Brexit to blame for airport chaos, says London's Mayor Khan

Started by Borchester, June 05, 2022, 12:50:34 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 05, 2022, 12:50:34 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/grant-shapps-airports-queues-airlines-b2094237.html#comments-area

God, Khan is such an upper. Everything is the fault of Brexit or Trump or Boris. Saddo is never happy unless he is

cancelling something or being, well, Saddo Khan.

The bottom line is that the mayor does not like people going on holiday or having fun
Schiphol Airport was in turmoil last Monday when I flew out and was so bad Saturday morning that they closed one runway. I should have been home 2:30 in the afternoon and got back at 2 in the morning. And as I posted before, Ian Blackford had his flight cancelled to Inverness, on his way back from Havana. So Saddo is talking crap as usual, nothing to do with Brexit. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

right on que  ,

@PaulBrandITV

BREAKING: Tory rebels expect Sir Graham Brady to make a statement this morning announcing that there will be a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson. Only Brady knows the exact details, but this is as certain as anyone has sounded that a vote is on.

letter sent to tory mps...

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 05, 2022, 10:39:19 PM
Tommy, do you ever read anything any other poster has written?

I am no fan of the Brothers and Sisters, I just can't help thinking that they are going to win the next election. Apart from anything else, they have a 7% lead over the Tories and have done so for several months. And if the Labour party wins in 2024 then Scotland can whistle for independence because the SNP will have nothing to offer.

So there you are. Come 2024 the Nats will be well f**ked, we will still be outside the EU and so one way and another, no change there.
I read everything as much as possible that is written , but sometimes you have to sort the wheat from the chaff borkie , so i dont want to hear any of your excuses.

I havent read such snivelling on this forum since sensitive steve posted. How you can possibly tell us anyone is going to win the next election , potentially  two years ahead , when a week is a long time in politics is anyones guess.

You are throwin the towel in when the second half is still to be played. Long time to go. Especailly with keir starmers track record of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You told me once you did a bit of guard duty for the navy in the sixties in hong kong. What were you guarding borkie ? The engine room biscuit tin?

With all this snivelling going on , if the red army had made a move , you would have swapped sides and handed them the tin and offered them a chocolate hob nob.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 04:53:43 PM
:D

Theres absolutely nothing whatsoever tetchy about pointing out its lower than a snakes belly for a long term english tory to fawn and bootlick all over sir stodge because he can't get behind boris.

Tommy, do you ever read anything any other poster has written?

I am no fan of the Brothers and Sisters, I just can't help thinking that they are going to win the next election. Apart from anything else, they have a 7% lead over the Tories and have done so for several months. And if the Labour party wins in 2024 then Scotland can whistle for independence because the SNP will have nothing to offer.

So there you are. Come 2024 the Nats will be well fucked, we will still be outside the EU and so one way and another, no change there.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2022, 05:03:30 PM
Its not Brexit as such that has caused staffing problems for many industries but the removal of cheap labour . Maybe these bosses who were generally in favour of remaining in the EU should have offered better incentives for workers to stay .

The pandemic did mean many went home who may have remained but its all about the wages . Offer the right money and working conditions and they may find staffing levels are not so much a problem .
Unfortunately shareholders and bosses bonuses have been prioritised in recent years over workers pay , that has to be addressed and voting leave was one road toward that .

Up the workers Union Flag
Im not neautral in any way or pretending to be , but taking a step back you do have a point. The whole of the western world is having issues to a lesser or greater degree , and most of it is nothing to do with brexit. There are however teething problems in the uk which are to do with brexit.

You have an image problem at the minute mate. Johnson is badly wounded and staggering on , senior tories are coming out making nosies about the singel market , and im sure you read dan hannans piece on single market membership , to be fair , some of what is taken out of context. He also said there is no way england /UK can rejoin the single market as things stand.

You also have the foot soldiers like auld borkie , once a towering collosus on this forum for brexit and conservatism , now reduced to being a spineless morris dancing cockney surrender monkey throwing in the towel to sir keir. :)

So remainers smell blood , and are striking while the irons hot to blame everything  , wether true or not , on brexit. Even quackers has emerged from his remain crypt to throw his latest two pennies worth into the ring.

You always say never trust a tory. I always agree. If boris loses this upcoming by election i was reading about , then i can see the tories going into self protection mode and you possibly ending up with a tory remainer in charge.

If not , borkie assures us sir stodge the starmer is a shoe in at the next election as he and his fellow tories are going to sit the next vote out in dismay. So there appears to be cold wins blowing at the  minute mate.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on June 05, 2022, 05:20:31 PM
Surely it's a combination of factors. Many EU workers remained after Brexit but Covid both abroad and here sent many of them home. Apart from that we have learned that treatment of Airport workers was pretty dire even though they had Gov cash on board. What is missing is any liaison with airlines and travel firms who have gone gung-ho with little thought for the essential organisation required and the desperation to get their 'take' back up to pre-pandemic levels, plus of course the public are conned into believing that everything is fine.

