Main Menu

I object!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM
Reading through posts today I have become fully aware of the name calling of Liz Truss. Suddenly she is every kind of reptile and that's possibly the kindest reference. Why?

Sunak is the better choice - why? I doubt both but why is it ok to call Truss such names? You don't like her? Then don't vote for her, but why is the abuse before she even takes office ok? If the fear is that she is Maggie Mark 2, so what? Someone needs to take this country by the throat and give it some tough love before it completely implodes. If she manages that I'll give her credit.
Sunak is a people pleaser but mostly for himself. He has already said he won't lend his services to a Truss Government and that shows how much he cares about this country. If he has such political talent and cares he should be willing to serve in any role. I should think he is already booking interviews in the USA, for his next job.

I don't like it but whoever gets the job of leader of the Conservatives and the next PM they should be given the chance to prove their worth. Some are so desperate that she might actually prove herself - they are running scared.
I'm glad you posted this. The woman has not even got in yet and lizard and reptile are being thrown at her by the misogynists.
The name calling just shows the mindset of the posters, rather than denigrating a woman who has had a pretty decent career in politics.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 10:38:04 AM
But when I called Starmer steamer on here because he reminded me of one when walking the dog and she did what dogs do and it was a cold night and it did steam.

You we're amused,politicians have always been called names even the good ones and is not the reason we're in a mess the reason is those at the helm are carpet baggers.
True - but isn't that a lot gentler than some of the things Truss is being called and accused of? 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 10:17:32 AM
Sunak is very astute diplomatically, so astute in fact that he has bent in all directions for months with only one aim - PM. Watch him run if he loses now. He certainly did a magnificent job for the economy in his very short time at the treasury. We only have to look where we are now to find proof of it.
You are not alone and the culture of name calling is half the reason that politics is such a mess. While it continues we will only get politicians who are there for the wrong reasons. There is no easy way out of the dilemma we are in and it's going to hurt whoever we put in the hot seat. Anyone who tells it differently is probably lying.
But when I called Starmer steamer on here because he reminded me of one when walking the dog and she did what dogs do and it was a cold night and it did steam.

You we're amused,politicians have always been called names even the good ones and is not the reason we're in a mess the reason is those at the helm are carpet baggers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 10:07:43 AM
Lizard Truss is a place on words T00ts. And isn't anything worse than the shit that Corbyn and Starmer have put on them on here or anywhere else I might add.

And why is Sunak better than Truss you ask? Because Truss's tax cuts will bankrupt the country whilst handing huge dividends to the rich. Also, Thatcher Mark II is something we all should be worried about. I noticed she has just insulted Macron a key ally at this time don't you think? That isn't to say Sunak is much better, I do want you to understand that. But out of the two, it is Sunak who has a better handle on the economy and it is Sunak who is significantly more diplomatically astute.
Sunak is very astute diplomatically, so astute in fact that he has bent in all directions for months with only one aim - PM. Watch him run if he loses now. He certainly did a magnificent job for the economy in his very short time at the treasury. We only have to look where we are now to find proof of it. 

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 10:08:31 AM
I cannot tell a lie 'twas me who named her reptile and so she is,cold blooded and if she does take the country by the the throat I predict it will be  as a boa constrictor.

Calling names isn't likely to hurt her she isn't going to be reading here is she?
You are not alone and the culture of name calling is half the reason that politics is such a mess. While it continues we will only get politicians who are there for the wrong reasons. There is no easy way out of the dilemma we are in and it's going to hurt whoever we put in the hot seat. Anyone who tells it differently is probably lying. 

cromwell

I cannot tell a lie 'twas me who named her reptile and so she is,cold blooded and if she does take the country by the the throat I predict it will be  as a boa constrictor.

Calling names isn't likely to hurt her she isn't going to be reading here is she?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM
Reading through posts today I have become fully aware of the name calling of Liz Truss. Suddenly she is every kind of reptile and that's possibly the kindest reference. Why?

Sunak is the better choice - why? I doubt both but why is it ok to call Truss such names? You don't like her? Then don't vote for her, but why is the abuse before she even takes office ok? If the fear is that she is Maggie Mark 2, so what? Someone needs to take this country by the throat and give it some tough love before it completely implodes. If she manages that I'll give her credit.
Sunak is a people pleaser but mostly for himself. He has already said he won't lend his services to a Truss Government and that shows how much he cares about this country. If he has such political talent and cares he should be willing to serve in any role. I should think he is already booking interviews in the USA, for his next job.

I don't like it but whoever gets the job of leader of the Conservatives and the next PM they should be given the chance to prove their worth. Some are so desperate that she might actually prove herself - they are running scared.

Lizard Truss is a place on words T00ts. And isn't anything worse than the shit that Corbyn and Starmer have put on them on here or anywhere else I might add.

And why is Sunak better than Truss you ask? Because Truss's tax cuts will bankrupt the country whilst handing huge dividends to the rich. Also, Thatcher Mark II is something we all should be worried about. I noticed she has just insulted Macron a key ally at this time don't you think? That isn't to say Sunak is much better, I do want you to understand that. But out of the two, it is Sunak who has a better handle on the economy and it is Sunak who is significantly more diplomatically astute. 

T00ts

Sunak is the better choice - why? I doubt both but why is it ok to call Truss such names? You don't like her? Then don't vote for her, but why is the abuse before she even takes office ok? If the fear is that she is Maggie Mark 2, so what? Someone needs to take this country by the throat and give it some tough love before it completely implodes. If she manages that I'll give her credit. 

I don't like it but whoever gets the job of leader of the Conservatives and the next PM they should be given the chance to prove their worth. Some are so desperate that she might actually prove herself - they are running scared.