Whose side are they on?

Started by srb7677, September 23, 2022, 10:10:09 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on September 26, 2022, 09:20:41 AM
Everyone is losing folks, the big losers as ever are the worst off. The Budget is lope sided that's for sure.
A penny in the pound on What? I ask you. But that's hardly the point, inflation 10.0% , the pound decimated, the lowest it's been since the Tories last rocked it's value. Energy  costs increased by over100%  the countries services struggling to function, government borrowing through the roof. Interest rates taking more money out of peoples pockets.
And this from a party that likes tell you only a labour government can break your country.
But never mind millionaires will have another £55,000 to hide away in the West Indies,

But they are on your side Good Old, you are just not screaming loud enough for the EU yet. You see when politicians like Blair say people will change their minds, that means they are planning making you do so. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Everyone is losing folks, the big losers as ever are the worst off. The Budget is lope sided that's for sure.
A penny in the pound on What? I ask you. But that's hardly the point, inflation 10.0% , the pound decimated, the lowest it's been since the Tories last rocked it's value. Energy  costs increased by over100%  the countries services struggling to function, government borrowing through the roof. Interest rates taking more money out of peoples pockets.
And this from a party that likes tell you only a labour government can break your country.
But never mind millionaires will have another £55,000 to hide away in the West Indies, 

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 07:41:25 AM
No Streetwalker, the clown had to go. Nobody wants the clown back. But if the best the Tories have are a Johnson clone whose economic policies is to bankrupt the country then not only does the clown have to go, so does the whole Tory party. Get Sunak in now to sort this f**king mess out now.... and that is NOW!!!!
Too late , the Johnson haters sacked him when they got rid of his boss . Sunak was at the party and had a sip of non alcoholic wine and a slice of cake . Not fit for office , got fined for breaking lockdown rules after he lied that he didnt attend ,the man is a criminal !

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on September 26, 2022, 07:33:45 AM
No I don't, but those are the people who are better off from this and those are the donors of the Tory led vote who gave the useless Lizard her job. But it should be said sterling is now at a record low and 1.06 to a dollar. So no Patman, most of us certainly are not going to be better off given inflation has swallowed up any yax gains returned. And I wonder, has the falls even stopped. Kwantang even implied more tax cuts are to come. WTF!!!

Let me tell you a funny story, the very people who are receiving a tax cut and no bonus cap are also betting against the pound, how ironic is that, enjoy.

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 26, 2022, 07:13:14 AM
Thats what the liberal Conservatives , the Labour party , the BBC and the backstabbers who worked without thought to get rid of Johnson are saying .

Now we actually have a Conservative party (economically) the opposition on realising they have scored one hell of an own goal are going into meltdown .

Bring back Boris  they cry , what exactly did they expect when they kicked him out ? Well whatever it was it wasnt Liz Truss economics thats for sure .

I just hope she confronts the other challenges of government with the same political vigour .
No Streetwalker, the clown had to go. Nobody wants the clown back. But if the best the Tories have are a Johnson clone whose economic policies is to bankrupt the country then not only does the clown have to go, so does the whole Tory party. Get Sunak in now to sort this fucking mess out now.... and that is NOW!!!!

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2022, 09:12:13 PM
Most of us will be better off than we would have been had these adjustments and cuts not been made — though it's true we're not being given anything, but being allowed to keep more of our income.

Besides, do you really think that 500,000 people (that's about the number earning over £150,000 pa in the UK) are enough to vote in any party across the whole country...?

No I don't, but those are the people who are better off from this and those are the donors of the Tory led vote who gave the useless Lizard her job. But it should be said sterling is now at a record low and 1.06 to a dollar. So no Patman, most of us certainly are not going to be better off given inflation has swallowed up any yax gains returned. And I wonder, has the falls even stopped. Kwantang even implied more tax cuts are to come. WTF!!!

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on September 24, 2022, 09:27:14 PM
I have not been this angry about a budget since 1989
Thats what the liberal Conservatives , the Labour party , the BBC and the backstabbers who worked without thought to get rid of Johnson are saying .

Now we actually have a Conservative party (economically) the opposition on realising they have scored one hell of an own goal are going into meltdown . 

Bring back Boris  they cry , what exactly did they expect when they kicked him out ? Well whatever it was it wasnt Liz Truss economics thats for sure .

I just hope she confronts the other challenges of government with the same political vigour . 

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2022, 09:16:04 PM
That's the key Pat, they don't care if they or the poor are better off, they are transfixed on making sure the more well off don't benefit. FOMO
Oh sure that will it then, without a shadow of doubt.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2022, 09:12:13 PM
Most of us will be better off than we would have been had these adjustments and cuts not been made — though it's true we're not being given anything, but being allowed to keep more of our income.

Besides, do you really think that 500,000 people (that's about the number earning over £150,000 pa in the UK) are enough to vote in any party across the whole country...?
That's the key Pat, they don't care if they or the poor are better off, they are transfixed on making sure the more well off don't benefit. FOMO
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 08:30:17 PM
Well it can't pay off for anyone below £150000 a year given inflation is above the rate of the tax cut gain. And unless you believe in the trickle down effect I don't even know what you are expecting here. This was never about boosting the economy in any case. If it were the money wouldn't be given to the people who aren't suffering and still spending but the middle and low income earners. This budget was about paying back the Tory voters who gave the lizard her position in Downing Street as she promised them she was going to cut the top rate of tax if they gave her their vote.
🥱 

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 08:30:17 PM
Well it can't pay off for anyone below £150000 a year given inflation is above the rate of the tax cut gain. And unless you believe in the trickle down effect I don't even know what you are expecting here. This was never about boosting the economy in any case. If it were the money wouldn't be given to the people who aren't suffering and still spending but the middle and low income earners. This budget was about paying back the Tory voters who gave the lizard her position in Downing Street as she promised them she was going to cut the top rate of tax if they gave her their vote.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2022, 07:51:17 PM
I mean, we can (a) get on with life as best we can (b) sit on our backsides and mope waiting for more government help (c) clear off to somewhere better.

