Now for the good news — Guinness at £2.99 a pint

Started by patman post, September 20, 2022, 05:20:27 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2022, 09:15:55 PM
How many times you going to trott out the same crap?

He paid the furlough and told them if they wanted to find jobs to make up the rest he was happy for them to do it. But you know that cause I've told you over and over again, but you still post the same nonsense.
Nick, the man is a nasty piece of work. You are naive.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2022, 06:56:54 PM
Cor Blimey  sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52018360

Wetherspoon boss suggests staff could take jobs at Tesco

• Published
    24 March 2020

The boss of the Wetherspoon pub chain has said its staff can take jobs with supermarkets amid the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Tim Martin told 40,000 workers in a video that they should feel free to take jobs at retailers such as Tesco while Wetherspoon pubs remain closed.
How many times you going to trott out the same crap?

He paid the furlough and told them if they wanted to find jobs to make up the rest he was happy for them to do it. But you know that cause I've told you over and over again, but you still post the same nonsense.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2022, 07:03:26 PM
Sounds convincing.

But a chef friend tells me that not all fish bid best cooked fresh — my favourite whitefish, skate, apparently, needs to be a couple of days old to be at its best.

And even that seems to taste better down at the coast...
I think your chef mate is in a small minority,skate are best fresh.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2022, 06:23:34 PM
Probbly because it was caught that day.
Sounds convincing.

But a chef friend tells me that not all fish bid best cooked fresh — my favourite whitefish, skate, apparently, needs to be a couple of days old to be at its best.

And even that seems to taste better down at the coast...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2022, 06:17:37 PM
Question : Why does fish and chips taste so much better at the seaside?

I also like shellfish like cockles and mussels from the diminishing number of stalls outside east end pubs. And I like them in Southend too.

But fish and chips at the seaside just tastes better...
Probbly because it was caught that day.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Question : Why does fish and chips taste so much better at the seaside?

I also like shellfish like cockles and mussels from the diminishing number of stalls outside east end pubs. And I like them in Southend too.

But fish and chips at the seaside just tastes better...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Had a memorable seafood lunch in Whitstable earlier in the year. Oysters obviously featured, though we had a couple of bottles of Sancerre — there was a local wine offered, but experience has taught me to steer clear. 

Unfortunately, my input of wine was limited as Mrs decided I was the driver...

Barry

Or you can combine the taste of the sea with beer to drink Whitstable Bay Pale Ale. 
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:08:40 AM
They can sell guinness at 5p a pint and I still wouldnt buy the horrible stuff.

I'd have to be paid to drink it. lol
Some drinkers lace it with blackcurrant (I've not tried), others mix it with champagne or cider — both are great with a dozen oysters.

But I guess you'd probably have to be a trade union HQ official on expenses to sample such fare...

Edited  — missed out the expenses bit...

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:08:40 AM

The aftermath of drinking Guiness is very anti-social.

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 20, 2022, 07:41:57 PM
Maybe you hit a bad time. Round here, cellar management, line cleaning and barrel changing seems to be well handled by each shift...
I stopped being a member of Camra because of their glowing report about the Wetherspoons in Helston, it did not reflect the reality. Lack of cleanliness on the floor in front of the bar, slow service, when there were few customers and a lack of skills of the staff. The staff would not have been able to get a job in any other local pub due to the lack of training. (It was the same for a long time not just once.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 20, 2022, 07:41:57 PM
Maybe you hit a bad time. Round here, cellar management, line cleaning and barrel changing seems to be well handled by each shift...
I would agree , in fact I think they have really upped their game in recent years 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 20, 2022, 07:38:12 PM

Now the chain is offering low priced meals — 
Wetherspoons stopped doing what I call food some time ago. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2022, 07:32:52 PM
He is a terrible man.  The staff training is rubbish. Hardly anyone appears to know how to change a barrel.