Pregnant? - speechless!

Started by T00ts, June 17, 2022, 10:16:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2022, 06:27:07 PM
I'm of the opinion that Mr Sinclair, at the age of 66, should have been adult enough to accept that if one form is used for everybody there are bound to be questions that would be superfluous if applied to one specific individual.

But I'll refine my earlier post — the answers were either Yes or No.

Why throw a tantrum — especially if (as the report says) Mr Sinclair, 66, is so concerned for the people who need his blood...?
Perhaps he was making a stand for all those who believe that this has been foisted on the population and is nonsensical.

patman post

I'm of the opinion that Mr Sinclair, at the age of 66, should have been adult enough to accept that if one form is used for everybody there are bound to be questions that would be superfluous if applied to one specific individual.

But I'll refine my earlier post — the answers were either Yes or No.

Why throw a tantrum — especially if (as the report says) Mr Sinclair, 66, is so concerned for the people who need his blood...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2022, 04:52:03 PM
Mr Sinclair is 66.

He claims he's angry because there are vulnerable people waiting for blood, including children, and they've been denied his blood because of the obligation to answer a question that can't possibly be answered.

Mr Sinclair, 66, refuses to answer a simple question on a form for all donors that needed just a:
• Yes, 
• No,
• Not Applicable

Mr Sinclair is 66...
Are you saying it is his fault for leaving the box blank?

Then take this into consideration:

QuoteLast night Professor Marc Turner, director of SNBTS, said: 'We appreciate the support of each and every one of our donor community and thank Mr Sinclair for his commitment over a long number of years. Whilst pregnancy is only a relevant question to those whose biological sex or sex assigned at birth is female, [highlight]sex assigned at birth is not always visually clear to staff.[/highlight]

'As a public body we take cognisance of changes in society around how such questions may be asked without discrimination and have a duty to promote inclusiveness – therefore all donors are now asked the same questions.'

Perhaps he needs more discerning staff with a modicum of common sense.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Mr Sinclair is 66.

He claims he's angry because there are vulnerable people waiting for blood, including children, and they've been denied his blood because of the obligation to answer a question that can't possibly be answered.

Mr Sinclair, 66, refuses to answer a simple question on a form for all donors that needed just a:
• Yes, 
• No,
• Not Applicable

Mr Sinclair is 66...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...