How many things…

Started by Nick, August 17, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on April 14, 2023, 05:09:08 AM
Have you got a link to Farage uttering the words £350 million anytime before 2016?
As for bent Bananas, it's not far off the truth in the way the EU sets it rules.

I can read perfectly thanks, I see your punctuation hasn't improved with the change of name.
You wont like this but i have quite a few stating he said it it was costing us £50m a day in February 2013 off the back of the EU budget BEFORE Cameron and Clegg went off on their own lie-fest about getting the best deal they could hope for.

Go on. Just Google Farage £50 million a day and the search engine will flood your screen. 

The ONS page that shows the actual amount going was nearer £43 million is harder to find, and fails to remind people what came back had EU-applied restrictions on what it could be spent on. Although even the EU bum sucking BBC were forced to admit the claims every pound we got back had conditions on what we could spend it on, but failed to mention that all the Objective One Funding had to be match funded by funds garnered from ADDITIONAL taxation.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 13, 2023, 10:54:07 PM
I didn't say 'the £350M on the bus' did I.  Please learn to read

The £350M a week lie started with Farage's £50M a day lie c 2010

The lies like the bent bananas lies started c 2000 when Boris was European correspondent for the Telegraph

And they all had an effect

You claimed that Leave voters had long decided to vote leave despite, now you strangely want to limit it to after all those lies and use false dates.  I'm starting to guess you were one of those in the Vote Leave lie room churning our Sebia is joining lies for Facebook messaging to swing voters using illegally funded lists.
Have you got a link to Farage uttering the words £350 million anytime before 2016?
As for bent Bananas, it's not far off the truth in the way the EU sets it rules.

I can read perfectly thanks. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

As i point out from time to time, when the berk with the hair got off his battle bus right as i walked back to the office clutching my morrissons salad, i called the T@@@ the 'REMAIN campaigns greatest secret weapon for that bloody lie there' and he admitted with a terribly sheepish look that he knew it was wrong but 'we were where we were' whatever that meant. Maybe i should have offered him a piece of cake.

Farage made his comment in Feb 2013 after Cameron had come back from a knockabout in Brussels where he knocked 60 billion Euros off the total EU budget bringing it down to a meagre 903 billion euros 

Google is your friend if you want to find the quotes

In 2013 the actual amount handed over as recorded by the ONS was about 43 million a day. 

In a 2014 Newsnight (in 2014 we were far more eurosceptic) LABOUR leavers stated that for every £2 we send to the EU we get about £1 back but each one comes with an instruction on what it must be spent on - including those bloody infamous blue and yellow signs praising the EU for funding it

What Labour's Leavers failed to say was that outside of agriculture every pound so acquired had to be match funded by a pound raised from taxation of the people

So in fact for every £2 we sent to Brussels we got about £1 back and were only allowed to spend 50-60p of that on projects showing the EU in a positive light and only then if an additional penny was raised in taxation of the british to match every penny the EU allowed us to spend.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2023, 07:58:29 PM
What kind of politico are you stating something is set in stone when announced in a manifesto? Ask SW when he finally believed we were going to get a referendum, I'm betting circa when Cameron announced the date, almost certainly not from a manifesto pledge.

As for the highlighted bit, one of the most ridiculous statements on the forum ever. The lies started about Brexit in 2000 and the £350 million on the bus in 2010. What are you smoking.

And you think the public voted leave based on this mumbo jumbo. The truth is that Remain tried to scare the voters and the British voted leave to show them they won't be intimidated. The Scot's and the Irish not being British voted to remain.

🎣
I didn't say 'the £350M on the bus' did I.  Please learn to read

The £350M a week lie started with Farage's £50M a day lie c 2010

The lies like the bent bananas lies started c 2000 when Boris was European correspondent for the Telegraph

And they all had an effect

You claimed that Leave voters had long decided to vote leave despite, now you strangely want to limit it to after all those lies and use false dates.  I'm starting to guess you were one of those in the Vote Leave lie room churning our Sebia is joining lies for Facebook messaging to swing voters using illegally funded lists.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 13, 2023, 07:36:45 PM
Actually it was effectively announced when he issues his 2015 GE manifesto and then won.  [highlight]The lies actually started around 2000 and the infamous £350M a week lie started c 2010.[/highlight]  Without which you would never have got above 10 million votes.

And seems you don't know much about sample sizes and error bands.  Don't ever try and get a job in any industry where statistical process control is used Nick, you'd just never get it.
What kind of politico are you stating something is set in stone when announced in a manifesto? Ask SW when he finally believed we were going to get a referendum, I'm betting circa when Cameron announced the date, almost certainly not from a manifesto pledge. 

As for the highlighted bit, one of the most ridiculous statements on the forum ever. The lies started about Brexit in 2000 and the £350 million on the bus in 2010. What are you smoking. 

And you think the public voted leave based on this mumbo jumbo. The truth is that Remain tried to scare the voters and the British voted leave to show them they won't be intimidated. The Scot's and the Irish not being British voted to remain. 

🎣 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2023, 05:48:39 PM
Your absolutely worthless graph is showing data 2 years before a referendum was announced. Cameron announced it if Feb 2016, therefore before that people we being asked a non question, plus it is based on a 1005 people, the % error is massive based on such a small cross section.
Actually it was effectively announced when he issues his 2015 GE manifesto and then won.  The lies actually started around 2000 and the infamous £350M a week lie started c 2010.  Without which you would never have got above 10 million votes.

