Partygate: Insiders tell of packed No 10 lockdown parties

Started by GBNews, June 10, 2022, 07:01:13 AM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on June 10, 2022, 11:53:41 PM
You've paid no attention to Thornberry we'll go back to being as close as close can be,,,,,,that's snakespeak for back in all but name only and mr punch subscribes to that.
I wonder what "as close can be" means when in essence many of the problems we face today is due to Johnsons bad deal. At a time Europe is trying to be "united" the UK is talking about scrapping the protocol because Johnson didn't even understand what he signed up for. The reality is Starmer might indeed make us more economically aligned to the EU given they are our biggest economic partner and he may well agree to share some standards especially in terms of farming in order to fix Johnsons mess and sort out the Irish border problem. But he isn't going to hand any of this "so called" sovereignty back and we will still be able to make these non existent trade deals (is it just Australia) we were told we could do. The passport will remain blue and we can keep the Eastern Europeans out with a points based system. So I wonder, what exactly are you worried about. Do you seriously want different vetting rules from the EU and think that is a marker that Starmer might step over?

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on June 10, 2022, 11:41:49 PM
Cromwell, if Starmer was going to return us back to the EU, I would be riding the Starmer train but I'm not, so he won't. And yes he is a Blairite that's for sure, but given Blair was a Tory with a red rosette, all Tories are Blairites so we have been ruled by Blairites for 25 years now so what difference does that make when we have the clown Johnson in power? Not much. So no he isn't going to take us back. Why? Because the Red wall seats Labour needs to win back in the next election are Brexiteer seats and Starmer will do what is needed to keep them happy.
You've paid no attention to Thornberry we'll go back to being as close as close can be,,,,,,that's snakespeak for back in all but name only and mr punch subscribes to that.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on June 10, 2022, 11:16:01 PM
Personally don't hate Starmer but he wants us back in the eu and is a bliarite is enough for me.

Westminster is riddled with politicians who believe the electorate plebs and they know better than us.......which led to what the scruffy one did.
Mr punch will take us straight back in the eu by hook or by crook......crooked more likely.
As for auburn ham he's a w""""r.
Cromwell, if Starmer was going to return us back to the EU, I would be riding the Starmer train but I'm not, so he won't. And yes he is a Blairite that's for sure, but given Blair was a Tory with a red rosette, all Tories are Blairites so we have been ruled by Blairites for 25 years now so what difference does that make when we have the clown Johnson in power? Not much. So no he isn't going to take us back. Why? Because the Red wall seats Labour needs to win back in the next election are Brexiteer seats and Starmer will do what is needed to keep them happy.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on June 10, 2022, 10:19:24 PM
Who doesn't give a toss? The ten regulars on here who all support Johnson and hate Starmer. You need to get out more Borky. This is STILL a major taking point on Twitter and political forums in general. We have two by-elections coming up and the voters will have yet another time to show Johnson that all hasn't been forgiven.

The truth is whilst Johnson remains we will always be talking about partygate. Do you think the opposition parties won't mention it during election campaigning because of the users on Pol-Tics are getting a bit bored of it all?
Johnson should go on the grounds he made the rules then broke them, the fact dearth of talent is making people blind to that is irrelevant.

Personally don't hate Starmer but he wants us back in the eu and is a bliarite is enough for me.

Westminster is riddled with politicians who believe the electorate plebs and they know better than us.......which led to what the scruffy one did.
Mr punch will take us straight back in the eu by hook or by crook......crooked more likely.
As for auburn ham he's a w""""r.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2022, 10:13:00 PM
No it ain't and no one gives a toss.

Auntie is dragging it out because, apart from that nonsense in the Ukraine, there is sod all other news
Who doesn't give a toss? The ten regulars on here who all support Johnson and hate Starmer. You need to get out more Borky. This is STILL a major taking point on Twitter and political forums in general. We have two by-elections coming up and the voters will have yet another time to show Johnson that all hasn't been forgiven.

