How many things…

Started by Nick, August 17, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 11, 2023, 11:25:42 AM
Gerry, I think you are going senile. You have thrown list list at me 3 times and I have proved it to be most tosh.
On the list this time, about 4 down is a Fisherman that has apparently gone under due to lack of fishing quota, UK quotas have increased by 30,000 tons since we left the EU.
Have you actually looked up anything on this list and seen the real reasons they have gone bust.

These are all examples that say brexit was a part or a major contributor to their job losses /business failure. In the exact example you quote, you totally missed the point, prob because you didn't read the article. it says

in a damning critique of the Brexit settlement on fisheries, and the subsequent failure to defend UK distant-waters quotas, Jane Sandell, CEO of UK Fisheries, said: "First and foremost, we're devastated to be losing a dozen skilled and loyal crew members from the UK Fisheries fleet, and will be doing everything we can to help them find new roles within the industry.

The reason this business went under is BREXIT, now you'll prob come back with "well the business should have adapted, should have properly planned. But that's just you and your head stuck in the ground. If you're so stupid not to realise that brexit brought barriers to business. Barriers such as delays, paperwork, restrictions (as above) to businesses that couldn't sustain their business post brexit.

Brexit was and is a disaster, you refuse to see it. Maybe with time, long after we are all dead, and prob our children are dead, things will change. Some legacy you've left them.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 11, 2023, 10:20:37 AM
Well if they care about the price the issue is most likely a local tax issue, if you look at my example, nearly half the price is local tax. Yes a global issue such as the Russian war will affect things, but ordinarily its domestic tax decisions.

If you want to see a list of brexit related job losses you can follow the below. OF course you will deny all this as sticking your head in the ground and repeating that "Brexit is good EU is bad" works for you.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-digby-jones-index-2/

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/news/brexit/
Gerry, I think you are going senile. You have thrown list list at me 3 times and I have proved it to be most tosh.
On the list this time, about 4 down is a Fisherman that has apparently gone under due to lack of fishing quota, UK quotas have increased by 30,000 tons since we left the EU.
Have you actually looked up anything on this list and seen the real reasons they have gone bust.

Quote from: Nick on February 23, 2022, 11:57:44 AM
Oh yes, your big list!!
I started looking at it a while a go and this is how far I got before I realised it was nonsense.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 09, 2023, 05:05:19 PM
Nobody gives a damn about the makeup of the pump price, they care about the total on the pump when they've filled up. And your beloved EU's fuel prices are higher than ours. BTW Jerry your big list of companies that were pouring out of the U.K. never happened.

Well if they care about the price the issue is most likely a local tax issue, if you look at my example, nearly half the price is local tax. Yes a global issue such as the Russian war will affect things, but ordinarily its domestic tax decisions.

If you want to see a list of brexit related job losses you can follow the below. OF course you will deny all this as sticking your head in the ground and repeating that "Brexit is good EU is bad" works for you.

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-digby-jones-index-2/

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/news/brexit/

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 08, 2023, 10:59:12 AM
Fuel prices are more about local taxes, your simple view on things doesn't work. Who said fuel price increases was because of brexit, nigel in the local chipper ?  You need to look at your got fiscal policy as a whole, not one specific line item.

Currently in IRL
Petrol 1.65c L. Pre tax price 85c L
Diesel 1.66c L pre tax price 96c L
Source AA Ireland
Nobody gives a damn about the makeup of the pump price, they care about the total on the pump when they've filled up. And your beloved EU's fuel prices are higher than ours. BTW Jerry your big list of companies that were pouring out of the U.K. never happened. 

GerryT

Fuel prices are more about local taxes, your simple view on things doesn't work. Who said fuel price increases was because of brexit, nigel in the local chipper ?  You need to look at your got fiscal policy as a whole, not one specific line item.

Currently in IRL
Petrol 1.65c L. Pre tax price 85c L
Diesel 1.66c L pre tax price 96c L
Source AA Ireland

Nick

Fuel prices in Austria and Italy are higher than the UK. Another this that's blamed on Brexit. Germany is equally high also. 

Austria

Italy

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2023, 02:07:21 PM
Have you ever thought that it wasn't posted for your benefit, perhaps someone who constantly blames everything on Brexit!!
Have you ever thought if you only want him to see something you could send him a private message?

Because if you post nonsense about Brexit with jibe: ' our Remainer members are awfully quiet.' then one of those other 'remainer members' might just think you were having a stupid dig at them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2023, 02:07:21 PM
Have you ever thought that it wasn't posted for your benefit, perhaps someone who constantly blames everything on Brexit!!
No-one blames everything on Brexit.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 17, 2023, 10:56:06 AM
I suggest you look at your own 'The proof that Brexit isn't responsible for UK issues keeps coming'

That you feel the need to post something so obviously not 'proof' of what is a silly blanket assertion suggests you feel guilty about those UK issues that can be linked to Brexit.  Some can, some really can't.  The real world isn't black and white.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2023, 10:51:59 AM
I would suggest you look at the title of this thread and OP.
I suggest you look at your own 'The proof that Brexit isn't responsible for UK issues keeps coming'

That you feel the need to post something so obviously not 'proof' of what is a silly blanket assertion suggests you feel guilty about those UK issues that can be linked to Brexit.  Some can, some really can't.  The real world isn't black and white.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 17, 2023, 10:31:47 AM
So your logic is that because some people are stupid, it's OK for you to post stupid counter conclusions.  As I said, bizarre.
I would suggest you look at the title of this thread and OP. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2023, 10:07:26 AM
It's not bizarre at all. We keep being told that all the things that are happening in the UK like labour shortages, strikes etc are a direct result of Brexit. I'm just showing that the exact same things are occurring across the globe.
So your logic is that because some people are stupid, it's OK for you to post stupid counter conclusions.  As I said, bizarre.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on March 17, 2023, 10:07:26 AM
It's not bizarre at all. We keep being told that all the things that are happening in the UK like labour shortages, strikes etc are a direct result of Brexit. I'm just showing that the exact same things are occurring across the globe.
Nick it is you who assumes that. The labour shortages in Britain have been exacerbated by Brexit. They are worse than in the EU.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on March 17, 2023, 09:38:52 AM
What a bizarre piece of non logic ^

I guess to you if there's a car accident in Lille it's proof Brexit is fine.  if you actually read and understood your link you'd see it's proof the EU allows sovereign member nations to do the important things their own way and of course France does tend to screw up such.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on March 16, 2023, 11:23:24 PM
The proof that Brexit isn't responsible for UK issues keeps coming, strangely our Remainer members are awfully quiet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64984374
What a bizarre piece of non logic ^

I guess to you if there's a car accident in Lille it's proof Brexit is fine.  if you actually read and understood your link you'd see it's proof the EU allows sovereign member nations to do the important things their own way and of course France does tend to screw up such.