Main Menu

I object!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AMI don't like it but whoever gets the job of leader of the Conservatives and the next PM they should be given the chance to prove their worth. 
In Liz Truss's case she's already collected a lot of "baggage", much of it recently, that will ensure the has no honeymoon period when / if she becomes PM.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 12:17:52 PM
Perhaps a bit on the late side but I do here and now.
Fair enough.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 26, 2022, 12:02:44 PM
Indeed the entire nation is in a mess. But whose fault is this?

We have had 43 years of thatcherite economics let rip. The tories themselves have been in power for all but 13 of those years, including the last 12. So if the economy and just about everything else here is falling apart, whose fault is that?

And you are happy to go along with, even laugh along with, insults of politicians you don't like. So it is not a principled stand you are making here but a hypocritical one. It is ok to be insulting towards politicians unless you like them in which case it is not. Sorry, but most of us won't buy that.

I have called Truss a reptile recently in reference to her cold-blooded attitude. How is that wrong when it is ok to call Corbyn Wurzel? Political insults go with the territory and you either take a principled stand against all of them or stop complaining about it. Insults being ok against people you don't like but beyond the pale against those you do is not a principled position but an overtly hypocritical one.
Perhaps a bit on the late side but I do here and now. 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 11:34:46 AMThe economy is a nightmare and mismanaged for decades.
Indeed the entire nation is in a mess. But whose fault is this?

We have had 43 years of thatcherite economics let rip. The tories themselves have been in power for all but 13 of those years, including the last 12. So if the economy and just about everything else here is falling apart, whose fault is that?

And you are happy to go along with, even laugh along with, insults of politicians you don't like. So it is not a principled stand you are making here but a hypocritical one. It is ok to be insulting towards politicians unless you like them in which case it is not. Sorry, but most of us won't buy that.

I have called Truss a reptile recently in reference to her cold-blooded attitude. How is that wrong when it is ok to call Corbyn Wurzel? Political insults go with the territory and you either take a principled stand against all of them or stop complaining about it. Insults being ok against people you don't like but beyond the pale against those you do is not a principled position but an overtly hypocritical one.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 11:53:56 AM
Christ alive. When did this forum become a bunch of woke princess's? It isn't misogynist to call Truss a Lizard, the same way it isn't ageist calling Johnson a clown, racist for calling Patel useless or elitist calling Sunak pompous with a silver spoon up his ass. Liz Truss is without doubt someone who is going to make the Cost of Living Crisis worse and doesn't seem to have a diplomatic filter in her mannerisms. If she thinks she can get away acting like Thatcher did at a time we should be looking and defending allies then she simply isn't up for the job, the same way Johnson wasn't. She is also going to bankrupt the nation along with the poor by handing huge tax cuts to the rich. Say what you want about Sunak, he did say no tax cuts until inflation is under control.

Besides, it is a woman who I think can sort this country out anyway. Long Bailey. Get her in, and stick Truss in the Reptile cage. Not because she is a woman, but because she is a slimy operator.
Dancing Dancing Nothing to do with the colour of her political hypocrisy then eh? 

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 10:47:45 AM
I'm glad you posted this. The woman has not even got in yet and lizard and reptile are being thrown at her by the misogynists.
The name calling just shows the mindset of the posters, rather than denigrating a woman who has had a pretty decent career in politics.
Christ alive. When did this forum become a bunch of woke princess's? It isn't misogynist to call Truss a Lizard, the same way it isn't ageist calling Johnson a clown, racist for calling Patel useless or elitist calling Sunak pompous with a silver spoon up his ass. Liz Truss is without doubt someone who is going to make the Cost of Living Crisis worse and doesn't seem to have a diplomatic filter in her mannerisms. If she thinks she can get away acting like Thatcher did at a time we should be looking and defending allies then she simply isn't up for the job, the same way Johnson wasn't. She is also going to bankrupt the nation along with the poor by handing huge tax cuts to the rich. Say what you want about Sunak, he did say no tax cuts until inflation is under control.

