The hosepipe ban and immigration

Started by Borchester, August 17, 2022, 11:44:11 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on August 17, 2022, 11:44:11 AM
About an hour ago I got a text from Thames Water telling me that there will be a hosepipe ban starting 24 August.

And about ten minutes afterwards I got another from a couple of kids who help out once in a while and asking if I want any help with the watering.

The children belong to a very nice, old fashioned Somali family who have brought the youngsters up to respect and help their elders. And as far as their parents are concerned the kids can have such fruit as is going, but otherwise they are expected to break their backs for grumpy old sods like me for bugger all. That does not make sense to either the kids or me as we all think that any for free is worth what you pay for it.

But none of us what a row with their mum, so I have negotiated a price and told them that the money will be in the usual place.

And that is why the UK needs more immigrants.
Teach them to carry the hod borky and I will give them a start . The trouble with Africans though is that they want the easy jobs like water carrying 
We dont need more immigrants we need our services to work so old feckers like you and me can stand out in the garden of an evening with a glass of scotch in one hand and a hosepipe in the other 

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on August 17, 2022, 02:29:22 PM
Rain and sleet mix is being chuckled down, here in N16 — yes, it's a working-from-home day — almost to the minute that my Weather App predicted. I think I can hear a little distant thunder, too...

PS — not so distant now, I can see lightning flashes...
We had a mini flash flood in southwest Devon yesterday. I was driving back from the beach with a friend. Luckily it never rained whilst we were on the beach. A part of the road was flooded several inches deep with water......had to drive through it very carefully. Other cars turned around, deciding not to risk it. Ironic since we also visited Burrator reservoir whose level was lower than I've seen it at any time since 1976, and was about as low as it got then. We need the rain.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Rain and sleet mix is being chuckled down, here in N16 — yes, it's a working-from-home day — almost to the minute that my Weather App predicted. I think I can hear a little distant thunder, too...

PS — not so distant now, I can see lightning flashes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

About an hour ago I got a text from Thames Water telling me that there will be a hosepipe ban starting 24 August.

And about ten minutes afterwards I got another from a couple of kids who help out once in a while and asking if I want any help with the watering.

The children belong to a very nice, old fashioned Somali family who have brought the youngsters up to respect and help their elders. And as far as their parents are concerned the kids can have such fruit as is going, but otherwise they are expected to break their backs for grumpy old sods like me for bugger all. That does not make sense to either the kids or me as we all think that any for free is worth what you pay for it.

But none of us what a row with their mum, so I have negotiated a price and told them that the money will be in the usual place.

And that is why the UK needs more immigrants.
Algerie Francais !