And they are off! Indy2 in October 2023 !

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2022, 02:50:43 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2022, 07:25:47 PM
Think I'm right in saying there is only one person on here that thinks Scotland shouldn't get Indy2.
everyone except john seems to constantly change thier position depending on the time of day.

I think to be fair nick , sturgeon just loves johnson and his party telling scots they wont be allowed a vote , as it normally drives the indy support through the roof.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 20, 2022, 01:27:33 PM
im not comparing chalk and cheese . You left the eu with a non legally binding referendum , rightly so from a democratic point of view , and we can leave your union with a non legally binding referendum.

The logic is irrefutable , and it will be viewed as highly hypocritcal rubbish for brit nat brexiters to tell us otherwise.
Think I'm right in saying there is only one person on here that thinks Scotland shouldn't get Indy2. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 20, 2022, 05:56:00 PM
No, you either did not read what I said or choose to ignore it and repeat the confusion.

The BREXIT Referendum was indeed advisory but was called by the legitimate government of the United Kingdom under the statute law in force at the time.

You do not have the right in law to hold such a referendum, advisory or otherwise. You have to go grovel to BoJo for permission. That is the law.
No john. I clearly read what you said , and as ever , you paint fantasy as fact.

i ask again. Under which law , english , french , scottish which ? do we not have the right to vote for independence, and secondly , when was this case tested in which court and where?

Over to you.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on June 20, 2022, 04:35:09 PM
The SNP invoke the dead Lady Thatcher to support their case.

;D
my name is thomas. Im not the snp barry.

we are trying to help john of gwent with these little memory lapses he has from time to time about who said what about scottish independence. Thatcher , whateer her other faults was a democrat , who repeatedly said what im saying  , that scotland had the right to independence by merely voing in a majority of pro indy mps long before devolution.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on June 20, 2022, 01:27:33 PM
im not comparing chalk and cheese . You left the eu with a non legally binding referendum , rightly so from a democratic point of view , and we can leave your union with a non legally binding referendum.

The logic is irrefutable , and it will be viewed as highly hypocritcal rubbish for brit nat brexiters to tell us otherwise.
No, you either did not read what I said or choose to ignore it and repeat the confusion.

The BREXIT Referendum was indeed advisory but was called by the legitimate government of the United Kingdom under the statute law in force at the time.

You do not have the right in law to hold such a referendum, advisory or otherwise. You have to go grovel to BoJo for permission. That is the law.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Mrs T was a smart lady — it's a pity so many of he ideas and opinions are now ignored..
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Barry on June 20, 2022, 04:35:09 PM
The SNP invoke the dead Lady Thatcher to support their case.

;D
Christians, Jews and Muslim's do the same but with other individuals...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 20, 2022, 01:43:09 PM
Very few.

By and large the colonies were used as staging posts to India. And when that went ( encouraged on its way by Clement Attlee), they various bits and bobs were dumped as soon as possible.
Face saving fantasy . India , pakistan , ireland , united states , and many many more were told they couldnt leave.

The point of course is stamping feet demanding people arent allowed to vote and leave rarely if ever works.

What im hoping is john of gwent gets the old bnp gang back together  , streetwalker similar with ukip , and send up creatures like farage and gfiffin to demand we arent allowed to leave just before the vote , and that would be very much appreciated.:D

perhaps you could have a word in bojos ear as well mate.all help gratefully appreciated , and the bhoys are trying theri best.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 16, 2022, 04:27:02 PM

I wonder how many uk prime ministers have told empire countires they werent allowed to leave......

Very few.

By and large the colonies were used as staging posts to India. And when that went ( encouraged on its way by Clement Attlee), they various bits and bobs were dumped as soon as possible.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 19, 2022, 08:09:12 PM
No

You are comparing chalk and cheese.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 19, 2022, 10:48:56 PM
That was in reference to the Empire not the Union , that you can't leave something that your country more than helped create . 
that sounds like a desperate cop out.The only entity that is possible for us to leave is the uk. We can't stay in or leave something that no longer exists so what ar you talking about?

