Main Menu

I object!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on August 27, 2022, 09:28:27 AM
Let's make clear what I think right now.

As long as it is not racist, homophobic or whatever, a bit of name calling when it comes to our politicians is par for the course. So what if opponents want to call Corbyn Wurzel? Or Truss a reptile? It is a healthy way of expressing contempt for someone.

Yes there is a line we should not cross. Calling Corbyn a kiddy fiddler or Truss a sexual pervert would be a gross example of crossing that line and utterly unacceptable.

But I don't think that line should be too restrictive. I have called Johnson Bozo, Bozo the Clown, Spaffwaffle, to name but three. I have called Starmer Sir Wet Lettuce in the past.  Essentially where is the harm?
As I've said Steve the likelihood of any of them reading what's said here is minuscule though I believe the boundaries you mentioned correct the problems arise on here when it gets personal between posters.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Let's make clear what I think right now. 

As long as it is not racist, homophobic or whatever, a bit of name calling when it comes to our politicians is par for the course. So what if opponents want to call Corbyn Wurzel? Or Truss a reptile? It is a healthy way of expressing contempt for someone.

Yes there is a line we should not cross. Calling Corbyn a kiddy fiddler or Truss a sexual pervert would be a gross example of crossing that line and utterly unacceptable. 

But I don't think that line should be too restrictive. I have called Johnson Bozo, Bozo the Clown, Spaffwaffle, to name but three. I have called Starmer Sir Wet Lettuce in the past.  Essentially where is the harm?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 27, 2022, 12:09:19 AM
Insulted Macron ?

Bullshit, have you listened to what that granny shagging piece of shit has tried to do to us since he got into power ? I say Truss has been quite restrained.
Friend or Foe John. Friend or Foe.

Macron is looking out for the best interests of the French the same way Johnson did for the British. And they didn't start insulting the clown when they protested that the British were pumping sewage into the sea. But even if you sincerely believe that Macron is a Foe, which he certainly isn't, then you have to question both Biden and Johnson wisdom when they are going around the world saying the West has never been more united. Are we? Truss's arrogance and lack of diplomatic astute can't even work out that Macron is on our side when answering a very simple question.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 27, 2022, 12:09:19 AM
Insulted Macron ?

Bullshit, have you listened to what that granny shagging piece of shit has tried to do to us since he got into power ? I say Truss has been quite restrained.
TBF though John he does have an affinity with Wayne Rooney  ;)

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 10:07:43 AM
Lizard Truss is a place on words T00ts. And isn't anything worse than the shit that Corbyn and Starmer have put on them on here or anywhere else I might add.

And why is Sunak better than Truss you ask? Because Truss's tax cuts will bankrupt the country whilst handing huge dividends to the rich. Also, Thatcher Mark II is something we all should be worried about. I noticed she has just insulted Macron a key ally at this time don't you think? That isn't to say Sunak is much better, I do want you to understand that. But out of the two, it is Sunak who has a better handle on the economy and it is Sunak who is significantly more diplomatically astute.
Insulted Macron ?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 07:25:47 PM
God knows what relevance your response had to what you quoted but I will just leave this here...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poll-labour-conservative-starmer-johnson-b2133375.html%3famp

And we still have another two years of the clown show..

And how many times do we have to show polls have no reflection any longer on how people actually vote?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 07:15:46 PM
But then, your reasons are if you get rid of the Tories people will vote Labour but as the turnout figures say nothing of the kind you are on a real sticky wicket.

God knows what relevance your response had to what you quoted but I will just leave this here...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poll-labour-conservative-starmer-johnson-b2133375.html%3famp

And we still have another two years of the clown show..

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 06:43:56 PM
Hold your ground @cromwell, I have photo evidence you're onto something mate...

Christ alive, if you can't even discredit the government for being completely useless using metaphor then we best close the forum down for being woke. We didn't cry over discrediting Corbyn and Starmer gets a raw deal on here too. Soon we are all going to be calling Truss names because her policies are bollocks... even you Barry. Cromwell isn't being a misogynist the same way Nick wasn't when he called Long Bailey Wrong-Daily. Get that thought out of your system now before Truss gets a full on onslaught by every member on here.
But then, your reasons are if you get rid of the Tories people will vote Labour but as the turnout figures say nothing of the kind you are on a real sticky wicket.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 06:28:02 PM
If you are referring to this: https://pol-tics.com/general-chat/4/lets-have-some-fun/510/msg12223#msg12223

Then look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Rayner#:~:text=She%20left%20school%20aged%2016,she%20joined%20the%20Labour%20Party.

It was just facts.

Are you going to stop calling Liz Truss a reptile, or do you have no respect for her as a person?
And by her utterings I deem her cold bloodied,absolutely nothing to do with being female......though you already knew that.

The fact Rayner went from school to pregnant  you used to dismiss her and you knew that too

B0ycey

Hold your ground @cromwell, I have photo evidence you're onto something mate...

Christ alive, if you can't even discredit the government for being completely useless using metaphor then we best close the forum down for being woke. We didn't cry over discrediting Corbyn and Starmer gets a raw deal on here too. Soon we are all going to be calling Truss names because her policies are bollocks... even you Barry. Cromwell isn't being a misogynist the same way Nick wasn't when he called Long Bailey Wrong-Daily. Get that thought out of your system now before Truss gets a full on onslaught by every member on here.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 06:05:05 PM
You made an adverse comment about her,does that make you a mysoginist?
If you are referring to this: https://pol-tics.com/general-chat/4/lets-have-some-fun/510/msg12223#msg12223

Then look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Rayner#:~:text=She%20left%20school%20aged%2016,she%20joined%20the%20Labour%20Party.

It was just facts.

Are you going to stop calling Liz Truss a reptile, or do you have no respect for her as a person?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 06:09:36 PM
The debt is the govts it's ours......that's the point.
Not just ours but generations to come are sold to debt slavery.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 04:42:32 PM
Maybe you could point out which crisis over the last say 40 years didn't mean more debt for Government and more money pumped into corporate boardrooms while the plebs were left holding the baby, that might be interesting.
The debt is the govts it's ours......that's the point.

cromwell

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 04:47:37 PM
Which just had a loss of a disappearing $174 billion in 6 months, putting yourself up as a political genius certainly has its pitfalls.
I don't claim to be anything Sheepy. I just support nationalising key services, high wages, unions, a fairer tax system, the closing of loopholes, investment in transport, putting oil/gas profits into pensions, actually owning the gas and oils we have, a social safety net, unemployment benefits that are livable and all in all a fairer economic system than a low tax haven for the rich which the UK has become. You know, I support the Nordic model.