Free speech or just hoodlums?

Started by T00ts, May 31, 2022, 11:57:44 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2022, 07:16:54 PM
No wonder the lefties want 16 year olds to get the vote, they'd wreck the system.
Not sure that lowering the voting age to 16 would deliver the 'chav' vote to Labour these days.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 31, 2022, 02:09:09 PM
Well, my thoughts are ...
I agree this is the case. What I would say though, is that if it's possible at some time in the future for people to genuinely change gender (biologically), then I'd accept someone has changed gender. I don't particularly want to change from being male but I'd happily swap from being 60-something to 30-something (biologically) but sadly that's not possible at the moment either.

HDQQ

It's not just the left who are active in our universities. We get stories from time to time of far-right activity, including racism and sexism. And then there's religious fanaticism too.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 31, 2022, 04:30:56 PM
They are students and don't count, unless you are the editor of the Daily Mail and desperate for a headline.

The said thing is most of the poor buggers will end up in some local council non jobs where they will brown nose their way to the dizzy heights of assistant office manager or something equally banal.

Being rude to that Iranian lady is probably the most exciting thing they will ever do.
No wonder the lefties want 16 year olds to get the vote, they'd wreck the system. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 31, 2022, 11:57:44 AM
Just what is happening in Universities? These kids are spending a fortune for an 'education' to equip them for the big wide world and hopefully some sort of job but here we are again with a University being the hub of discord and rebellion in particular to anyone having the nerve to voice something that disagrees with them. They expect free speech and claim their 'liberal' views but only where it suits them. Perhaps some being sent down time would focus their minds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10869129/Trans-activists-hound-Nadhim-Zahawi-university-campus-chanting-Tory-scum.html

They are students and don't count, unless you are the editor of the Daily Mail and desperate for a headline.

The said thing is most of the poor buggers will end up in some local council non jobs where they will brown nose their way to the dizzy heights of assistant office manager or something equally banal.

Being rude to that Iranian lady is probably the most exciting thing they will ever do.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on May 31, 2022, 01:05:15 PM
The next revelation is that one of the folk is the son of Ed ball and Yvette Cooper. I bet they are really proud of him.

Actually given the party's stance on No Platforming and what defines Male and Female, they probably are ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

T00ts

Just what is happening in Universities? These kids are spending a fortune for an 'education' to equip them for the big wide world and hopefully some sort of job but here we are again with a University being the hub of discord and rebellion in particular to anyone having the nerve to voice something that disagrees with them. They expect free speech and claim their 'liberal' views but only where it suits them. Perhaps some being sent down time would focus their minds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10869129/Trans-activists-hound-Nadhim-Zahawi-university-campus-chanting-Tory-scum.html