Main Menu

General Strike?

Started by T00ts, June 21, 2022, 10:20:46 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I doubt if the rail strike will effect the popularity or otherwise of the Johnson government.

Here's why: potential Tory voters will be split be into those who think the current industrial unrest is a symptom of the declining state of "Johnson's Britain" and those who support the PM's opposition to the strikers.

I doubt if there will be a general strike because the unions with low-paid members don't have much time for those with high-paid members like the RMT.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on June 21, 2022, 10:20:46 PM
As far as I have seen so far the talk is, bin men, teachers, barristers, doctors, rail, postmen and Spain's Easyjet crews are all jumping onto the Strike bandwagon. It has even been suggested that the Union Chiefs are doing Putin a favour. Is that so laughable? Perhaps, but I guess the Unions are simply sick of Starmer getting more splinters as he watches his MPs supporting the strike while he hides on a fence somewhere.

It seems that the war is between the media and the Unions while those elected hide somewhere.
Starmer is a spineless, unprincipled, integrity-free zone.

He'll not come off the fence without first consulting the focus groups and opinion polls. Then he will do whatever he thinks will be popular without caring whether or not it is right.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

As far as I have seen so far the talk is, bin men, teachers, barristers, doctors, rail, postmen and Spain's Easyjet crews are all jumping onto the Strike bandwagon. It has even been suggested that the Union Chiefs are doing Putin a favour. Is that so laughable? Perhaps, but I guess the Unions are simply sick of Starmer getting more splinters as he watches his MPs supporting the strike while he hides on a fence somewhere. 

It seems that the war is between the media and the Unions while those elected hide somewhere.