And seems you don't know much about sample sizes and error bands.  Don't ever try and get a job in any industry where statistical process control is used Nick, you'd just never get it.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2023, 05:52:46 PM
As for lies.

We were told Armageddon would hit based on the result.
All foreign car industry would leave overnight. None of which is true, in fact JLR are investing 100's of Millions into EV technology in the midlands, I've just go a lengthy contract out of them.
Go on then Nick, post up links to show you're not just another leaver liar by showing where the Remain campaign said any of that

Bet you can't

Nick

As for lies. 

We were told Armageddon would hit based on the result. 
All foreign car industry would leave overnight. None of which is true, in fact JLR are investing 100's of Millions into EV technology in the midlands, I've just go a lengthy contract out of them. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 13, 2023, 01:19:24 PM
How ironic that you 100% suppose what I have.  Unfortunately for you, I have facts

Fact:  opinion polls showed a massive element of swing voting in the run up to that referendum.  Your solid base of decided leavers was ~25% of voters IE as I said about half the votes you needed.  Your Boris and co lied and cheated to get the rest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150618173649/https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/Polmon_June15_lableaders_topline2.pdf

Your absolutely worthless graph is showing data 2 years before a referendum was announced. Cameron announced it if Feb 2016, therefore before that people we being asked a non question, plus it is based on a 1005 people, the % error is massive based on such a small cross section. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2023, 11:29:05 AM
100% supposition, you have no clue what percentage of people where persuaded by campaigning. Same on the remain side, shit loads of lies.
How ironic that you 100% suppose what I have.  Unfortunately for you, I have facts

Fact:  opinion polls showed a massive element of swing voting in the run up to that referendum.  Your solid base of decided leavers was ~25% of voters IE as I said about half the votes you needed.  Your Boris and co lied and cheated to get the rest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150618173649/https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/Polmon_June15_lableaders_topline2.pdf

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 13, 2023, 09:09:22 AM
Nope

Maybe half the 17 million had long decided to vote leave never enough to get you even close to the line.  The rest were swing voters persuaded by the torrent of lies mainly from Boris and Farage and illegal campaigning and fraudulent accounts organised by Gove. 

It's a shabby, dishonest and ultimately pyrrhic victory.  Best you make sure you don't brag about it in front of those that have lost their jobs, careers, houses and more over it.  Especially with a doctors strike on.
100% supposition, you have no clue what percentage of people where persuaded by campaigning. Same on the remain side, shit loads of lies. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 13, 2023, 06:12:01 AM
On the other hand . How many companies and individuals lost out when we joined the EEC / EU ?  Rules on procurement ,government contracts ,Fishing boats destroyed , post office being split up , builders being undercut , low wage entry level jobs for our kids being taken by 30 year old EU workers , ect , ect , ect .

Worldwide problems have put a bit of a dampener on progress but really if companies cant sort out a bit of paperwork when dealing with exports to the EU they need to have a look at their business model . As alluded to above we have had to deal with worse during our occupation and if it takes 50 years to unravel it it will be a worth it .
Not all companies (in fact most companies) trade by small numbers of high value deliveries.  One of the huge ironies of Brexit is Farage went on and on about how the EU harmed the interest of small companies and then his beloved Brexit shafted so many of them.  When your business is about thousands of sub £10 orders many of them exports then the extra 'taking control' paperwork kills that business.  

Just one of many articles on the matter:  https://www.cityam.com/brexit-has-made-our-life-more-difficult-say-two-thirds-of-all-small-businesses-across-britain/

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 13, 2023, 08:09:13 AM
Our economic growth is predicted to be worse, we shall see. ATM we are ahead of France and 14 other European countries using the last figures.
The people that voted Brexit, for which there are a few on here, voted leave based on years worth of decisions, not based on a few months campaigning.
Nope

Maybe half the 17 million had long decided to vote leave never enough to get you even close to the line.  The rest were swing voters persuaded by the torrent of lies mainly from Boris and Farage and illegal campaigning and fraudulent accounts organised by Gove.  

It's a shabby, dishonest and ultimately pyrrhic victory.  Best you make sure you don't brag about it in front of those that have lost their jobs, careers, houses and more over it.  Especially with a doctors strike on.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 12, 2023, 09:47:17 PM
How strange then that our economy if suffering worse than others that have very much also suffered from Covid and the Russian invasion.  What you call an 'unhappy marriage' was looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

But yes we're out now and not getting back anytime soon if ever.  The priority now is to punish the guilty leading figures who lied and lied and cheated to get to the 17 million votes.  You defend them and their disgusting deeds if you like.
Our economic growth is predicted to be worse, we shall see. ATM we are ahead of France and 14 other European countries using the last figures.
The people that voted Brexit, for which there are a few on here, voted leave based on years worth of decisions, not based on a few months campaigning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on April 12, 2023, 04:39:22 PM
No you didn't. You dismissed the articles, where companies outline why brexit has caused them to move/downsize/close due to brexit. Nobody said Brexit was the only reason, but its a contributing factor that makes UK companies less competitive to their EU counterparts. A slight loss can spell disaster.
On the other hand . How many companies and individuals lost out when we joined the EEC / EU ?   Rules on procurement ,government contracts ,Fishing boats destroyed , post office being split up , builders being undercut , low wage entry level jobs for our kids being taken by 30 year old EU workers , ect , ect , ect .

Worldwide problems have put a bit of a dampener on progress but really if companies cant sort out a bit of paperwork when dealing with exports to the EU they need to have a look at their business model . As alluded to above we have had to deal with worse during our occupation and if it takes 50 years to unravel it it will be a worth it .