Why some farmers are turning away from the Tories

Started by GBNews, June 12, 2022, 01:00:17 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on June 12, 2022, 04:09:20 PM
Jesus, Auntie really does not like the Tories.

There are barely 100,000 farmers in the UK and most of them live off subsidies.

No one gives a shit as to what they think
Actually if last night was anything to go by, lots of them are very pleased the tories have thrown the green cardigan wearing veggie fuckwit agenda of taking 30% of our farming land OUT of production and "rewilding" it to force us to starve t save the planet into the fucking sea and told farmers to grow more food so as to cut our reliance on Eu and Ukranian imports.

This absolutely majestically fucked off some wanker who calls himself chairman of the British Rewilding Campaign who is clearly outraged we are taking action to reduce the degree to which we are reliant on the outside world and the EU in particular, but mre than that reduced his ability to be considered important.

I cheered so loud at his outrage that they probably heard it in Cardiff
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 12, 2022, 06:53:26 PM
Well they should imo,because the way things are headed we are going to need their expertise before long.

Forget the fools who want us all to ride bikes,ditch central heating,eat nettles and rewild the countryside......we need to eat.

What expertise?

I am the gardening nut around her and all you need to be a farmer is a strong back and a weak brain. You can accept that as the truth because I am telling it is so.

Farmers love the Lib Dems because the limp dicks are the only ones silly enough to believe that the country side needs looking after.

F@@@ them. Pension the farmers off and divide their farms up into allotments, which would result in better food and less pain in the tax payers pocket.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Well they should imo,because the way things are headed we are going to need their expertise before long.

Forget the fools who want us all to ride bikes,ditch central heating,eat nettles and rewild the countryside......we need to eat.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

The article  lost me when they suggested  the Farmers will be voting Lib Dem ;D when in fact the whole piece is based on the views of one farmer from Somerset .

Having said that I dont blame anyone for not voting Tory 

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

GBNews

Why some farmers are turning away from the Tories

The mood is shifting in an industry destabilised by economic shocks and post-Brexit reforms.

Source: Why some farmers are turning away from the Tories