How many things…

Started by Nick, August 17, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 20, 2023, 05:36:38 AM
Specsavers? I'm sitting on my veranda drinking Havana Club in Guanabo, Cuba, oh the woes of Brexit.
Ah so you expect someone to go to a dis-information site and then follow links to legitimate information? How about you link the serious stuff in the first place?
That would have been to plagiarise the point that author made without giving them due credit.

Enjoy Cuba

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 20, 2023, 12:08:46 AM
Did you not see the reference links given in that tweet?

Specsavers will be open for you in a few hours
Specsavers? I'm sitting on my veranda drinking Havana Club in Guanabo, Cuba, oh the woes of Brexit. 
Ah so you expect someone to go to a dis-information site and then follow links to legitimate information? How about you link the serious stuff in the first place?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 10:29:25 PM
But you still have to use Twitter as your font of knowledge, says a lot.
Did you not see the reference links given in that tweet?

Specsavers will be open for you in a few hours

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 19, 2023, 09:11:59 PM
More Brits believe the Earth is flat then believe Brexit is going very well  https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1648284505222914048
But you still have to use Twitter as your font of knowledge, says a lot. 

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 19, 2023, 05:46:29 PM
Based on what.
The rest of the EU went through covid and the Russia issue. The G8 also. BUt when you look at the UK performance since brexit against those same countries, yes the UK is dropping like a brick performance wise. Estimates by the OBR put the UK worse off by 4% because of Brexit.

A recent poll showed that only 3 areas of the UK don't think brexit was a mistake. That is different to them thinking they should rejoin, but there is a general consensus that brexit was a mistake. It's been a failure on many fronts.
Where's the latest figures, not estimates. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: GerryT on April 19, 2023, 05:46:29 PM
Based on what.
The rest of the EU went through covid and the Russia issue. The G8 also. BUt when you look at the UK performance since brexit against those same countries, yes the UK is dropping like a brick performance wise. Estimates by the OBR put the UK worse off by 4% because of Brexit.

A recent poll showed that only 3 areas of the UK don't think brexit was a mistake. That is different to them thinking they should rejoin, but there is a general consensus that brexit was a mistake. It's been a failure on many fronts.
More Brits believe the Earth is flat then believe Brexit is going very well  https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1648284505222914048 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 19, 2023, 04:06:33 PM
And I can understand that POV and I know to some the economic impact of Brexit was a bargain to get that freedom.  But it wasn't to most so they had to be conned into voting for it.

Worth remembering that a lot of those Brussels rules were supported by and at times even initiated by the UK.  So in or out we'd have had the same rules.
All politico's to some extent con the public into their way of thinking . You win some and you lose some ..

Rules is rules but as someone once said they are for the suppression of the workers and the guidence of the bosses

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 01:43:55 AM
That's your blinkered bollox. Do me a list where Covid and Russia is mentioned, it will be almost the exact same list.
Based on what.
The rest of the EU went through covid and the Russia issue. The G8 also. BUt when you look at the UK performance since brexit against those same countries, yes the UK is dropping like a brick performance wise. Estimates by the OBR put the UK worse off by 4% because of Brexit.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on April 19, 2023, 02:34:59 PM

I don't give a crap.

It is bad enough being given orders by the low grade incompetents at Westminster without a load of bollocks from Brussels.
And I can understand that POV and I know to some the economic impact of Brexit was a bargain to get that freedom.  But it wasn't to most so they had to be conned into voting for it.

Worth remembering that a lot of those Brussels rules were supported by and at times even initiated by the UK.  So in or out we'd have had the same rules.

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 19, 2023, 10:07:06 AM

No I didn't because contrary to so many leaver myths they only actually instructed us on relative trivia 

I don't give a crap.

It is bad enough being given orders by the low grade incompetents at Westminster without a load of bollocks from Brussels.
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 19, 2023, 06:32:44 AM
I  dont think any of us Leavers blamed the EU for anything ,it was just a hook to draw in a few of the undecided Union Flag . Allowing the EU to instruct us on what should have been National issues was the fault of successive weak governments who signed away , gave away our soverienty.
Well who do you mean by 'us leavers'?  Many leavers blamed the EU for all sorts of things most often our supposed economic malaise (when actually EU membership helped make us a G6 country)

Did you notice how the EU 'instructed us' on speed limits, criminal laws, who we went to war with or not, pensions, benefits, media regulations, devolution, Schengen membership, currency etc etc etc

No I didn't because contrary to so many leaver myths they only actually instructed us on relative trivia  

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on April 18, 2023, 10:00:49 AM
We have our own nutters over here, people driving around in Z cars promoting Russia. Take a look at Clare Daily or Mick Wallace (aka commie clare and moscow mick), two Irish MEP's, utter disgrace. The embarrassing thing is they might get voted back in !!
But regards Brexit, yes there are countries with their Eurosceptic population, but the example that the UK is giving is greatly reducing the likelihood of any other country following suit. The big difference in most other EU countries is they haven't been blaming the EU on everything that's gone wrong for the past 40 years. They can also see what's going on, they don't have the likes of some UK politicians saying brexit is a resounding success.
I  dont think any of us Leavers blamed the EU for anything ,it was just a hook to draw in a few of the undecided Union Flag . Allowing the EU to instruct us on what should have been National issues was the fault of successive weak governments who signed away , gave away our soverienty.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 17, 2023, 07:12:09 PM
Take out brexit and you won't have a list
That's your blinkered bollox. Do me a list where Covid and Russia is mentioned, it will be almost the exact same list. 

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 18, 2023, 06:41:55 AM
The UK Parliament also promoted the EU ;)  . In many EU states including Germany  you will find eurosceptic parties sitting on the opposition  benches . We didn't even have that and voted to leave .

Suffice to say , we wont be the last .

We have our own nutters over here, people driving around in Z cars promoting Russia. Take a look at Clare Daily or Mick Wallace (aka commie clare and moscow mick), two Irish MEP's, utter disgrace. The embarrassing thing is they might get voted back in !!
But regards Brexit, yes there are countries with their Eurosceptic population, but the example that the UK is giving is greatly reducing the likelihood of any other country following suit. The big difference in most other EU countries is they haven't been blaming the EU on everything that's gone wrong for the past 40 years. They can also see what's going on, they don't have the likes of some UK politicians saying brexit is a resounding success.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on April 17, 2023, 08:57:49 PM
The cost for leaving is far in excess of what the UK was paying, that's been shown and posted here many times. Its costs far more than the circa 150m a week the UK was paying. Why do you think the big boys like Germany promote the EU, its the benefits that all members have, large and small.
The UK Parliament also promoted the EU ;)  . In many EU states including Germany  you will find eurosceptic parties sitting on the opposition  benches . We didn't even have that and voted to leave .

Suffice to say , we wont be the last .