Are you a sun worshipper?

Started by T00ts, June 17, 2022, 11:29:25 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 19, 2022, 12:25:23 PM
It hit 40 degrees in my office right under the roof of the huose at about 3pm

I called it a day while i could still breathe, and buggered off to a riverside ice cream parlour

It then predictably i suppose drizzled here all day yesterday and is bloody freezing today
Too true. ;D

johnofgwent

It hit 40 degrees in my office right under the roof of the huose at about 3pm

I called it a day while i could still breathe, and buggered off to a riverside ice cream parlour

It then predictably i suppose drizzled here all day yesterday and is bloody freezing today
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Having lived abroad, 30C is not that big a deal. I have worked outside in 35C plus, when tools could only be handled with gloves. After 17 years of that, I don't deliberately sunbathe. I don't want skin cancer!
However, my arms especially are as brown as a berry as we spend a lot of time working outside , gardening and the like. Having just moved house, there is a lot to do. I wear a hat almost always as I started balding at about 35.

A day later and it is windy, showery and below 20C. British weather at it's most fickle.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2022, 08:41:53 PM
Well it didnt go quite as planned . Too many young bucks on the sauce all day . When the volume went up ,a clear sign the charlie had been passed around it was only going to end one way .

And it did , I managed to drink up before plod arrived .  Back to the club with all the old guys for me ,Ill save the sun worshipping for the back garden .
What a sad story! :(

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on June 17, 2022, 11:54:52 AM
Enjoy!
Well it didnt go quite as planned . Too many young bucks on the sauce all day . When the volume went up ,a clear sign the charlie had been passed around it was only going to end one way .

And it did , I managed to drink up before plod arrived .  Back to the club with all the old guys for me ,Ill save the sun worshipping for the back garden . 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on June 17, 2022, 11:29:25 AM
Today is predicted to hit 30 degrees. I can't imagine anything worse. Having been clobbered with 2nd degree burns in Italy many years ago I learned my lesson and avoid it like the plague. I have even burned while sitting in the shade in Tunisia. I guess it's my beautiful fair skin!  :-*

So do you see the sun and rush to the beach or out into the park or garden shedding clothes in all directions? My daughter's neighbours (male) wear shorts all year round even in the snow - I dread to think what today might bring.  ;D
Today is a lowly 36, which is 10 degrees less than last week. The monsoon season is already in full flow in southern India, I can feel the temperature dropping day by day as the rains edge closer. I don't mind the heat but it just zaps the energy out of your legs: did a job in Dubai 20 years ago and it was 56 degrees, made working nigh on impossible. Local rag never reported anything above 49.9 as local laws meant 50 or above and you didn't have to work. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 17, 2022, 11:53:58 AM
I love it .  Working in it though is a different story , I did a full day yesterday ;D to get a job finnished ,it was a hard slog .

Having the day off today , a bit of gentle gardening ,a few cans to keep me going , a snooze in the shade and the pub garden later this afternoon .
Enjoy!

Streetwalker

I love it .  Working in it though is a different story , I did a full day yesterday ;D to get a job finnished ,it was a hard slog .

Having the day off today , a bit of gentle gardening ,a few cans to keep me going , a snooze in the shade and the pub garden later this afternoon . 

T00ts

Today is predicted to hit 30 degrees. I can't imagine anything worse. Having been clobbered with 2nd degree burns in Italy many years ago I learned my lesson and avoid it like the plague. I have even burned while sitting in the shade in Tunisia. I guess it's my beautiful fair skin!  :-*

So do you see the sun and rush to the beach or out into the park or garden shedding clothes in all directions? My daughter's neighbours (male) wear shorts all year round even in the snow - I dread to think what today might bring.  ;D