Teacher Imprisoned As Result Of Wrong Pronouns

Started by Scott777, September 08, 2022, 12:47:20 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on September 09, 2022, 04:42:15 PM

If the passport office change their stance on 'neutral speech' does that have any impact on what's 'good enough for you'?
Probably not 😂 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2022, 04:38:20 PM
I won't be using gender neutral speech, the passport office has refused to put neutral on the passport, that's good enough for me.

If the passport office change their stance on 'neutral speech' does that have any impact on what's 'good enough for you'?
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on September 09, 2022, 04:28:05 PM
The teacher was suspended, and asked not to attend the school while suspended. He refused to the extent that a court order was granted to stop him attending the school, which he chose to refuse, and so he is being punished for his refusal.

He can choose to obey the court order, or continue to refuse it.
If he finds the policies of the school unacceptable, and the school refuses to change them, then he should find employment with an employer that does have speech policies he finds acceptable.
In a nutshell.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on September 09, 2022, 04:28:05 PM
The teacher was suspended, and asked not to attend the school while suspended. He refused to the extent that a court order was granted to stop him attending the school, which he chose to refuse, and so he is being punished for his refusal.

If he finds the policies of the school unacceptable, and the school refuses to change them, then he should find employment with an employer that does have speech policies he finds acceptable.
I won't be using gender neutral speech, the passport office has refused to put neutral on the passport, that's good enough for me. 

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 on September 08, 2022, 03:37:37 PM
Which bit is confusing?  I didn't say or imply he was jailed for anything other than breaking a court order.  I made that quite clear.  So your conclusion seems to be that a court order must always be followed, no matter how absurd it is.  In this case, that you must use whatever pronouns are requested.  How about this; at your place of work, they decide to swap the words yes and no, you refuse to comply, and a court bans you.  Are you going to accept that?

Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on September 08, 2022, 12:47:20 PM
So, let's test the principles of people who think Tommy Robinson was justifiably imprisoned for contempt of court.  An Irish teacher has been imprisoned for contempt of court, after he was ordered to not attend the school, as he refused to use the requested pronouns.  Are we all in favour of this ruling?  Or does context mean something?  Does it matter what the contempt of court was for, or whether it was justifiable to have such a court order due to the wrong pronouns?  Or shall we apply a blanket principle, as court orders are always right, and must be obeyed?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11188359/Teacher-jailed-refusing-use-students-gender-neutral-pronoun-returns-court-today.html
If he defied the court and was jailed for contempt then no argument from me. 

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on September 08, 2022, 01:49:14 PM
And you are confusing the issue here,he was suspended on full pay pending a disciplinary hearing.

He wasn't imprisoned for refusing to use anything other than his  head,he was suspended and told not to return to the school pending that hearing,he returned defying an injunction and that's what he was gaoled for.

Is he entitled to his beliefs?certainly but the law should be followed and due process,you are trying to defend Yaxley Lennon again with this?

Which bit is confusing?  I didn't say or imply he was jailed for anything other than breaking a court order.  I made that quite clear.  So your conclusion seems to be that a court order must always be followed, no matter how absurd it is.  In this case, that you must use whatever pronouns are requested.  How about this; at your place of work, they decide to swap the words yes and no, you refuse to comply, and a court bans you.  Are you going to accept that?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on September 08, 2022, 12:47:20 PM
So, let's test the principles of people who think Tommy Robinson was justifiably imprisoned for contempt of court.  An Irish teacher has been imprisoned for contempt of court, after he was ordered to not attend the school, as he refused to use the requested pronouns.  Are we all in favour of this ruling?  Or does context mean something?  Does it matter what the contempt of court was for, or whether it was justifiable to have such a court order due to the wrong pronouns?  Or shall we apply a blanket principle, as court orders are always right, and must be obeyed?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11188359/Teacher-jailed-refusing-use-students-gender-neutral-pronoun-returns-court-today.html
And you are confusing the issue here,he was suspended on full pay pending a disciplinary hearing.

He wasn't imprisoned for refusing to use anything other than his  head,he was suspended and told not to return to the school pending that hearing,he returned defying an injunction and that's what he was gaoled for.

Is he entitled to his beliefs?certainly but the law should be followed and due process,you are trying to defend Yaxley Lennon again with this?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.