Who’d have thunk it.

Started by Nick, May 22, 2022, 11:27:29 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

You made your choices and you're satisfied with them and their faults.

Me, when a new vehicle's price is £100K or more, I expect any faults to have been picked up and corrected by the time I receive it. So far, German engineering hasn't let me down — nor, incidentally, has Mrs P's Japanese PHEV...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 24, 2022, 02:12:54 PM
There are such arrangements as loan vehicles, extended test drives, and visits to dealerships, in addition to listening to the experiences of JLR vehicle drivers.

All of those enable me to say quite categorically that, given a choice, I wouldn't have one...
So you've had enough loan usage of Land Rover and Jaguar vehicles to know you don't want one. I've never owned a Jag but have had 4 or 5 Rangies and they are great. Best vehicle there is, but they have their faults, but you know they're no good by having a few loaners and mates testimonials. OK 👍 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 23, 2022, 10:53:14 PM
Your post makes no sense and shows you just making stuff up. You stated, based on personal experience you wouldn't have a JLR car from the last 5 years: that says that you have had one, cause you've had personal experience therefore you can't say you wouldn't have one.
There are such arrangements as loan vehicles, extended test drives, and visits to dealerships, in addition to listening to the experiences of JLR vehicle drivers.

All of those enable me to say quite categorically that, given a choice, I wouldn't have one...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 23, 2022, 12:47:53 PM
From personal experience, and hearing tales of woe from family and others, I wouldn't have any JLR product of the last five years.

JLR's customer service is abysmal and its dealer network and servicing network around London and the southeast — and in Paris and northern France — is dire.

I'm currently checking out EV and hybrid, and I've totally erased JLR from consideration...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.landrover.com
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.jaguar.co.uk
Your post makes no sense and shows you just making stuff up. You stated, based on personal experience you wouldn't have a JLR car from the last 5 years: that says that you have had one, cause you've had personal experience therefore you can't say you wouldn't have one. 

patman post

From personal experience, and hearing tales of woe from family and others, I wouldn't have any JLR product of the last five years.

JLR's customer service is abysmal and its dealer network and servicing network around London and the southeast — and in Paris and northern France — is dire.

I'm currently checking out EV and hybrid, and I've totally erased JLR from consideration...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.landrover.com
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.jaguar.co.uk

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 23, 2022, 12:02:28 AM
Ours has never actually broken down, it just develops faults that need fixing. Still really nice to drive though.
Lost their way when they ditched the defender.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 22, 2022, 11:57:20 PM
A traffic cop told me they're always breaking down.
Ours has never actually broken down, it just develops faults that need fixing. Still really nice to drive though. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on May 22, 2022, 11:48:46 PM
I can confirm that is a fair comment. My wife drives one and it's the best worst car we've had.
A traffic cop told me they're always breaking down.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on May 22, 2022, 11:33:03 PM
Range Rover eh.....more money than sense.

Spend most of their time in the garage :D
I can confirm that is a fair comment. My wife drives one and it's the best worst car we've had. 

cromwell

Range Rover eh.....more money than sense.

Spend most of their time in the garage :D

Nick

On my way down to the big smoke for a show tomorrow (Jody Comer, Prima Facie), and was sat on the M1 due to a big smash J18, and who got out of his Rangie to get a butty out of the boot but non other than Sir Lindsay Hoyle. Exchanged knowing nods and I took a sneaky pic when he wasn't looking 😂.