:D

QuoteWhich doesnt exist anymore so you can't leave what doesnt exist anyway .
are you asking me or telling me? You seem to have spotted the obvious flaw in your straw clutching. Anti democracy is never a good look , as you of all people should know fine well after the events of recent years.

QuoteScotland of course (well some of it ) is looking to leave  the union , a different matter altogether
. :D

Is this the cowardly inferrance to partitioning scotland if we dare vote to go? Told you many years before , we came into your union as a nation and will leave as one. Which part are you threatening to partition off this time?

Shetlands?

Orkney?

Aberdeenshire?

We really are unearthing all the old hits from 2012 arent we?

streetwalkers transformation from a democracy loving brexiter , who supports anyone haveing a vote to leave any union when it looks like no vote is likely , to an anti democrat joining the throng demanding no vote is allowed and threats of partitions if we do leave is complete.

Easy to make huggy feelgood statements when you know there isnt a vote going to be held isnt it streetwalker? A london brexiter telling scots they can't vote or our country will be partitioned if we do , after your nation voted to freely leave the eu and stick 2 fingers up to brussells should add plenty more votes to the indy support. cheers!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 19, 2022, 09:14:02 PM
I incorrectly assumed the 54 countries still part of the Commonwealth had the Queen as their head, therefore technically came under U.K. rule. My mistake. 

Everyone on this forum knew you were talking cac. The idea some wee old lady , who we are are told technically has no powers and is a mere figurehead from a bygone age , indirectly allows the uk to rule commonwealth countries is a fantasy already dealt with.

QuoteOther than that it's the usual obfuscation from the man who harps back to posts from years ago about the makeup of the U.K.
i simply pointed out london didnt want countires to leave their empire , but they all did , in refference to the demands by the anti demcorats on this thread to stop scots having a demcoratic say on the union , repeating what their anglo remainer kin tried to do in recent years regading brexit. Its a fair point , and shows how futile stamping feet and screaming about not allowing countries to leave actually is.

QuoteOK Tom, your turn. Explain the difference between Britain and Great Britain, GB being England, Scotland and Wales.
You already know what it is , from previous conversations. If you dont understand the difference between the name of your "country" , and a geographical name for an island which isnt a "country" , then i can't constantly keep schooling you to make up for what you werent taught at school.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 19, 2022, 08:09:12 PM

BUT The reality of the law is that Sturgeon has no authority in United Kingdom Law to call a referendum on this.

There are three legal systems in the united kingdom , one of which is scottish law and the scottish legal jurisdiction. Unlike wales , which had its own native laws of hywel da destroyed  , replaced with english law , and legally became part of england in the wales and berwick acts of the 16th century , scotland retained its own distinct law as part of the treaty of union which could not be altered as long as the treaty stood.

In scottish constitutional law , as lord cooper reffered to in 1953 , the sovereignty of the london parliament was a distinctly english principle that had no legal counterpart in scottish consitutional law. In scotland , the scottish people are sovereign , and the ability to politically govern us is given to those we elect.

QuoteBecause calling a referendum to destroy the Union is not a devolved matter.
Again you retreat into a straw man argument , and offer up a false dichotomy. Scotland unlike your country , is an equal signatory on the 1707 treaty of union which created the united kingdom. Scotland can withdraw from that treaty any time we so choose via those we elect under our consitutional law. No one is saying it is a devolved matter.

Thatcher used to tell us scots in the eighties if we wanted to withdraw from the union , all we had to do was elect a majority of nationalsit pro indepdence mps to scottish seats in the commons.

the idea we as an equal signatory cannot withdraw from the union is a fantasy in your head up there with "nuking dublin".
You want to secede, unilaterally, start killing Englishmen. It worked for the Irish after all
We dont need to secede . We can withdraw by ending the treaty , and when we go the united kingdom will be no more.