Besides, it is a woman who I think can sort this country out anyway. Long Bailey. Get her in, and stick Truss in the Reptile cage. Not because she is a woman, but because she is a slimy operator.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 26, 2022, 11:39:45 AM
And with that opening remark you show your contempt for the struggling millions.
No not at all. I could well be one of them this Winter - but there has to be a better way. I have started another Economy thread to try and thrash it out. 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 11:34:46 AMOh gosh I can hear violins in the background.
And with that opening remark you show your contempt for the struggling millions. 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 11:34:46 AMHe has tried everything to get the vote.
Everything but actually tell those who are voting what they want to hear. He left most of that to Truss.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 10:47:45 AMlizard and reptile are being thrown at her by the misogynists.
It has nothing to do with misogyny and everything to do with her blinkered brand of prejudiced social assumptions and obvious ideological malice.

To assume we don't like her just because she is a woman is right up there on a par with playing the race card. Would be as bad as me saying you don't like Sunak because of racism. Which I am not saying, I hasten to add. So please stop trying to suggest we are woman haters just because we don't like Truss.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 26, 2022, 11:27:34 AM
The last thing this country needs right now is supposed "tough love", Thatcher style. The people need halp not a damned good kicking.

And yes perhaps it is wrong to insult her but I don't remember you ever objecting to Corbyn being called Wurzel and worse.

The anger of millions, reflected by some of us here, is borne of a situation where for year after year we have been getting poorer and it is reaching crisis point now, whilst those in charge always appear to be laughing all the way to the bank. There is a growingly widespread and intensifying feeling out there that the powers that be are taking the piss out of us.

And what do we get? Someone who resents help as handouts, thinks we are all getting poorer because we are lazy, is on record as wanting to charge us all for seeing a GP whilst cutting their salaries. Little wonder that so many of us are negative about her. We will continue to be if this is the kind of leader she turns out to be, though she can turn it around if she combines pragmatism with compassion and understanding, rather than being the blinkered ideologue behoven to prejudiced assumptions about people many of us suspect her to be.
Oh gosh I can hear violins in the background. For goodness sake stop assuming that anyone wearing a blue sticker wants everyone not Eton educated below the breadline. What is a handout as you call it going to achieve? Yes short term safety net but long term?

The economy is a nightmare and mismanaged for decades. My question is where do we need to put the taxes we pay? Perhaps I'll start a new thread.
Quote from: srb7677 on August 26, 2022, 11:30:28 AM
Strange then that he is not the one who has been feeding the party faithful all the soundbites they want to hear then,isn't it!
Don't kid yourself. He has tried everything to get the vote.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 10:17:32 AMSunak is very astute diplomatically, so astute in fact that he has bent in all directions for months with only one aim - PM.
Strange then that he is not the one who has been feeding the party faithful all the soundbites they want to hear then,isn't it!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AMIf the fear is that she is Maggie Mark 2, so what? Someone needs to take this country by the throat and give it some tough love before it completely implodes. If she manages that I'll give her credit. 
The last thing this country needs right now is supposed "tough love", Thatcher style. The people need halp not a damned good kicking.

And yes perhaps it is wrong to insult her but I don't remember you ever objecting to Corbyn being called Wurzel and worse.

The anger of millions, reflected by some of us here, is borne of a situation where for year after year we have been getting poorer and it is reaching crisis point now, whilst those in charge always appear to be laughing all the way to the bank. There is a growingly widespread and intensifying feeling out there that the powers that be are taking the piss out of us.

And what do we get? Someone who resents help as handouts, thinks we are all getting poorer because we are lazy, is on record as wanting to charge us all for seeing a GP whilst cutting their salaries. Little wonder that so many of us are negative about her. We will continue to be if this is the kind of leader she turns out to be, though she can turn it around if she combines pragmatism with compassion and understanding, rather than being the blinkered ideologue behoven to prejudiced assumptions about people many of us suspect her to be.

cromwell

I'm glad you posted this. The woman has not even got in yet and lizard and reptile are being thrown at her by the misogynists.
The name calling just shows the mindset of the posters, rather than denigrating a woman who has had a pretty decent career in politics.
Mysoginists?  Really? So calling Starmer Steamer is what?

You've hardly been backward in coming forward calling Biden......are you ageist?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

That's hardly fair. I do not see it as necessarily misogynist but more a sign that regardless of ability or gender it is almost par for the course to be as insulting as possible to politicians in general. As a woman of course I will defend women first and foremost, but that wasn't the only reason for the OP. Sadly it has become a culture to be as rude as we like to them when in fact I think we would get a lot more out of them and certainly more respect if we gave them some of the same.