I don't understand why no-one was shouting 'hang on a minute'.
Indeed ,Khan blames Brexit while airlines sell tickets for cancelled flights . He wants to stop making a fool of himself singing along to ABBA outside Buck house and get his head out of his arse and sort out tommorows tube strikes

T00ts

Surely it's a combination of factors. Many EU workers remained after Brexit but Covid both abroad and here sent many of them home. Apart from that we have learned that treatment of Airport workers was pretty dire even though they had Gov cash on board. What is missing is any liaison with airlines and travel firms who have gone gung-ho with little thought for the essential organisation required and the desperation to get their 'take' back up to pre-pandemic levels, plus of course the public are conned into believing that everything is fine.

I don't understand why no-one was shouting 'hang on a minute'.

Streetwalker

Its not Brexit as such that has caused staffing problems for many industries but the removal of cheap labour . Maybe these bosses who were generally in favour of remaining in the EU should have offered better incentives for workers to stay .

The pandemic did mean many went home who may have remained but its all about the wages . Offer the right money and working conditions and they may find staffing levels are not so much a problem . 
Unfortunately shareholders and bosses bonuses have been prioritised in recent years over workers pay , that has to be addressed and voting leave was one road toward that .

Up the workers Union Flag

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 05, 2022, 04:33:10 PM

Don't be so tetchy.

I am not a Labour party supporter. I merely pointed out that they probably form the next government, regain a lot of ground north of the border and, as said before, the Scots will learn to play rugby before Sir Stodge allows them to have independence.
:D

Theres absolutely nothing whatsoever tetchy about pointing out its lower than a snakes belly for a long term english tory to fawn and bootlick all over sir stodge because he cant get behind boris.

Im looking forward to the spectacle of my countrys national party , the SNP , propping up a labour government and lording it over sasann.

Once sir stodge has you back in the EU , you wont know wether to take orders from Edinburgh brussells or washington .:D

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 03:29:48 PM
.Dont tell borkie , hes busy polishing labour party turds at the minute.

Don't be so tetchy.

I am not a Labour party supporter. I merely pointed out that they will probably form the next government, regain a lot of ground north of the border and, as said before, the Scots will learn to play rugby before Sir Stodge allows them to have independence.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 05, 2022, 04:26:49 PM

I like the idea of a flower bridge from one side of the M25 and with a beer tent in the middle
Shouldn t that be a flower bridge from dover to calais and copious amounts of english bitter and genuflecting to brussells royalty once your mate keef gets in? :)

Thomas

...and the EU have him over a barrell on the other side ,so its protocol or trade war. Wonder if johnsons luck can hang on in there and let him find a middle path through?

Seems to be a perfect storm brewing , and as i keep saying i think the cost of living crises , which could well ramp up later i nthe year with reports of potential energy shortages and blackouts not to mention recession etc etc  , could be a much bigger problem than the protocol.

Interesting times in politics at the minute.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 03:21:24 PM
Well after reading that it just reminds of P&O and who is to blame here,as said they're having the same problems in Europe so what's it to do with brexit.

Khan is a.....well like a lot of mayors inflicted onus....a waste of space.

Maybe we could have Boris back?

I like the idea of a flower bridge from one side of the M25 and with a beer tent in the middle
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

also reading the ERG has bunter johnson over a barrell regarding the NIP. Basically get rid of it hes being told or they join in sending letters of no confidence.

London has privately told Dublin that two options are being considered. In one version, the bill will simply give ministers enabling powers to disapply elements of the Protocol at some point in the future. In the second, the bill will in itself, once enacted, immediately disapply key parts of the Protocol.
.... Why should Downing Street choose the hard option? In blunt terms, it is because Johnson desperately needs the support of the ERG, the cohort of right-wing eurosceptics within the Conservative Party in a no confidence vote. They are not the force they were under Theresa May (because Johnson won an 80 seat majority), but they are still important. They have demanded that the Protocol be ditched or altered.
.... It's understood a sizeable number of those who have sent letters to Sir Graham Brady are Brexiteers. If Johnson wants them to withdraw those letters or support him in a confidence motion, this is one way to do it.
Furthermore, while he is facing flak for drifting from core Conservative values by raising taxes and increasing state intervention, Johnson can fend off those charges by placating the ERG's British nationalism.
.... The ERG paper said if the European Commission refused to contemplate the idea of the "mutual enforcement" of each other's rules on regulating goods, then London should "consider instigating domestic legislation to replace the Protocol". That was all of 16 months ago. The UK government is now obliging.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0604/1302945-ni-protocol-brexit/

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 03:21:24 PM
Well after reading that it just reminds of P&O and who is to blame here,as said they're having the same problems in Europe so what's it to do with brexit.

I know what you are saying cromwell , but when prominent tories like tobias ellwood and brexiters like dan hannan are both talking about being members of the single market in the same week you know things arent going too well.

QuoteKhan is a.....well like a lot of mayors inflicted onus....a waste of space
.Dont tell borkie , hes busy polishing labour party turds at the minute.