Ballet white elitist!

Started by T00ts, July 17, 2022, 10:21:56 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 06:39:49 PM
I have just done it and it is not difficult, but when you are old and alone and no one loves you ...................

It has taken me three weeks to put up 6 square metres of plaster board. It was fun, but maybe I should not have told everyone to sod off and leave me to it.  :)
Is there a violin playing in the background as well?  Dancing  Better slow but sure they say!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2022, 05:39:00 PM
Where there's a will there's a way!  ;D I have done it and it's not too difficult. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXtOQLnDAoU

I have just done it and it is not difficult, but when you are old and alone and no one loves you ...................

It has taken me three weeks to put up 6 square metres of plaster board. It was fun, but maybe I should not have told everyone to sod off and leave me to it.  :)

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 19, 2022, 05:15:30 PM
In sixth form we were 'forced' to take one subject for one session a week that had nothing to do with our academic studies. This was to give us a rest from burnout

For my six subject slots I chose Computer Studies that took two, Typing, Plumbing, Motor Maintenance and Bricklaying.

The computer studies gave me an O Level which to this day remains my only formal IT qualification.

Typing saw me and three similar nerdy high IQ only just adults in a class with 35 drop dead gorgeous fifth formers my definition above the age of consent. It was a terrible struggle but somehow I focussed on the keyboard enough to end with 45wpm. My wife on hearing this of course scoffs as such a pitiful performance would have got me nowhere... I beg to differ ... it got me right where I wanted to be

The others gave me a basic knowledge as a head start in the various subjects

But I wish to god I'd abandoned the drop dead gorgeous women option and done plastering instead. The damage done to our ceilings 20 years ago by the water leak from the header tank was quickly stopped but I've no idea how to rectify the ceiling plasterboard damage and it's just plain ugly.
Where there's a will there's a way!  ;D I have done it and it's not too difficult.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXtOQLnDAoU

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 04:55:43 PM
It was a unique experience a few months ago to find not a single bar in Cardiff bay would take my money at 3pm. Moira and I had to get on the bus (free, fortunately, at our age) and go to the city centre

where we found our rail tickets wouldn't work because the (there is a word, I can't use it) decided to make Cardiff central have a ban on off peak tickets from 3:30 to 6:30 they never have at Cardiff bay and never used to have at Cardiff central

f**k them

and my father taught me to do most forms of copper and sanitary plumbing by the time I was 16. Are your lot particularly disinterested (in which case paddling in shit for a while ought to fix that) or have you been lax in your education provision ??

I never did anything for the education of my children and grandchildren other than to stand open mouthed mouthed at their numerous achievements and to put my hand into my pocket when necessary. But the adults are all have successful and well paid careers and the youngsters seem headed in the same direction and I can't see their lack of DIY abilities holding them back.

I can't see how they are supposed to end up wallowing in their own excreta. If push comes to shove they will simply head for Bute Town or wherever the dinghies wash up in Newport, offer some cash and get the someone to do the job for them. Alternatively they will ply me with Lavazza coffee and Sainsbury's double chip chocolate cookies and get the job done free and for nothing.
There are no dinghies washing up in Bute Town any more 

They built a barrage to keep out the riff raff

That washes up at Newport now...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2022, 04:22:36 PM
I do feel that there is something in the genes that predetermines an aptitude. My mum was hopeless though so it missed her. My late husband was extremely handy and could build great walls and once a huge raised patio with dry stone boundaries - brilliant - he always had the knack of picking up the exact stone that would fit. Plumbing on the other hand although he knew and understood what to do, he freely admitted escaped him. Every joint he completed leaked. He was 'helping' me with a new bathroom and confessed in the end that he would be more help to me on the golf club course. He was right - great though when I needed some brute strength. On the plus side he was a superb organiser and very much a people person. However he was a great tiler!
In sixth form we were 'forced' to take one subject for one session a week that had nothing to do with our academic studies. This was to give us a rest from burnout 

For my six subject slots I chose Computer Studies that took two, Typing, Plumbing, Motor Maintenance and Bricklaying.

The computer studies gave me an O Level which to this day remains my only formal IT qualification.

Typing saw me and three similar nerdy high IQ only just adults in a class with 35 drop dead gorgeous fifth formers my definition above the age of consent. It was a terrible struggle but somehow I focussed on the keyboard enough to end with 45wpm. My wife on hearing this of course scoffs as such a pitiful performance would have got me nowhere... I beg to differ ... it got me right where I wanted to be

The others gave me a basic knowledge as a head start in the various subjects

But I wish to god I'd abandoned the drop dead gorgeous women option and done plastering instead. The damage done to our ceilings 20 years ago by the water leak from the header tank was quickly stopped but I've no idea how to rectify the ceiling plasterboard damage and it's just plain ugly.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

It was a unique experience a few months ago to find not a single bar in Cardiff bay would take my money at 3pm. Moira and I had to get on the bus (free, fortunately, at our age) and go to the city centre

where we found our rail tickets wouldn't work because the (there is a word, I can't use it) decided to make Cardiff central have a ban on off peak tickets from 3:30 to 6:30 they never have at Cardiff bay and never used to have at Cardiff central

f**k them

and my father taught me to do most forms of copper and sanitary plumbing by the time I was 16. Are your lot particularly disinterested (in which case paddling in shit for a while ought to fix that) or have you been lax in your education provision ??

I never did anything for the education of my children and grandchildren other than to stand open mouthed mouthed at their numerous achievements and to put my hand into my pocket when necessary. But the adults are all have successful and well paid careers and the youngsters seem headed in the same direction and I can't see their lack of DIY abilities holding them back.

