So, what was the point of Brexit?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 19, 2023, 05:28:52 PM
The impending food shortages in Britain will mainly be caused by Brexit. Inflation is a lot worse in Britain than it is in our near European neighbors.

That is where a bit of Tory self reliance comes in Pappy. We grow most of our own food so are pretty much ok in that respect. And you are childless and have been mortgage free for the last thirty years so must have sackloads of cash sitting in the back. It is your poor mates who are waiting for the government to hold their hands and run their lives for them that I feel sorry for.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 19, 2023, 05:01:06 PM
I just answered that, how about you either accept the world inflation rates and reasons for world food shortages or contest the data I showed? Either way, asking the same question twice won't get you a different answer.

The impending food shortages in Britain will mainly be caused by Brexit. Inflation is a lot worse in Britain than it is in our near European neighbors.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 19, 2023, 02:39:05 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Brexit hasn't hampered dealing with the UK's highest food prices in 45 years, UK cost of living at an all-time high, inflation stubbornly in double figures (higher than in France, Germany, and Spain), many business sectors not crying out for competent staff, and efforts to stop Paris manoeuvring itself into becoming the financial capital of Europe?

On top of this, there is EU legislation still on the statute books, and the govt can't even get agreement on how to deal with it.

Brexit didn't even help or hinder the Covid vaccine roll out as member states were in no way obliged to take part in the EU's joint vaccine procurement scheme — though there was a fear that supply chain disruption could be caused by the introduction of new customs checks.

So what are the tangible benefits of Brexit that are so obvious they could be enticing other EU members to also leave...?

I just answered that, how about you either accept the world inflation rates and reasons for world food shortages or contest the data I showed? Either way, asking the same question twice won't get you a different answer. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 19, 2023, 02:39:05 PM

So what are the tangible benefits of Brexit that are so obvious they could be enticing other EU members to also leave...?

I can see no benefits of Brexit at all. (Other than is will cost all the Cornish Tory MPs their seats at the next general election.)

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 18, 2023, 10:47:36 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Brexit has caused double digit inflation in half the countries of the world? Bollox!!
Are you trying to tell me that Brexit hasn't hampered dealing with the UK's highest food prices in 45 years, UK cost of living at an all-time high, inflation stubbornly in double figures (higher than in France, Germany, and Spain), many business sectors not crying out for competent staff, and efforts to stop Paris manoeuvring itself into becoming the financial capital of Europe?

On top of this, there is EU legislation still on the statute books, and the govt can't even get agreement on how to deal with it.

Brexit didn't even help or hinder the Covid vaccine roll out as member states were in no way obliged to take part in the EU's joint vaccine procurement scheme — though there was a fear that supply chain disruption could be caused by the introduction of new customs checks.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on January 18, 2023, 10:47:36 PM
The Ukraine was one of the largest grain suppliers in the world, you'll be amazed which products rely on grain.

Here is an article by your beloved EU outlining the world issue, not Brexit issue, but worldwide.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/thinktank/en/document/EPRS_BRI(2022)733667

Are you trying to tell me that Brexit has caused double digit inflation in half the countries of the world? Bollox!!

When globalists make all the decisions of life and death while playing at being God, maybe they should consider the lives they destroy, even worse maybe they do.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 18, 2023, 10:19:24 PM
So Covid and the War caused has caused the highest food prices in 45 years, cost of living to be at an all-time high, and inflation stubbornly in double figures, kept EU legislation on the statute books, and resulted in many sectors crying out for competent staff?

Even the latest crowed about 0.2% drop in the inflation rate isn't pulling this administration's chestnuts out of the fire, or stop Paris from becoming the financial capital of Europe.

There are claims that the UK is winning in the race to attract technical investment among developed nations. The fact is that the money is investing in British workers' serfdom rather than brains and innovation...

The Ukraine was one of the largest grain suppliers in the world, you'll be amazed which products rely on grain. 

Here is an article by your beloved EU outlining the world issue, not Brexit issue, but worldwide. 

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/thinktank/en/document/EPRS_BRI(2022)733667

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 18, 2023, 07:07:50 PM
Caused by Covid and a war, but let's forget that and blame it on Brexit.
So Covid and the War caused has caused the highest food prices in 45 years, cost of living to be at an all-time high, and inflation stubbornly in double figures, kept EU legislation on the statute books, and resulted in many sectors crying out for competent staff? 

Even the latest crowed about 0.2% drop in the inflation rate isn't pulling this administration's chestnuts out of the fire, or stop Paris from becoming the financial capital of Europe.

There are claims that the UK is winning in the race to attract technical investment among developed nations. The fact is that the money is investing in British workers' serfdom rather than brains and innovation...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 18, 2023, 05:54:24 PM
So what's the point of Brexit?

With the highest food prices in 45 years, cost of living at an all-time high, and inflation stubbornly in double figures, EU legislation still on the statute books, and so many sectors crying out for competent staff, what was the point of Brexit — and where are its "oven ready" deals and agreements of substance...?
Caused by Covid and a war, but let's forget that and blame it on Brexit.

patman post

So what's the point of Brexit?

With the highest food prices in 45 years, cost of living at an all-time high, and inflation stubbornly in double figures, EU legislation still on the statute books, and so many sectors crying out for competent staff, what was the point of Brexit — and where are its "oven ready" deals and agreements of substance...?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 18, 2023, 02:47:11 PM
You used terminology implying it was/is a huge problem with large numbers. I politely ask again where have you got that information. (I can't find anything to back up your contentions.)
I live in a massive farming community, it is now a problem because farmers won't pay the going rate, they have to pay PLI, ELI, eNIC's, WPP, HP, SP, plus they are not getting paid by the EU to grow FA.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 18, 2023, 03:02:24 PM
So now you are defending the Tories?
Tories did not exits back in 1190. (There was another extermination before that as well.)

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Baff

And your raising of this point demonstrates the exact same thing Gery's comments do.
An enmity for this country.

A desire to paint us evil and talk us down.

We know you and we will never follow you. To lead us you must offer us a vision of ourselves that we wish to be.

There is no point telling us we have to be beholden to the EU.  No one will follow where you lead.
Just as it is Gery's culture to paint us as his oppressors and rebel against our rule, it is our own to live free of European powers and to rebel against theirs.