The truth is whilst Johnson remains we will always be talking about partygate. Do you think the opposition parties won't mention it during election campaigning because of the users on Pol-Tics are getting a bit bored of it all?

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on June 10, 2022, 09:32:18 PM
The BBC is dragging this further because there are still a lot of people that are angry over this.

No it ain't and no one gives a toss.

Auntie is dragging it out because, apart from that nonsense in the Ukraine, there is sod all other news
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2022, 03:31:39 PM

Sir Stodge really, really wants to be PM and it is pretty obvious that an increase in the licence fee won't help him in that direction. So where does he stand on the matter?

Starmer was right on the windfall tax, so much so the Tories stole it. As for the TV license, the opposition never promotes tax rises so the absence of voice here means they support a freeze which to be frank is needed simply to cut the BBC deadwood services.

As for being PM, it isn't so much that Starmer needs to do anything given Johnson is doing his work for him. Very much like Biden got to the White House by not being Trump, Starmer will get there by not being Johnson. That is if he doesn't resign given he may receive a fine. You never know, Long Bailey might come from behind to take the keys to number ten as she has Burnhams backing to some extent. Now she is a leader I could get behind.

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on June 10, 2022, 03:46:39 PM
Maybe I've become sensitised, but I am beginning to get irritated by partygate still carving itself out great chunks of any political comment and discussion I access.

I've not noticed the BBC dragging this story out more than any other news peddler...
The BBC is dragging this further because there are still a lot of people that are angry over this. There is a few people who want to move on, but those people are usually in the Johnson camp. For the majority they continue to follow the story and the BBC are simply informing them of the latest development.

The truth is, once Johnson decided to back Lockdown (he didn't at first and was his only success as a leader which ultimately he failed on), he had to be whiter than white or there was going to be a backlash. You set the rules, you best follow them up. Given that he partied away or at the very least had a "liberal" approach to social distancing and contact in Downing Street when mixing was basically outlawed elsewhere, clearly he must have known that in reality this virus was disproportionate to who it killed and it was them, not everyone who should have been isolated. Had it a mortality rate or ebola for everyone, we really would all have been social distancing because we would have seen the impact firsthand. Instead we had to publish death figures of those who had a positive test 30 days prior to fudge the figures and there are still to this day many people who don't know anyone who actually died of Covid 19.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 10, 2022, 06:25:56 PM
Where does he stand on anything ?
He doesn't stand, he sits on the fence, mostly. He really is as boring as any politician, apart from a dead one, like Thatcher. And even she gets people riled up, just looking at her statue, they throw a few eggs if they can afford them.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2022, 03:31:39 PM
Boris froze the TV licence and dealt Auntie a terrible blow in the wallet, so she won't be forgiving him anytime soon.

It does raise an interesting point though.

Sir Stodge really, really wants to be PM and it is pretty obvious that an increase in the licence fee won't help him in that direction. So where does he stand on the matter?
Where does he stand on anything ?

patman post

Quote from: Barry on June 10, 2022, 09:18:33 AM
I wonder when the BBC will realise they have failed to depose the PM. They are still like a dog with a bone and it is just yesterday's news.
It appears more like a crusade than honest reporting.
Maybe I've become sensitised, but I am beginning to get irritated by partygate still carving itself out great chunks of any political comment and discussion I access.

I've not noticed the BBC dragging this story out more than any other news peddler...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 10, 2022, 09:18:33 AM
I wonder when the BBC will realise they have failed to depose the PM. They are still like a dog with a bone and it is just yesterday's news.
Boris froze the TV licence and dealt Auntie a terrible blow in the wallet, so she won't be forgiving him anytime soon.

It does raise an interesting point though.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Partygate: Insiders tell of packed No 10 lockdown parties

Staff describe bins overflowing with bottles, people sitting on each other's laps and colleagues sleeping in the office.

Source: Partygate: Insiders tell of packed No 10 lockdown parties