I can't see how they are supposed to end up wallowing in their own excreta. If push comes to shove they will simply head for Bute Town or wherever the dinghies wash up in Newport, offer some cash and get the someone to do the job for them. Alternatively they will ply me with Lavazza coffee and Sainsbury's double chip chocolate cookies and get the job done free and for nothing.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 19, 2022, 04:02:56 PM

f**k them

I do feel that there is something in the genes that predetermines an aptitude. My mum was hopeless though so it missed her. My late husband was extremely handy and could build great walls and once a huge raised patio with dry stone boundaries - brilliant - he always had the knack of picking up the exact stone that would fit. Plumbing on the other hand although he knew and understood what to do, he freely admitted escaped him. Every joint he completed leaked. He was 'helping' me with a new bathroom and confessed in the end that he would be more help to me on the golf course. He was right - great though when I needed some brute strength. On the plus side he was a superb organiser and very much a people person. However he was a great tiler! 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 11:29:04 AM
Sounds like Cardiff, where most of the faces are white but the Welsh language is kept alive by English academics and the immigrants are required to do the donkey work.

Just had a text explaining that although the daughter's new house has three bathrooms, none of them really work and would the bestest father in the entire world like to visit soon. The honest answer should be that they have at least four Phds in the household and that with Speedfit being the plumbers' version of Lego there is nothing that they can't fix themselves, so no, I sodding well would not. Plus, I like Cardiff but the bloody place shuts at 6 pm.

Unfortunately, Herself has gotten the same text and, as usual, no one is asking my opinion

F@@@ them

and my father taught me to do most forms of copper and sanitary plumbing by the time I was 16. Are your lot particularly disinterested (in which case paddling in shit for a while ought to fix that) or have you been lax in your education provision ??

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 03:26:23 PM
I can't see what can go wrong with modern DIY equipment 
I can when it comes with no "destructions," or when it does it is in "Japlish" or "Chinglish." Or recently made Germany with instructions in Russian. (That is a mystery.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 03:34:03 PM
It is an odd thing Toots, but none of my daughter's lot could drive a nail into a wall without, well, generally messing things up. I used to think they were taking the Mick but no, they genuinely are massively cack handed. All of them, down to the 13 year old grand daughter could write a thesis on the social and economic implications of driving nails into walls but as to actually doing it, well, possibly not. :)
I'm lucky then. Both mine take after me and apparently their great grand mother. The story goes that between my mother leaving for school and arriving home a room would be completely newly decorated by her mother. I admit that as a little girl I was always right alongside my Dad and whatever project he was engaged in from gardening to DIY and his mantra to me was if you can read you can do anything. He died before Youtube vids but would have loved them.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 19, 2022, 11:38:52 AM
Dancing  Dancing  But it's the season of goodwill. No doubt you will end up fixing plumbing right through all the festivities and be the toast of the crowd throughout the New Year. On the other hand you could teach them how. I always find that a good ploy. I have an outside sensor light to replace that has had the audacity to fail over the last couple of days. What a nerve! You'd think that these gadgets would have the decency to avoid bad weather and festive moments wouldn't you?

It is an odd thing Toots, but none of my daughter's lot could drive a nail into a wall without, well, generally messing things up. I used to think they were taking the Mick but no, they genuinely are massively cack handed. All of them, down to the 13 year old grand daughter could write a thesis on the social and economic implications of driving nails into walls but as to actually doing it, well, possibly not. :)

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 19, 2022, 11:40:21 AM
I agree, in the nearest town to me is a shop called "Plumb Crazy," they sell everything necessary for "Destroy-It-Yourself" plumbing/bathroom/toilet work and have assistants ancient and experienced enough to give you advice.

That is to my way of working. I always expect something to go wrong so don't like to start over the holidays when the shops are shut. To be honest, I can't see what can go wrong with modern DIY equipment other than the supplies of Lavazza coffee running short, but God can be a funny old bugger at times and I don't like to take risks
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 11:29:04 AMThe honest answer should be that they have at least four Phds in the household and that with Speedfit being the plumbers' version of Lego there is nothing that they can't fix themselves, so no, I sodding well would not.
I agree, in the nearest town to me is a shop called "Plumb Crazy," they sell everything necessary for "Destroy-It-Yourself" plumbing/bathroom/toilet work and have assistants ancient and experienced enough to give you advice.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 19, 2022, 11:29:04 AM
Sounds like Cardiff, where most of the faces are white but the Welsh language is kept alive by English academics and the immigrants are required to do the donkey work.

Just had a text explaining that although the daughter's new house has three bathrooms, none of them really work and would the bestest father in the entire world like to visit soon. The honest answer should be that they have at least four Phds in the household and that with Speedfit being the plumbers' version of Lego there is nothing that they can't fix themselves, so no, I sodding well would not. Plus, I like Cardiff but the bloody place shuts at 6 pm.

Unfortunately, Herself has gotten the same text and, as usual, no one is asking my opinion
Dancing  Dancing  But it's the season of goodwill. No doubt you will end up fixing plumbing right through all the festivities and be the toast of the crowd throughout the New Year. On the other hand you could teach them how. I always find that a good ploy. I have an outside sensor light to replace that has had the audacity to fail over the last couple of days. What a nerve! You'd think that these gadgets would have the decency to avoid bad weather and festive moments wouldn't you? 

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 19, 2022, 10:24:47 AM
Not likely.

In LiDL stores in Bristol the predominant language is still English and the faces are predominantly white. Not so in Newport where the council and the Tw** in the bay have operated a policy of sanctuary for anyone arriving by rubber boat.

Algerie Francais !