One benefit from the mini-budget is that even medium-sized businesses are being helped. So, for example, our local post office — which is part of a private chain, and has now taken the place of all the banks bar NatWest in Stoke Newington — is more likely to remain operating.

Other local businesses, and branches of bigger operations, that the local community use, are also more likely to remain operating.

I'm hoping this pays off. If it doesn't, I don't see we will be any worse off than if taxes had risen to the levels forecast and businesses were forced to move out, shrink, or close down...

Well it can't pay off for anyone below £150000 a year given inflation is above the rate of the tax cut gain. And unless you believe in the trickle down effect I don't even know what you are expecting here. This was never about boosting the economy in any case. If it were the money wouldn't be given to the people who aren't suffering and still spending but the middle and low income earners. This budget was about paying back the Tory voters who gave the lizard her position in Downing Street as she promised them she was going to cut the top rate of tax if they gave her their vote.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 03:45:00 PM
What do you mean 'we all have to give it a go?' The budget has just given the rich a tax cut and the poor a tax rise due to inflation. I have no issue with borrowing to get people spending or borrowing in investment. But you have to explain to me here and now how exactly making the rich richer and the poor poorer is going to restart the economy. That isn't a trick question. It is a question of sense. If you want to stimulate growth you give it to the poor given the rich will have money to spend whatever and the poor will be deciding whether they are eating or heating each month. This budget was never about restarting the economy anyway. It was about rewarding the Torys who voted for Truss and then putting a spin on it to make out its about growth to trick the electorate. But I don't see anything coming from this than a bankrupt nation and even the most Conservative economists is saying this is a huge gamble. At the end it will be Labour in two years time who will have to try and sort out the Dizzy Lizards mess.
I mean, we can (a) get on with life as best we can (b) sit on our backsides and mope waiting for more government help (c) clear off to somewhere better.

One benefit from the mini-budget is that even medium-sized businesses are being helped. So, for example, our local post office — which is part of a private chain, and has now taken the place of all the banks bar NatWest in Stoke Newington — is more likely to remain operating.

Other local businesses, and branches of bigger operations, that the local community use, are also more likely to remain operating.

I'm hoping this pays off. If it doesn't, I don't see we will be any worse off than if taxes had risen to the levels forecast and businesses were forced to move out, shrink, or close down...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Good old on September 25, 2022, 04:41:30 PM
Labour might try and sort the Tory mess, but they have done so much damage it may be beyond clearing up .
We all know about ,Covid, and now Putins war. But the thing that has under pinned our society since WW2
Is it's services, in particular the NHS from top to bottom, the welfare system and every aspect of social care.
All of which have been cut over twelve years into near oblivion. The Tories don't care a toss about that as when it's broken , the door is completely  opened to private everything. This I feel is behind the Liz theory, nothing to lose , keep the wealthy sound, watch Rome burn, and relish rebuilding it in our own image.
This is what Labour will inherit a country up to its neck in debt, a country still having to deal with a crisis in the cost and supply of energy, and services that barely function for years of deliberate under funding , and that's before they contemplate the cost of  a bigger and bigger defence bill because Whatever has become of Putin by then lessons  will be learned.
The voting public will want results and quick. And all the time what we used to call Fleet Street , and Murdochs TV interests flog them day in day out as if the problems were only ever their own.
Maybe lowering the population is an economic master stroke 😉.

Good old

Quote from: B0ycey on September 25, 2022, 03:45:00 PM
What do you mean 'we all have to give it a go?' The budget has just given the rich a tax cut and the poor a tax rise due to inflation. I have no issue with borrowing to get people spending or borrowing in investment. But you have to explain to me here and now how exactly making the rich richer and the poor poorer is going to restart the economy. That isn't a trick question. It is a question of sense. If you want to stimulate growth you give it to the poor given the rich will have money to spend whatever and the poor will be deciding whether they are eating or heating each month. This budget was never about restarting the economy anyway. It was about rewarding the Torys who voted for Truss and then putting a spin on it to make out its about growth to trick the electorate. But I don't see anything coming from this than a bankrupt nation and even the most Conservative economists is saying this is a huge gamble. At the end it will be Labour in two years time who will have to try and sort out the Dizzy Lizards mess.

Labour might try and sort the Tory mess, but they have done so much damage it may be beyond clearing up .
We all know about ,Covid, and now Putins war. But the thing that has under pinned our society since WW2
Is it's services, in particular the NHS from top to bottom, the welfare system and every aspect of social care.
All of which have been cut over twelve years into near oblivion. The Tories don't care a toss about that as when it's broken , the door is completely  opened to private everything. This I feel is behind the Liz theory, nothing to lose , keep the wealthy sound, watch Rome burn, and relish rebuilding it in our own image.
This is what Labour will inherit a country up to its neck in debt, a country still having to deal with a crisis in the cost and supply of energy, and services that barely function for years of deliberate under funding , and that's before they contemplate the cost of  a bigger and bigger defence bill because Whatever has become of Putin by then lessons  will be learned. 
The voting public will want results and quick. And all the time what we used to call Fleet Street , and Murdochs TV interests flog them day in day out as if the problems were only ever their own.