Most hated or disliked British politician

Started by srb7677, September 21, 2022, 05:32:53 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

I think the real question is why would anyone want to be a politician in the first place?

Sooner or later they are going to bang on a door and meet some insane weasel, full of greed, hate and stupidity and try to make friends with them.

The game isn't worth the candle.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on September 21, 2022, 09:34:38 AM
I'm guessing you're the one who voted for Blair?

I would have too, were it not for the existence of Thatcher, the one politician I hated even more than him.
is correct
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 21, 2022, 01:17:36 PMTugenhat lacks even a shred of the dignity of the Mainwaring character and is simply a slimy, oily oozing m.f.
So you don't like him then? lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sampanviking

It would have been easy to vote for Blair and quite deservedly so.

I however voted other as my my front runner is the nauseating Tom Tugenhat
Tugenhat likes to play his military officer credentials, but he was only ever a territorial, which is the Home Guard, which makes him little more than Captain Mainwaring
The difference though is that Tugenhat lacks even a shred of the dignity of the Mainwaring character and is simply a slimy, oily oozing m.f.

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2022, 11:00:07 AM
Is he hated?

Disliked. Despised. Regarded as useless in improving the life of Londoners, are all candidates for describing the worst ever older of the office.

I suggest only extremists or mentally challenged usually hate any of those the rest of us class as politicians...
There are in fact few politicians I have actively hated as opposed to merely disliked for their politics.

But I did genuinely hate Thatcher and to a lesser extent Blair for what they actually did and stood for in both cases.

I am not an extremist I assure you and although I have my mental health issues re anxiety, they are not of a kind that leave me mentally challenged or deranged in any way.

Hating someone for what they do and stand for can be a normal thing, as long as it is not so excessive as to cause you to want to hurt them. I do not hate even these two politicians so intensely that I would have wanted to do either of them any personal harm.

Had I ever come across either in a life threatening situation, I wouldn't have hesitated to save them if I could.

So perhaps hate is too strong a word, but to say I merely dislike them would be understating it. Probably something in between.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Hatred is too strong a word, I don't hate any of them. Some of them are less easy to love. Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 21, 2022, 05:52:10 AM
You missed one of the front runners , Sad Kant the weasle of London
Is he hated?

Disliked. Despised. Regarded as useless in improving the life of Londoners, are all candidates for describing the worst ever older of the office.

I suggest only extremists or mentally challenged usually hate any of those the rest of us class as politicians...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 21, 2022, 09:31:50 AM
Bit like pop idol,in reverse and everyone's a winner :D
I'm guessing you're the one who voted for Blair? 

I would have too, were it not for the existence of Thatcher, the one politician I hated even more than him.

cromwell

Bit like pop idol,in reverse and everyone's a winner :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

I have a very long list, other than Thatcher, it would include all Tory DWP ministers bar one.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 21, 2022, 05:52:10 AM
You missed one of the front runners , Sad Kant the weasle of London
Yes, he is unpopular with quite a few, especially on the right. Fact is I could have easily thought up twice as many names but the poll would have been too unwieldy. I had to stop somewhere. With hindsight I'd have been better off posting his name instead of David Owen's who will only be remembered by people of a certain age and is only a figure of disrespect to a few on the left. Saddiq Khan is a lot more current.

And in all honesty I just didn't think of him in time.

Streetwalker

You missed one of the front runners , Sad Kant the weasle of London 

srb7677

Which British politician since the election of Thatcher in 1979 do you most dislike.

Difficult to pick just one when there are so many I know, lol