outlet in the locality?

Scared? Nah!
Even if Vlad the Impaler is on his last legs, doubt his generals are going to be willing to commit suicide by pressing the button. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Scared? Nah!