"A tolerant and welcoming country."

Started by papasmurf, January 20, 2020, 07:46:34 AM

« previous - next »

Ratcliff

Quotethe country is far less tolerant and far less welcoming than it was 40 years ago

Maybe media reporting has changed? I think this country is very tolerant of all

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13716 time=1579517715 user_id=89
That is just one dataset. It is because I do get out that frankly the country is far less tolerant and far less welcoming than it was 40 years ago.

All political correctness has done is stop people being open about it.

Like I said. Try going to some other countries. With a bit of luck you won't come back.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13715 time=1579517293 user_id=50
Right. So 103,000 recorded "hate crimes". About 0.1% recorded out of a population of about 65 million. And this somehow means Britain is not a "tolerant and welcoming" country.

It's you that needs to get out more. Try going to some of the Middle East countries and how tolerated and welcome you feel there.

That is just one dataset. It is because I do get out that frankly the country is far less tolerant and far less welcoming than it was 40 years ago.

All political correctness has done is stop people being open about it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13712 time=1579514644 user_id=89
I have posted them before but just for you:-

Just look at the first page.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/839172/hate-crime-1819-hosb2419.pdf">https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/839172/hate-crime-1819-hosb2419.pdf

Right. So 103,000 recorded "hate crimes". About 0.1% recorded out of a population of about 65 million. And this somehow means Britain is not a "tolerant and welcoming" country.

It's you that needs to get out more. Try going to some of the Middle East countries and how tolerated and welcome you feel there.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13704 time=1579512025 user_id=50
What "evidence"? Link please. To use your own parroted response to everything anyone else claims.

I have posted them before but just for you:-

Just look at the first page.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/839172/hate-crime-1819-hosb2419.pdf">https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/839172/hate-crime-1819-hosb2419.pdf

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13698 time=1579509834 user_id=89
I have no choice but to believe the opposite, given the evidence. I would love to know where all these "multicultural integrated idylls" are.

Various types of "ist" attacks both verbal and physical on the increase, (much worse since the referendum.)

On a personal level I have received abuse for talking to homeless people in the street.

I got strange looks for giving a black biker a biker handshake and a hug. (He happens to be a serving soldier with several medals.)

Sorry but Britain is not a tolerant and welcoming country.

What "evidence"? Link please. To use your own parroted response to everything anyone else claims.

Streetwalker

I have no choice but to believe the opposite, given the evidence. I would love to know where all these "multicultural integrated idylls" are.

Various types of "ist" attacks both verbal and physical on the increase, (much worse since the referendum.)

On a personal level I have received abuse for talking to homeless people in the street.

I got strange looks for giving a black biker a biker handshake and a hug. (He happens to be a serving soldier with several medals.)

I have spent the last 20 odd years protesting about immigration ,foreign workers and their impact on British society . I along with all that  have joined in this protest has (as far as I know ) ever directed their anger toward individuals but at the governments that have allowed it .

Maybe your in the wrong part of the country papa , never seen anything like your describing in London and were supposed to be the unfriendly part of the country

cromwell

Well good on you for talking to the homeless and shaking the black bikers hand and not being dissuaded by the moronic abuse or strange looks.

But those strange looks and abuse are not the sum total of this country and its people,the point I was trying to make in my original post though is we all have some intolerances both you and me but it shouldn't be viewed as wholesale.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=13694 time=1579508028 user_id=48

I do believe though that we are still a tolerant nation at heart,but when you say people should get out more the inference is you believe the opposite.

cromwell

Well of course because of uncontrolled immigration and failure to recognise that policy has been blinded to flaws in law enforcement and public protection in pursuit of what is labelled politically correct rather than common sense.

The media need to share some of the blame as does the interwebby which we use here is also a place where the outrageous and lies can be peddled to the gullible.

I do believe though that we are still a tolerant nation at heart,but when you say people should get out more the inference is you believe the opposite.

Perhaps they should visit Cornwall and be told they're pub professors or worse and told to eff off because their views don't align with yours. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Over the last few years politicians, pundits, and "luvvies" keep stating along the lines of "Britain is a tolerant and welcoming country."

I suggest they need to get out more.