Lizz is going to be unpopular

Started by Sheepy, September 20, 2022, 04:30:52 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on September 23, 2022, 05:30:34 PM
Inflation was caused by commodity prices because the opportunity was there, if you don't want inflation take the temptation away. It was an open goal massive profiteering and an easy patsy in Vlad. Which will now cause another massive borrowing spree just like we said it would. Which will drive the pound down as the UK is way beyond it means. It doesn't matter who is in government. While at the same time sending weapons to Ukraine with no budget for doing so, which only means more borrowing.

I have already explained supply and demand on here last week and to be frank that kind of inflation there isn't much Truss can do unless she wants to reduce our consumption and work with the EU on bulk buying gas (so there are things she can do actually). Today's inflation is completely and utterly self inflicted. You are going to be buying (in real terms) more of the things you buy in other currencies, and with a consumer based economy (which the UK is) that is pretty much everything. And we don't even know if the falls has stopped yet. She is borrowing a fucking fortune and getting no tax in and that isn't exactly breeding confidence to investors. We have been here before with Argentina and to be frank if we actually had an economists in number 11, that would have been spelt out to the Dizzy Lizard before she bankrupt the nation. Instead Kwarteng said today will be a big day for the UK. He's fuckinh right. This will go down as Black Friday. The day the Lizard bankrupt the country.

Sean

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 04:03:00 PM
The Euro hasn't crashed Nick. It was mirrored on the Dollar when it was set up so anything above parity is actually a strength and considering the pound was once 1.40 a Euro three years ago and now its 1.12, you seriously need to take off your Brexit glasses when it comes to debating these things. The pound has crashed due to two things. The useless Lizard in number Ten and her even worse economic ideas.

Anyway, what use is a tax cut in your income when inflation is significantly above 1%? That isn't a trick question. That is merely a response to your wrong assertion of "What's not to like about a tax cut?" How about the impending inflation and parity of the pound because investors have no confidence in your spending and tax collection policy?
An extremely disgusting Conservative government. Faisal islam reporting sterling in freefall down to 37 year lows against the dollar.
As Rachel Reeve highlighted , its tax cuts for the richest ,price rises for the rest of us.
Another foot forward in the road to being the next government for Keir and our Labour party.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 03:36:16 PM
She's going to be unpopular because she is shit at her job Sheepy. Sunak told her and all the f**king dumbass Tories that before you start doing anything you must control inflation first. The pound has sunk since her premiership. Any benefit in tax cuts are lost with the rise in inflation. I have never seen such a f**k up in my life and the question is will the pound be on parity with the Dollar this month or the next?

She needs to resign, Sunak in sharpish.
Inflation was caused by commodity prices because the opportunity was there, if you don't want inflation take the temptation away. It was an open goal massive profiteering and an easy patsy in Vlad. Which will now cause another massive borrowing spree just like we said it would. Which will drive the pound down as the UK is way beyond it means. It doesn't matter who is in government. While at the same time sending weapons to Ukraine with no budget for doing so, which only means more borrowing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 02:25:39 AM
The last time we had unlimited bankers' bonusses it generated such unrestrained greed that they tanked the global economy in pursuit of their own selfish greed.

And you think that kind of "talent" needs encouraging again?
Actually the biggest problem then was that the bankers on those bonusses actualy had no idea what shit was being sold by their underlings. I was in the thick of it listening to the shitheads at the time.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 03:55:06 PM
The Euro has crashed also, is that Truss's fault also. 😆
The Euro hasn't crashed Nick. It was mirrored on the Dollar when it was set up so anything above parity is actually a strength and considering the pound was once 1.40 a Euro three years ago and now its 1.12, you seriously need to take off your Brexit glasses when it comes to debating these things. The pound has crashed due to two things. The useless Lizard in number Ten and her even worse economic ideas.

Anyway, what use is a tax cut in your income when inflation is significantly above 1%? That isn't a trick question. That is merely a response to your wrong assertion of "What's not to like about a tax cut?" How about the impending inflation and parity of the pound because investors have no confidence in your spending and tax collection policy?

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 01:12:13 PM

You are moving the goalposts now because that is not what you said.

As for growth, it badly dipped as a result of the crash and we only narrowly avoided a recession. But Brown's stimulus saw it soaring by the time the Tories took office. They killed it.
You've still not showed this roaring Steve. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 23, 2022, 03:36:16 PM
She's going to be unpopular because she is shit at her job Sheepy. Sunak told her and all the f**king dumbass Tories that before you start doing anything you must control inflation first. The pound has sunk since her premiership. Any benefit in tax cuts are lost with the rise in inflation. I have never seen such a f**k up in my life and the question is will the pound be on parity with the Dollar this month or the next?

The Euro has crashed also, is that Truss's fault also. 😆 

B0ycey

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 22, 2022, 01:15:03 PM
The bankers took us to the edge, the same crowd that our present government get so much financial support from.
The Labour government plugged the the hole they were pissing out of thank God.  No wonder we are where we are when the same people are now being told to line their pockets as much as they can before the curtain comes right down.

Cobblers for all of their promises we are back exactly where we started. That is a fact by the way.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 12:54:12 PM
Well you cannot credibly blame Labour for everything having gotten so much worse on every level these past 12 years when it was the Tories in power.
I don't because it is all cobblers it makes no difference who you think is in power. 

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 12:45:19 PM
Labour took the country to the edge of the cliff, threw us off and then handed it over to the Tories. The country was set on that path by Labour, but you keep blaming the Tories.

The bankers took us to the edge, the same crowd that our present government get so much financial support from.
The Labour government plugged the the hole they were pissing out of thank God.  No wonder we are where we are when the same people are now being told to line their pockets as much as they can before the curtain comes right down.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 01:01:44 PM
The point being Brown sold the gold off for electoral reasons which could have served us better during the 2008 crash.

As for soaring!! Don't think so.

You are moving the goalposts now because that is not what you said.

As for growth, it badly dipped as a result of the crash and we only narrowly avoided a recession. But Brown's stimulus saw it soaring by the time the Tories took office. They killed it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 12:39:09 PM
Brown sold all our gold at rock bottom prices to try and win a GE, this was always going to be a short term blip, and it was.

Well not everyone sees the holding of gold by the state as of any real use.
https://www.cityam.com/debate-gordon-brown-right-sell-off-governments-gold/

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2022, 12:51:36 PM
What are you talking about? The crash occurred in 2008, long after the gold reserves were sold off between 1999 and 2002. As a result of the stimulus that followed the crash, the growth rate was soaring by 2010. How could this have been something that resulted from something done a decade earlier?

Yes, it proved to be a blip, but only because Tory cuts killed it off.
The point being Brown sold the gold off for electoral reasons which could have served us better during the 2008 crash. 

As for soaring!! Don't think so. 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2022, 12:45:19 PM
Labour took the country to the edge of the cliff, threw us off and then handed it over to the Tories. The country was set on that path by Labour, but you keep blaming the Tories.
Well you cannot credibly blame Labour for everything having gotten so much worse on every level these past 12 years when it was the Tories in power.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.